Author Topic: Lantern's Flintlocks and Magic  (Read 5286 times)

Caex

• Magetech Engineer
    • View Profile
Lantern's Flintlocks and Magic
« on: April 17, 2016, 04:30:49 pm »
Welcome to Lantern's Flintlocks and Magic! Lismore's very own dedicated shop for ranged weapons, Blackpowder or otherwise!
So Don't Cop Out With Your Copper, Get More Bang For Your Buck!

Aloha, I'm a builder here in lismore, Some people know my work, some don't. But thought i'd officially open a shop here so to speak. If you're in the market for a gunblade, Flintlock, Musket, magical pistol, or magitech weapon, I can make it nine times out of ten. I have an assortment of premade items and i also do commissions. Most of my ready made items cost around 250L and the large majority of them have already been in the sim before so it's fair to say they are sim safe.

I also do commission work for 1000 L. I custom build a weapon as close to your specifications as i possibly can. following a design you provide. If it's for the sim, i check with the sim staff to make sure the build fits within the lore, so you don't have to worry about the headache. If it's for somewhere else, Well i try and follow your specifications.

I will donate 75% of the proceeds from this shop to Lismore itself. So everything you buy helps the sim stay afloat that much longer.
Please note, any item acquired here should be added to your card and submitted for approval. Purchasing
===========================================================================================================================

The following is IC information that is readily available.

Jack Lanterns has opend up a shop in the market, Selling his wares and taking on custom orders for more unique builds. Jack was known for his work in old lismore during the war where he developed siege weapons and an assortment of personal firearms which proved their worth in battle. Now he's one of lismore's more eccentric enchanters and builders and has a reputation for making things that explode. Tired of fighting the unfair predijous against him, He's decided to go with it and offer his wares to the public while following lismore's laws in regards to dangerous enchantments.

His shop contains a vast assortment of trinkets both small and large inside enchanted display cases as well as bizarre looking muskets, flintlock pistols, and other weapons.

The motto of the shop is "Don't Cop out with your Copper, Get more bang for your buck"

Jack offers the following to the following groups.

General Citizens can purchase the following.

Lesser Enchanted bolts and arrows: Jack will enchant a group of ten bolts or arrows for use in mundane bows and crossbows. These enchantments are normally simple elemental effects such as ice, fire, or lightning based. He also throws in 3 free distress arrows or bolts with each purchase in case civilians need to signal the guard. The arrows and bolts come in a pack of 10, not including the three free distress arrows and bolts. He charges 5 silver per bundle.

Lesser Exotic Arrows and Bolts: Sometimes refereed to as Baby's first explosive arrow, or crossbow bolt. These are purchased individually and equate to a medium enchantment. Jack notes that at any given time, there should never bee more than 10 of these arrows in a quiver, if one does place more than 10 in a quiver, Jack is not responsible for the resulting explosion, or the harm and damage it will likely cause.  These arrows come in at 2 gold a pop.

Zenko pattern Crossbows: Jack sells the Old civilian pattern of the Zenko Crossbows here at the shop. They have a few improvements over your standard crossbow and are generally considered safer to use and handle.  Crossbow training sold separately. The Zenko Crossbow sells for 5 gold and comes with a lifetime warranty.

Standard match lock pistol or musket: Jack is a known weapon smith and his black powder weapons are known to be of high quality. Pistols come in at 3 gold per pistol, and each musket sells for 6 gold. Standard shot in prepackaged paper canisters comes in packs of 10 for 5 silver.

Gun Mage Pistol: Jack sells Magic Canister pistols as well here. very basic versions of his first pistol. The design has been refined a bit and features some safety features to it. These pistols cost 10 gold per unit. A Writ of approval must be obtained from the local guard before one of these pistols can be purchased at the store. It's ammunition is purchased individually and custom made. each shot for the pistol costs around 3 gold. all shots are considered concentrated civilian grade spells.

Standard weapon and armor enchantments: Jack also offers standard weapon and armor enchantments to be discussed for each individual item. Items to be enchanted must be of high quality. Each enchantment costs 5 gold.

===========================================================================================================================

City Guards can access the following items.

Defense Grade enchanted arrows and crossbow bolts: Jack offers specialty designed enchanted arrows and bolts for the local guard. at one gold per bundle of 5, The guard can choose from armor penetrating enchantments, net enchantments, or even the bog standard fire, ice, or electric enchantments.

Defense Grade Exotic arrows and bolts: Jack offers specially designed exotic bolts and arrows to the guard that are custom built to their specifications within reason. Each exotic bolt is designed within reason to achieve it's desired effect and must be purchased separately. again, jack places the stipulation that never should the guard allow more than 10 of these arrows or bolts be in the same quivver. Each exotic arrow or bolt costs 3 gold.

Zenko Military grade Crossbow: Jack offers the military grade variety of his crossbows to the Guard. a bit more potent than the civilian variant, these can even handle heavy crossbow bolts where most crossbows would snap the string.  These crossbows are sold 4 gold per unit.

Wheel Lock pistols and muskets: Jack knows that it's not always sunny and sometimes things get a bit wet. With that in mind he offers special blackpowder weapons that can operate in the rain with minimal issues. Pistols are sold at 4 gold per, and muskets are sold at 8 gold per. Shot again is the same price as the civilian variant.

Guard Grade Gun Mage Pistol: Not quite top of the line, but able to handle stronger rounds and packs a bit more arcane punch. Jack also throws in a free enchanted bayonet with each purchase. These weapons cost 15 gold per unit and the guard in question must have a writ of approval from his captain before purchase is allowed.

Guard Grade Enchantments: similar to the civilian grade enchantments, Jack offers enchanting services to the guard. Each enchantment costs 5 gold.

Arcane Grenades: Special explosives with complex enchantments worked into them. Any guard purchasing these Must have a writ of aproval from their captain and a royal writ of aproval from any of the royal family. Each grenade costs 5 gold. jack makes special note that no person should ever have more than three of them on their person, and even that's pushing it.

Custom work not listed above is also doable. however those projects must be discussed with jack in person.

Jack also offers Golems for sale, however those creations must have a writ of seal approval from the emperor himself. Prices varry

Caex

• Magetech Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: Lantern's Flintlocks and Magic
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 03:16:31 pm »
Just had a customer for the shop. thought i'd keep a log here starting now.
hadone person purchase a simple rapier with an under slung flintlock.