Author Topic: What would you like to see?  (Read 15770 times)

Jay Voncloud

• Loverble Mana Currupted fox
    • View Profile
What would you like to see?
« on: November 08, 2011, 05:29:35 am »
Im am just curious to see what kind of events people of lismore would like to see, im not asking for specific ideas just a general thought, we obviously have the usual combat events that everyone enjoys, but if theres anything else you lismorians would like to see, then post here

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What would you like to see?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 06:04:46 am »
My general thoughts shall be specific ideas. I am an opposite!

~ A market event every once in a while, where players actually interact with other players/NPCs.

~ Interesting recurring events (such as a bi-monthly (RL time) faire/carneval, other common entertainment)

~ Festivals (for whatever).

~ Hunting & fishing contests.

~ Arena fights (for entertainment, or possibly as part of a criminal's sentence, etc.)

~ Natural disasters (typhoons, hurricanes, massive frikkin' thunderstorms-- we're at sea level! Could cause environmental damage, lead to other events where players rebuild, etc.)

~ Schooling! A recurring event (or maybe even a dedicated area w/ players) where people can undergo education... an official system, if you will.

~ City councils, where people's characters can voice their concerns & issues to the island's leadership and plead for a cause, and so on.

~ Political corruption, intrigues and so on! Wouldn't it be awesome if there were bad guys in the island's leadership subtly manipulating shizz for their own agendas? Clever!

Naurel Chronos

• Nau
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 06:37:37 am »
Tenaar, hate to point these out but.... There already is a faire/carnival that visits, usually it's tried to be scheduled when other events aren't going on and the players of the carnival folks can get on (last month's was canceled due to illness).... the temple for one already does festivals around the RL holidays, or at least ursa gets an excuse to decorate the temple up.... Ashtyn hold city councils whenever rl and sl let him... and the zenko (atm it's all kablewy though) did have a school, most others 'home school' their children, considering the time frame we go by that's really about all that'll ever be happening for most characters

some of the others though do sound plausible, i don't know how well a natural disaster would go over though, but i like the market event idea

Shape-shifter extraordinaire: Because one color is fine, but one form is just silly

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 10:12:31 am »
~ Political corruption, intrigues and so on! Wouldn't it be awesome if there were bad guys in the island's leadership subtly manipulating shizz for their own agendas? Clever!

You are blind! :p

Husky Dragon

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 01:11:52 pm »
My general thoughts shall be specific ideas. I am an opposite!

~ A market event every once in a while, where players actually interact with other players/NPCs.

~ Interesting recurring events (such as a bi-monthly (RL time) faire/carneval, other common entertainment)

~ Festivals (for whatever).

~ Hunting & fishing contests.

~ Arena fights (for entertainment, or possibly as part of a criminal's sentence, etc.)

~ Natural disasters (typhoons, hurricanes, massive frikkin' thunderstorms-- we're at sea level! Could cause environmental damage, lead to other events where players rebuild, etc.)

~ Schooling! A recurring event (or maybe even a dedicated area w/ players) where people can undergo education... an official system, if you will.

~ City councils, where people's characters can voice their concerns & issues to the island's leadership and plead for a cause, and so on.

I like the first idea, but we pretty much already do/have all of the others. They aren't seen, most of the time, due to lack of interest from our players, though. We get alot of requests as staff, and then when we try to do them, nobody shows up half of the time :P

LadyUrsa

• Lady Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 01:36:01 pm »
Maybe we can coordinate the Carnival leader and a market event as one event for a few days.
“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"”

~Winnie-the-pooh

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 11:34:28 am »

You are blind! :p

Only partly!

Tenaar, hate to point these out but.... There already is a faire/carnival that visits, usually it's tried to be scheduled when other events aren't going on and the players of the carnival folks can get on (last month's was canceled due to illness).... the temple for one already does festivals around the RL holidays, or at least ursa gets an excuse to decorate the temple up.... Ashtyn hold city councils whenever rl and sl let him... and the zenko (atm it's all kablewy though) did have a school, most others 'home school' their children, considering the time frame we go by that's really about all that'll ever be happening for most characters

I know, I was just throwing random ideas off the top of my head as they fell in.

I like the first idea, but we pretty much already do/have all of the others. They aren't seen, most of the time, due to lack of interest from our players, though. We get alot of requests as staff, and then when we try to do them, nobody shows up half of the time :P

Must really suck DX

People should be more active in here! If everybody's off to other sims while Lismore's inactive, it'll stay inactive!
That done pissin' me off, 's what it does!

...And for some strange, unrelated reason, my perverted side wants to suggest more breeding parties >_>

I am not creepy at all.

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 04:17:25 pm »
...And for some strange, unrelated reason, my perverted side wants to suggest more breeding parties >_>

I am not creepy at all.

You already are single handedly populating the island with your kids! I mean, you got six with Bahiti alone!
"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler

Lycanthrope

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 04:22:46 pm »
I vote we spay or neuter him depending on the sex of its characters

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 05:01:38 am »
I vote we spay or neuter him depending on the sex of its characters

DX!!!

* Tenaar Feiri hisses viciously and retreats to the mountains to have more children!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 05:06:18 am by Tenaar Feiri »

Jay Voncloud

• Loverble Mana Currupted fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 03:42:53 am »
Prehaps an event to hunt and neuter bahati could be organised.

Onto a more serious point, something that had crossed my mind is an island wide tournament, using the Area by the Inn, would be done with a ladder and the winners would get some sort of prize. Something along those lines of interest to folk?

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 06:06:03 am »
Sounds good to me! count me in

Jannisia

• View Profile
    • Easton Forums
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 03:52:58 pm »
Tournament sounds amazing, so long as a clear set of rules making sure no-one dies is in place, as well as guards who will intervene if anyone DOES try to kill the opponent.
Xema Guardian, Jannisia Ocelot, and Shaden Opaline.

Husky Dragon

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 06:00:39 pm »
The thing by the inn is really supposed to be more of an auditorium.. Why not the Zenko's arena, when it's been cleaned?

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 06:49:25 pm »
People are welcome to use the city's amphitheater for their events, be it a play, lectures, demonstrations, duels, etc...