Author Topic: War Council (First Kingdom War)  (Read 8153 times)

Ani

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Master of Bugcats
    • View Profile
War Council (First Kingdom War)
« on: December 16, 2017, 03:10:08 pm »
This council is convened to deal with the matter of the final siege against the First Kingdom's inner territory. This council is being arranged because the target territory is distant, and it won't be possible to mobilize all alliance forces at the same time due to logistical issues. For this reason, the following individuals are called to council to form a collective council to ensure that alliance forces are used as effectively as possible.

Ewyllyn Fu Sheng Empress, Lismore
Xahu Fu Sheng Emperor, Lismore
Kami Kazi Queen, Renegades Alliance
Miriamella Solis Guard Captain, Lismore
Aisling O'lane General, Crimson Empire Legion
Charon Stonefall General, Steel Isles Dragon Army
Anzhelina General, Skylands Alliance Forces
Valric Fu Sheng Prince, Lismore, Military Expert
Mezmer (Sam) Kane Governor of New Eden, Shadow Operations Expert
Chaplain Eastling Head Guardian, Temple
Ascari Fu Sheng Prince, Rawrbites Founder
Arwyn Fu Sheng Prince, Rawrbites Founder
Raziel City Guard, Lismore, Proven tactical experience
Calypso Airship Captain, Renegades Alliance
Relina Harem Zenko Leader, extensive military experience
Cecilia Versthaler Cruentes Leader, Mercenary Captain
Roselie Knight Commander of Amalthea
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 07:42:06 pm by Ani »

Ani

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Master of Bugcats
    • View Profile
Re: War Council (First Kingdom War)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 03:10:15 pm »
This is the operational area for the campaign, and will be updated as units are deployed and territorial ownership changes.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 04:51:10 pm by Ani »

Ani

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Master of Bugcats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 03:10:22 pm »
These are the divisions and assets available for use. The first listing details how many divisions each of Lismore's airships can support, the second listing describes divisions currently present on the field, and the final refers to total available divisions of troops.

Support

Skycutter Airship - Lismore - Supports one division. Ship has a strong armament and is of high speed. <Captain: Collie Madfang> <Condition good>

MorningStar Airship - Lismore - Supports two divisions. Ship is lightly armed and of good speed. <Captain: Aurora Fu Sheng> <Condition good>

Black Mariner Airship - Renegades - Supports two divisions. Ship is of strong armament and moderate speed. <Captain: Calypso> <Condition good>

Cortez' Revenge Airship - Crimson Empire - Supports three divisions. Ship is of extreme armament and low speed. <Captain: Aisling O'lane> <Condition good>

Aetherwing - Lismore - Will support three divisions. Ship will be of extreme armament and low speed. Will have space available to support formal medical services. <Captain: Sabine Rousseau Aurumcauda> <Condition incomplete>

Deployed Divisions

None, currently - field operations haven't started

All Divisions

Rawrbites - Special operations squad - low numbers, high skill, high utility - good condition - Lead by Arwyn Fu Sheng and Ascari Fu Sheng

City guard - Mixed armor - moderate numbers, high skill, moderate utility - good condition - Lead by Miriamella Solis and Amalia Solis
Temple Scouts - Light Armor - moderate numbers, devastating skill, below average utility - good condition <doesn't need supply support> - Lead by Chaplain Eastling and Lia

Renegades Necromancer Squad - Light armor - low numbers, moderate skill, devastating utility - good condition <can raise it's numbers prior to an engagement> - Lead by Navaru Sil'dur and Jendayi

Renegades Insectacat Squad - strong armor - low numbers, high skill, high utility - good condition <accompanied by powerful coleform warriors> - Lead by Bomber Kazi and Bayel Kazi

Cruentes Mercenary Squad - mixed armor - low numbers, high skill, high utility - good condition <can trap areas and convert enemy mercenaries> - Lead by Cecilia Vershtaler and Shale

Keryn Squad - heavy armor - low numbers, high skill, moderate utility - good condition <healers and high holy magic present> - Lead by Anzhelina and Itherael

New Eden Squad - light armor - low numbers, extreme skill, high utility - good condition <can perform stealth missions against enemy divisions and locations to reduce defenses> Lead by Riddkah Kane and Alvin Kouski

Blackstone Squad - mixed armor - moderate numbers, moderate skill, moderate utility - good condition <most squad members have an intimate knowledge of first kingdom military strategies and tactics> Lead by Mayor Bidlake and Fissure

Steel Isles Dragon Riders - high armor - low numbers, high skill, high utility - good condition <all units are knights mounted on black, green or red dragons> Lead by Charon Stonefall and Aundria Fu Sheng

Crimson Empire Battle Gryphons - high armor - low numbers, high skill, high utility - good condition <all units consist of two heavy spearmen and one heavy crossbowman atop a large gryphon Lead by Aisling O'Lane and Lynn Firebird

Knights of Amalthea - strong armor - low numbers, high skill, high utility - good condition <possesses knights on flying mounts>

'Zenko' forces - mixed armor - low numbers, high skill, high utility - good condition <composed of mages and battlemages> Lead by Relina Harem and Fey
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 05:04:21 pm by Ani »

Ani

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Master of Bugcats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 04:35:58 pm »
The war council is officially called to order.

