Poll

What day is best for the court day? And what time?

Saturday, November 30th
3 (15.8%)
Monday, December 2nd
7 (36.8%)
Time: 1pm SLT
9 (47.4%)
Another time (make a post about it)
0 (0%)
Another date (make a post about it)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: December 01, 2013, 10:19:00 pm

Author Topic: Open Court Day (meet the new rulers!)  (Read 5702 times)

Edhel

• View Profile
Open Court Day (meet the new rulers!)
« on: November 29, 2013, 10:16:55 pm »
So we would like to make one of the city hall meetings / open court days this coming week!

It would be convenient for Edhel and Fangshi to have it done this coming Monday, 2nd of December, 2013, at 1pm SLT. Is that a good time for most or should we schedule it to another time/date?

(Ani is having an event the Sunday before the Monday, so Sunday is out of question. We could do it this Saturday (TOMORROW!), but that's pretty short advance warning about the event. If you guys think Saturday the 30th of November would work though, let us know!)

Edhel

• View Profile
Re: Open Court Day (meet the new rulers!)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 05:58:05 pm »
And here's the summary of what went on in the meeting:
(this information would be available IC in the form of transcripts from the meeting, available at the library, and from word-of-mouth from other people around Lismore)

• Those present were re-assured that no laws or policies will be changed... yet.
  • Lord Athian Hoggard was named Overseer of the Granaries, and is in charge of managing the reconstruction of the farm and the food supplies.
  • Xela was questioned on her loyalty to Lismore and to lord Xian and to the new Valentine lords. In the argument, Phoenix has been declared a separate entity of Lismore (and will be taxed on its imports and exports!)

Log:

