Author Topic: The Absence Topic  (Read 32982 times)

Drubunneh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The Absence Topic
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 01:18:40 pm »
I'm going to be offline for a few days it seems. Something has gone wrong that my ISP are trying to fix. Some connections don't work and they have confirmed it's nothing to do with my equipment or my PC.
Essentially only some webpages load at a decent speed and also only some online games. SL sadly happens to be one that doesn't work at the moment.

I really hope they fix it soon. If I'm needed PM me on the forums or drop me an IM as it goes to my email I will respond when I can

Drubunneh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 12:51:15 pm »
Okay seems my issues were down to a double whammy of bad DNS and the sim not running quite as it should. Course with my issues I felt it worse. Back now!

firefoxinc

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 06:01:26 am »
Just so everyone knows.

I am at Camp Shelby currently. I will be here for the next 2 months.My internet is restricted to a cellphone on 3G CDMA. I do not know when or if I will be able to get on SL.
Active Chars: Nathifa
Inactive/Gone:Sethos, Kanika, Khalid

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
HURRICANE SANDY (or whatever it's called)! GAAHH! DOOM! GAAHH!
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 11:15:13 pm »
So they are predicting doom here for the East Coast because of some hurricane coming up the coast.
They are talking about it like it's going to be the Apocalypse or something, warning people to stock up and prepare for 7 or more days without electricity!

Well, the storm is supposed to hit here in Richmond within a few hours, so if I disappear, it's because I lost electricity/internet/life/something.

I'll try to get online from wherever I can leech internet from (usually the Barnes & Noble), but it's all still to be seen. So, if I disappear, it's because of the hurricane! If I don't disappear, it's because another doomsday failed us!  ;)

Love you all!

-Ash

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 11:22:38 pm »
*Impersonates Danny from Grease* You know, I met a girl named Sandy...

Do hope nothing bad happens Foxeh D:
"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler

firefoxinc

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 04:22:21 pm »
I am still around, just can barely be on sl. From what I have been told I am not missing too much.
Active Chars: Nathifa
Inactive/Gone:Sethos, Kanika, Khalid

Jannisia

• View Profile
    • Easton Forums
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 06:39:54 pm »
I'll probably not be on for a good long time, as I'm very sick and can barely be coherent without spellcheck and a good 15 minutes to read over every post. I'll try to go online, but don't really expect much from me, as I'm quite literally unable to get out of bed unless I take painkillers.
Xema Guardian, Jannisia Ocelot, and Shaden Opaline.

Drubunneh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 12:45:06 am »
I am still around, just can barely be on sl. From what I have been told I am not missing too much.

Firefox. While it's nice to be able to tell others you may or may not be around in this thread this is not the place to moan about Lismore (again) without any suggestions for improvement (again)

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 10:02:35 am »
I'll probably not be on for a good long time, as I'm very sick and can barely be coherent without spellcheck and a good 15 minutes to read over every post. I'll try to go online, but don't really expect much from me, as I'm quite literally unable to get out of bed unless I take painkillers.

Really hope you feel better soon, hope you get well quick!
:) Please keep us up to date with how you are recovering. And dont worry, we'll still be here when you return!

Jannisia

• View Profile
    • Easton Forums
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2012, 09:54:10 am »
Well that was fun. Infection lasted a good week, and my computer died a few days in. Just got it running again today. Will be on shortly, but not for long. Party.
Xema Guardian, Jannisia Ocelot, and Shaden Opaline.

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 07:04:19 am »
I regret to inform that I will most likely be highly unavailable for the next couple of weeks, and will most likely not engage in RP in the time that I am online.

The reason for this is that I have just learned that my grandmother (on my mom's side, who happens to be very ill these days) is being subjected to physical and mental abuse by my grandfather, which at this point has served to make my grandma near deathly ill. She's currently unable to hold things without help, has no feeling in her hands & feet whatsoever, and is struggling quite badly with performing every day tasks. She's become unable to do even the most basic things, and she's not getting the help she needs because of her abusive husband & the family has therefore decided to intervene.

We're not 100% sure what's going on yet or who's going to take her away from that man, but it's most likely going to be my folks and I. It'll be decided later today, and tomorrow we'll probably be driving down to her city to fetch her.
Caring for grandma is going to be a full-time job & I have to prioritize her, and we'll need to anticipate that grandpa is going to come after her so we'll be having our hands full for a while.

I'm sorry if anyone feels shafted that I am having to cut down my RP presence. Here's to hoping it all goes well.

Drubunneh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 07:38:20 am »
I regret to inform that I will most likely be highly unavailable for the next couple of weeks, and will most likely not engage in RP in the time that I am online.

The reason for this is that I have just learned that my grandmother (on my mom's side, who happens to be very ill these days) is being subjected to physical and mental abuse by my grandfather, which at this point has served to make my grandma near deathly ill. She's currently unable to hold things without help, has no feeling in her hands & feet whatsoever, and is struggling quite badly with performing every day tasks. She's become unable to do even the most basic things, and she's not getting the help she needs because of her abusive husband & the family has therefore decided to intervene.

We're not 100% sure what's going on yet or who's going to take her away from that man, but it's most likely going to be my folks and I. It'll be decided later today, and tomorrow we'll probably be driving down to her city to fetch her.
Caring for grandma is going to be a full-time job & I have to prioritize her, and we'll need to anticipate that grandpa is going to come after her so we'll be having our hands full for a while.

I'm sorry if anyone feels shafted that I am having to cut down my RP presence. Here's to hoping it all goes well.

Good luck and hope all things improve soon for you. We will see you once things settle a bit more

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 07:56:43 am »

x.x That is messed up...I really hope things will improve and go well, you know we're here if you need us.
"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 10:35:58 am »

Really hope things improve soon, good luck. I wish her a speedy recovery. We'll still be here for you when you return *hugs*

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 11:44:04 am »
Do what you must, Tenaar, we will be here when you are able to RP again!    :)