Poll

Are you guys willing to play thought a plague event?

Yes, let the pestilence begin! I'll willingly get sick!
16 (88.9%)
Yes, but I don't want to be one of the ones who gets sick.
1 (5.6%)
No, plagues are lame!
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: August 07, 2012, 12:54:00 am

Author Topic: Sim-Wide Plague  (Read 12173 times)

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Sim-Wide Plague
« on: August 04, 2012, 12:54:00 am »
So we the evil GMs have worked out a plot for a sim-wide plague to ravish Lismore for a few days.
Now the only thing that's missing is general opinion from you, the players!

The idea of a plague is that people are affected by it, and this one, trust me, almost everybody would be affected by it!
(don't say "but I have immunity to all diseases", we know and that is not relevant right now)

The main question is: Are you guys game?
Last time someone tried to unleash a plague... let me put it in blunt terms: The bitching was epic!

We have no intention of killing off anyone's character, but it's REALLY FRUSTRATING when the staff is trying to organize an event and people don't acknowledge it. I don't want to post messages saying "90% of the population should catch this!", but then everyone you see is somehow immune or simply didn't catch it.

Are you the players willing to go through the drama of being sick and weakened or is everybody happy to only be the hero and never suffer any detriments?

So please vote, so we can know which direction to take this event.  :)

Chandra

• View Profile
Re: Sim-Wide Plague
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 08:27:29 am »
Ashura is more then willing to be down for a while! o/

Jannisia

• View Profile
    • Easton Forums
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 09:43:31 am »
A plague event would be awesome, sure!

I usually prefer to have characters see everyone sick around them and be completely helpless. One of my characters wouldn't be affected due to not being technically living, and a few of my sturdier characters would likely not be, but both of my living characters from Easton (Jannisia, Amilin) should be GREATLY affected, and I'm willing to let Teefa be a carrier, getting only a little sick.

Kini shouldn't be able to catch it at all, seeing as she's a completely different class of creature from most of the islanders, and neither should Shamaelistor, who isn't a complete being. Not sure if Ambros would be affected, but I'll play it as I see it, because shi does get sick and eventually all normal stuff will mutate into being able to affect Mana Corrupted.

Nightpelt might be another carrier, or he might full out catch the plague, but if Bedelia catches it she will have it worse than the ones from Easton.

So that's four affected out of my nine, three unaffected, and two carriers. If this event happens.
Xema Guardian, Jannisia Ocelot, and Shaden Opaline.

Agir Avro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 01:27:35 pm »
I'm game, though Ruk might have a day's delay before he's suffering with it. He's not exactly a normal being after all. It'd even be an excuse to put his herbalist background to use in trying to brew something up to treat whatever everyone gets hit with.

MysticLancer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 06:20:38 pm »
I like the idea and Relina would probably be the first to show how it affects a mana corrupted person.

Caex

• Magetech Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 12:03:42 am »
we're designing the pleauge to affect everyone, even mana curupted. hell the curupted and the beasts would technicaly be more suseptable to it than most. although the details on that are classafied. needless to say we seek to infect the entire island to give a proper ammount of ilness drama. mind you we do not intend to kill anyone. as the boss fox has stated, character death is not our desire and we're avoiding it. i mean come on, it's ash that's putting on the show here people, not me! character death should be the last thing on your mind.

Jannisia

• View Profile
    • Easton Forums
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 03:58:15 pm »
I still say at least two of my characters would be carriers. I would prefer to have Teefa be one, as well as Shamaelistor if he can't be excused entirely due to his background.

firefoxinc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 07:08:51 pm »
NERGAL
Active Chars: Nathifa
Inactive/Gone:Sethos, Kanika, Khalid

Jay Voncloud

• Loverble Mana Currupted fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 12:45:44 am »
Its always amusing when its posted it WILL EFFECT EVERYONE and then people go ahead and post that it wont. XD

And i will be game for this.

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 03:48:45 am »
(...)I would prefer to have Teefa be one, (...)

River would have a big sad D:

But yeah! Bring it on with the plague!

Jannisia

• View Profile
    • Easton Forums
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 05:28:23 pm »
Being a carrier absolutely does NOT mean being unaffected, Jay. It simply means that while less affected, they could easily spread the disease to anyone who assumes that they do not have it! Carriers of greater diseases that cause more horrible effects generally do get sick, they just don't get nearly as sick as everyone else: the disease is masked in them and appears to be something less.

Also, diseases generally tend to affect specific species. With the amount of species in Lismore, it is very reasonable that one or two may have resistance to any given pathogen. It could even be possible that the more exotic characters bring with them pathogens that they are carriers of.

Now, noone ever remind me of that again, because I like making incredibly exotic characters. I might end up introducing a disease to Lismore if anyone reminds me of this detail.

Sen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 06:35:58 pm »
*raises paw* Assuming I'm not busy with something or other, I'd be interested in volunteering my primary character, Sen, as a carrier. With his healing capabilities and his nomadic tendencies, he could venture quite far whilst infected before succumbing to exhaustion and the more severe symptoms of the plague.