[13:04] Xian Fangshi Valentine straightens her dress a little bit. "Well, it's time. Ready to face the music, my love?"
[13:05] Edhel Valentine grins and kisses Fang sweetly, rubbing his muzzle all affectionately on hers, and whispers, "...as ready as I'll ever gonna be, m'love..."
[13:06] Xian Fangshi Valentine kisses Edhel lovingly before she leads on downstairs to take her place on her seat. "Let us go then..."
[13:10] Athian Hoggard enters the room, bowing his head to each member of the ruling pair: "A good day to both of you...Lady Fang, Lord Edhel. A pleasure seeing you today." He takes a look around. "And it looks I made it on time for a change."
[13:12] Edhel Valentine perks his ears seeing Athian enter the room, and he grins teasingly, "I see you wore your formal clothes today. Welcome, lord Athian!"
[13:12] Xian Fangshi Valentine bows her head politely at Athian. "And a good day to you as well, lord Athian. Indeed, welcome!" she greets him. "We will wait a little while to see if more show up, I think."
[13:15] Edhel Valentine nods to Fangshi, and leans in to whisper in one of her ears, deciding to give her the 'bad news' now, "...Mariah of the Temple isn't coming. ....neither is Relina. She sent a messenger earlier, claiming to have 'other matters to attend'. The high priestess simply 'doesn't want to get involved', whatever the heck that means."
[13:15] Athian Hoggard smirks back at Edhel: "You wanted me on my best, I assumed, and nothing less you shall get." He playfully strikes a pose before he goes back to being serious. "Well, I certainly would hope more take an interest in Lismore's politics. And in this opportunity to meet with the it's new rulers." He nods at Fangshi. "But, as you know, change sometimes takes time for the common people to wrap their heads about."
[13:18] Zerah the Reckless lets herself stroll inside as it was a sort of group invitiation to the city. Herself being gone so long, it wouldn't hurt to see who the new heads where.... the news of Xian's passing did hit pretty hard. She liked the guy.... one of the few she actually trusted and even had a decent chat with that didn't involve her drinking till she blacked out. Inside, she takes note of the giant mass of fur and fat..... wondering how the hell a guy like that got in here without any pants? With a shrug though, she just takes a spot in the corner. Nothing to add to the current conversation.
[13:21] Xian Fangshi Valentine glares up a little bit at Edhel then. "Well if neither of them are willing to set aside their time for these important political events, then why are they on the council? Did Lord Xian, may he rest in peace, suffer the same treatment?" she asks him, also in a little whisper. "We will have a talk with them later." Then she turns her attention back to Athian again. "I would have hoped so too. They were very eager to ask their questions and herald their case on the day of the coronation, yet now that we are ready to hear them and they may speak freely without consequence, they are nowhere to be seen..." she comments. "Well, it can't be helped." And she looks at Zerah next, bowing her head politely at the woman as she enters. "Welcome, welcome! We will begin the court very shortly."
[13:27] Edhel Valentine nods a little to Fang and sighs softly, "Yes. Lord Xian dealt with the pointless squabbling and bickering of the other rulers and nobles for years! He couldn't propose an idea without someone being against it merely for reasons of fear of change or simply because they didn't propose the idea themselves first!", and he adds in a lower, more displeased tone, "...I see the need for some re-arranging in our political structures coming pretty soon..."
[13:29] Athian Hoggard looks over to Zerah, glad not to be the only visitor. While waiting for others to show up, the slowly wanders over to one of the chairs and eases his large frame on the soft plush. He sighs - the tavern should take an example from these chairs. That is a seat fit for a lord.
[13:31] Zerah the Reckless raises a brow at the current events.... still not takin it comfortably about the mans passing. Dead or not e was a fine fellow and a good soul.... certainly a very acceptable replacement for Ash before his own sacrafice. True she didn't know the fox, but she seen him single handedly hold the damed balrog at bay before the two was sent off. Not an easy feat.... seeing the stressed demon though, she could assume this new welcoming wasn't all full of heart warming. "Startin soon aye? Guess I can stick about some more before heading down. Been away for a while.... wonder how many heads be turnin."
[13:33] Xian Fangshi Valentine nods softly at Edhel. They'll definitely have to do some restructuring if the other courtmembers can't even be trusted to appear on court dates. Then she looks back to the others in the room. "...Right. If there were more coming, they would have been here by now, so let's start." she then declares. "Edhel, will you kick us off please?"
[13:36] Athian Hoggard looks over to Edhel, listening with genuine interest.
[13:36] Edhel Valentine smirks, and clears his throat, still a bit sore from all the screaming he did the other day... ((unrelated side-plot)), and he turns to Zerah, saying softly, "...might as well get to meet our subjects. I already know lord Athian there... Who might you be, miss?"
[13:41] Zerah the Reckless lightly smiles as she adjusts herself, giving a small bow to the ones asking. Royalty after all, enjoy their formalities..... kinda annoyed her back when she had a throne. "Names Zerah the Reckless. Been in Lismore for many years and seems I just peaked into the third changing of the thrones. Makes me feel bit old, but dats life fer ya aye? Nice to meed you."
[13:43] Xian Fangshi Valentine smiles brightly at Zerah. "Nice to meet you too, miss Zerah." she then replies. "We are glad you could attend."
[13:44] Edhel Valentine nods slightly to Zerah, "...well-met, miss Zerah.... ...the reckless?", and he eyes her curiously, "...Dare I ask why you have such title, or surname?", and he glances her over, noticing her attire, and her unusual fur color, so he asks, "Are you part of the Zenko?", since 'blue people' seem to be invariably in connection of with the Zenko!
[13:45] Athian Hoggard watches the exchange, keeping a mental note of the name of the kitsune.
[13:48] Zerah the Reckless gives a small chuckle as she scratches the back of her head a bit. "Well, funny thing on that. I was Zenko for a time. Made it to Luitenit before the Crutense (Vals group. I can never spell it right.) Was formed and pretty much had to drop out to play mediator to bring back unity to the two groups between them and Phoenix. Joined up with Phoenix soon after... and the name comes from how I handle myself on the field. Despite my limited magics, I make sure I am recalled after a good match. LAst time left me witha  broken back and a near useless arm. PAtched up real good and got the name when I told them I jumped right into a buil up spell ta leave my dagger in the guys chest."