Anzhelina would stand before the council and speak,

"Thank you everyone for coming. Though we're still likely some time out from the final attack, this is a good time to start planning. We've been provided a fairly clear picture of what the area is that we'll be deal with, depicted above. We'll only be able to deploy as many troops as the airships we've got can support, so we'll need to be judicious about what divisions we put on the field and how we use them. I've included information on what assets we have and what their specialties are.

The first thing we're going to need to decide is our timing. Are we going to attack as soon as we're able, or should we wait until the airship currently under construction is completed? We're not expecting an imminent attack from the First Kingdom asides from the one we want - against the Renegades' fortress to devastate the first kingdom's numbers and morale - and another airship would mean we can put more boots on the clouds. This motion is called to discussion and voting."

Haru

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 07:58:51 pm »
Roselie would dip her head to Anzhenlina and clear her throat a moment before speaking up

"I think it would be in our best interest if we did wait for the completion of your airship, when is the estimated timing of that?" she looked to the others in the room before continuing

"with that time also I might be able to finish training on our newest recruits and mounts as well, of course depending on the time it takes to finish."
The worst way to love someone is to sit next to them, knowing they don’t love you back.

MysticLancer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 01:15:25 pm »
Relina speaks up once the floor was given to the council "I too would recommend we wait for the newest airship to be built. We may have decimated many pillars of the first kingdom, but we are still in need of a strong fleet to assault their main base of operations."

Aryn Gentlepaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 01:54:41 am »
Miri, Sam and Aisling would pretty much all three agree to waiting for another airship, using slightly different words, but basically saying that the advantage of another support airship of the same size than the Cortz' revenge is an advantage that could be decisive.

In addition to that they d give brief statements about the current affairs:

Miri: "The Lismorean Guard is ready to support and fill the ranks of the army, or act independently. Before the final battles we will make sure that our weapons and armors are up to date and we are equipped with the latest developments in the magi-technical warfare."

Mezmer (Sam): "CTC is happy to provide support and will make sure to work closely with its various business partners throughout the Skylands. You will not see much of us out in the open, but rest assured that we will be close by, working from the shadows."

Aisling: "The sooner we deal the final blow, the better. The Crimson Legion has been building up to this point by relentlessly pursuing our enemy, giving no quarters and pushing them back whenever we met them in battle. We are more than ready to steer the Revenge right to their doorstep and make the final push."
Heaven starts with a smile :)

Xahu Fu Sheng

• VIP Players
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 03:20:36 am »
Xahu would address the War Council, but first...

- Xahu would have pulled aside select few to inform them of a beyond-top-secret project in the works: Ewy, Kami, Miri, Anzhelina, and Relina would be told that the Aurumcauda fennecs (Solrin, Sapphire, Samir) had approached him with a secret proposal, to use their various industries (the brickworks and metalsmithing and tass-processing, which all tie in with wood suppliers and glass (Vheljen) suppliers and plenty of labor force) to fabricate separate and in secret the parts needed for the newest airships, and have it assembled in a secret location, thus leaving the shipyard looking like it's in slow-gear due to winter, deceiving potential spies about their true intentions and capabilities. The fennecs assured that they could have at least one airship of the newer model finished before the end of winter, and if they managed to pull tha off, Xahu would want to attack during winter, when the enemy would be bogged down by the inclement weather and believe everybody else to be as well debilitated by it, as the experts are forecasting a harsher-than-usual winter this year! This information was absolutely secret and not to be shared with anyone at all!
Mezmer would be told (by someone else, so it's not Xahu telling him about something trivial) that the fennecs would be making a push to supply materials for Lord Ausar's home renovations, so he doesn't get suspicious of an increased activity in the industries down in New Eden, and Ausar would be told that his plans for adding to the Ausarium were approved and that the fennecs would be handling it since they showed they can build during winter! -

...with that out of the way, Xahu would address the War Council, agreeing that the air support is essential and they should remain at ready in case of attacks, but should wait for the airship(s) to be finished and operational before launching an attack intent on decimating the enemy once and for all!

The troops should continue their standard training and have special training concerning specific locations they may be deployed to based on information that was being acquired by their 'special forces' infiltrating enemy territory.

Ani

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Master of Bugcats
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 02:03:36 am »
Kami would address the council concerning the recent siege,

As we have been anticipating for some time, the First Kingdom has carried out their siege against the fortress. We sustained very little damage thanks to the fine Ramani techniques used in the construction of our fortress, and very few soldiers. The First Kingdom deployed a kind of crude airship we're referring to as 'air barges' - they were essentially just repurposed pieces of wooden buildings and fortifications pieced together and being driven by a cumbersome, low-power magical drive. In addition to about 26 of these barges being destroyed, 'Saint Yue', one of the First Kingdom's caste leaders, has been taken in with injuries, early interaction suggests she may be a defector.

'Lord Overseer Mordecai', who was previously a criminal guilty of serious crimes regarding kidnapping and forgery of slave papers, and later took a caste leader position in the First Kingdom, was slain during the battle. There's quite a few wreckages around our perimeter which we're working through and salvaging.

I can safely say that the First Kingdom's mobile forces have all but been decimated. We'll soon be ready for the final chapter in this war.

Kian

• "Why is the rum always gone? ....Whoa... Oh, that'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 02:22:44 am »
Rhett, Kian, Alejandro, and Irascor would step up.

Rhett- "I'll fight for Lismore with my life on the line, to finally put and end to the nightmare of the first kingdom..."

Kian salutes. "I'll be with my wife, ready to support by any mean, by air or land."

Ira smirks. "Just tell me what to do and I'll do it..."

Irothu would naturally be with his Queen.

(I think that is it, sorries i am wiritngthis as i just wake up so... i may editthis a bits later...)

Xahu Fu Sheng

• VIP Players
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 03:30:28 am »
Xahu would reveal to the Council now that, with the utmost secrecy, an airship had been built during winter!

The project and work had been kept in absolute secrecy due to strategical and tactical reasons, and because it was privately financed and Xahu himself was skeptical that it could be done during winter, a time notorious for bringing all construction to a halt! So there was also not the need to get people's hopes up and risk disappointment and having to re-work the plans for the attack against the First Kingdom.

The new ship, christened Aetherwing, will be captained by Sabine Rousseau, who has been training her crew and now as the ship undergoes its final sea trials... er... air trials, will be ready to launch as soon as the offensive plans are ready!

It's important still that the Council members only tell people about this new tactical advantage on a need-to-know basis. Public announcements will be made on the eve of battle.

Ani

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Master of Bugcats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 07:56:04 pm »
Anzhelina would call to order discussions about what divisions each ship will carry in the coming assault for the first rotation. This is her current suggestion...

Aetherwing (Three divisions)

- Rawrbites
- City Guard
- Knights of Amalthea

As the Aetherwing is the most heavily armed ship, I suggest we send them after the Southern Border Camp, which is an orcish camp likely to have the most defensive implacements and enemy manpower of the initial strikes. The Aetherwing's guns can devastate static enemy defenses, and the mixture of divisions should be devastating against the orcish resistance that it'll encounter.

Skycutter (One division)

- New Eden

The Skycutter is the most nimble airship available, and new eden's squad is definitely the greatest element of stealth. I recommend we send them to the Cliffs, when the initial border camp strikes have caused some of it's standing compliment to be dispatched to the field, to stealthily sabotage it and effectively destroy flier support to our enemy for the remainder of the assault.

Morning Star (Two divisions)

- Temple Division
- Keryn Division

The Morning Star is already well-suited as a 'support' ship, can could be properly used this way during the fight. The Temple and Keryn divisions contain most of our healers and holy warriors, my recommendation is that the Morning Star remain stationed and guarded for the border-camp strikes so that it can have wounded transported to and from it during the fight. A counter-attack is lightly so good protection is recommended, perhaps the Renegades and Steel Isles can spare a few Coleform and Dragon riders respectively.

Black Mariner (Two Divisions)

- Renegades Necromancer Squad
- Cruentes Mercenary Squad

The Black Mariner is a good all-around fighter. The Northern Border Camp is reputed to be heavily protected by undead. The Renegades have a squad of proficient necromancers of their own, and Cruentes no doubt has a deadly array of weapons they can employ against the same opponents.

Cortez' Revenge (three divisions

- Blackstone Squad
- Zenko Forces
- Renegades Insectacats

I suggest that we stock the Cortez' Revenge with some of our strongest shock troops and Blackstone's new militia, as it'll provide a strong mix of strength and experience. I would recommend then moving the Revenge so that while the attacks on the other camps are in place, the Revenge can be ready to both anticipate enemy counterattacks, and to spearhead the attack against Crestfallen Keep once the border camps have been taken care of.

These are my recommendations for the first move from us. Keep in mind that depending on how the fights and any counter-attacks go, we will likely have to give some divisions and possibly even airships a day for recovery before they can be employed in another attack or defensive movement.

Aryn Gentlepaw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 03:43:31 am »
My various squad leaders and commanders would have no objections to those suggestions! We can start whenever the scenes are set up! :)
Heaven starts with a smile :)

Ani

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Master of Bugcats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 04:40:53 pm »
With no objections for the War Council, the motion is carried for this first batch of orders to be issued as-is.

(Watch for event planning topics and be sure to let people know what's up since a lot of our players don't use the forums still)

MysticLancer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 05:07:48 pm »
Relina has no objections to the plans and neither does Alvin.