[13:51] Zerahcero: (Wish I kept the logs since he seemed to have came back. XD)
[13:53] Xian Fangshi Valentine scratches her chin a little bit as she listens to the story, although they've been sitting there for near enough an hour beyond the original court time by now just apparently waiting for people, so she smiles and nods at Zerah when she finishes, then gives Edhel an impatient look. Then she turns back to the gathering again. "Interesting story, miss Zerah. Thank you for sharing it with us." she says, before clearing her throat some. "In any case, court is now open and we shall be answering your questions and addressing your concerns as best we can. I believe we can start with lord Athian!"
[13:54] Edhel Valentine nods a little to Zerah as she explains. He had a couple simple questions for Zerah, but Fang suddenly speaks up and interrupts it. Being polite to her, he waits 'till another opportune moment to ask, now turning to Athian, and listening...
[14:01] Athian Hoggard bows it head: "Thank you, Lady Fang. Before recent events I was kinda starting to involve myself in the improvement of the local food supply - I had several exchanges with Prince Xahu back then and also was one of the early observers to the construction of the mushroom farms. Now that he is no longer with us to continue this line of work, I was wondering how you wanted to address the situation. Also I wanted to let you know that I wouldn't be averse to take on the matter myself, if that would please you. As Lord Edhel knows, I am very knowledgeable when it comes to food. And I also want to be the kind of Lord that actually acts to see these lands grow and blossom."
[14:01] Athian Hoggard: *bows his head
[14:03] Zerah the Reckless wouldn't mind to go over another interigation of the events. She been through it before and still recalls the memory pretty vividly. The mark on her arm sure keeps reminding her about it. Still, she looks to the man as it seems food was his dealing here. Not really to surprising, but she keeps comments to herself for the time being. She was in a room full of royals after all it seems.
[14:05] Edhel Valentine nods a little, to Fang, about what Athian says, saying softly to her, "...lord Athian and I had a talk about it, he seems interested into the position of overseer of the food supplies..."
[14:06] Sir Godfrey would step into the hall, passing the Guards quietly without giving them a glance, not considering knocking to begin with as walks in, holdong on his crane when he took a spot next to the seats close to the door, not intending to say anything yet, even tho he would give a slight bow.
[14:10] Sarena wanders in seemingly quite late
[14:11] Xian Fangshi Valentine smiles at Athian as she listens to his troubles, ear twitching in Edhel's direction as he brings her up to date on the matter. "I see. Well this is very fortunate then. Word has reached my ears of the Temple's misfortune with their food supplies, and I can assure you that we are doing everything we can to remedy their predicament." she says at first then. "The mushroom project will continue as planned, and we wish to pool resources into a food fund for the Temple with which they may restock their supplies until such a time that we can restore the wildlife on their isles. I will take into account your desire to aid in overseeing the process and get back to you when I have made my decision."
[14:12] Athian Hoggard bows his head again: "Thank you, Lady Fang. I am looking forward to hear back from you about this."
[14:14] Edhel Valentine perks his ears as two more people come into the hall, and he grins, being intentionally pleasant, "Ah, two more of our loyal subjects. Welcome!", greeting the... strange creature, and the skunk. He then turns to Zerah again, and asks her softly, "...so you are from Phoenix?"
[14:16] Zerah the Reckless blinks in curiousity now... the temple is full of druids and healers last she recalled... a food shortage is next to unheard of. Something must really be off the rocker since she was last here... Seeing the two enter, she gives a small nod to them before turing to the one adressing her. "Aye I am. LAst I recall I still hold my blade for Lady Xela."
[14:17] Sarena couldn't help but smile a little "So I can just sit anywhere. Seems I'm still in time for interesting things" she couldn't think of herself as loyal to anyone. not unless they've given her a lot of gold
[14:20] Sir Godfrey would nod friendly towards Edhel but once again kept his mouth shut as it was not his turn to talk. He was mostly here to listen anyway... and was curious on what the new rulers had to say. Bad enough he had come in late. He would lightly set his tie straight, pulling it into a more comfortable yet orderly position while he eyed Athian, then Zerah with curious eyes. Especially the latter, wondering the reason for her being here. After all he knew her a little, even if she maybe didn't recall...
[14:22] Xian Fangshi Valentine smiles at Athian. "Of course. Are there any other matters you would like to discuss?" she asks him, before greeting the rest of them. "And greetings, welcome!"
[14:23] Edhel Valentine motions to the empty chairs and smiles to Sarena, "...sit on a chair, on the floor, whichever you prefer.", and he turns to Zerah again, and says perhaps a little sharply, not happy that Xela also didn't show up, "...so you're our official representative of Phoenix here, since your lady didn't dignify us with an appearance. Is she still mourning her husband?"
[14:25] Sarena does just that, moving to sit, adjusting her huge sword so it didn't get too uncomfortable "So you guys are the new rulers huh? How come you were chosen for that and no one else?" genuinely just curious about that. She was just a merc, or at least that's how she tried to appear
[14:26] Zerah the Reckless blinks a bit as she was quick to being labeled as an offical. "Hazel died to? Well ta say now, I dun have much fondness of the resident boogy man muhself, but didn't know till ya told me. I just got back and spotted the notice about the meeting. Only came out of curiousity and ta see how thngs are since I left.... been gone to long." Sadly some faces would allude her.... lot of drinking on those boats and a few blows to the head would do that.
[14:27] Athian Hoggard (Athian Hoggard) OOC: Someday I am going to strangle Firestorm. Sorry, I missed a few responses in the main chat. Writing responses now.
[14:30] Edhel Valentine arches a brow and looks a little odd to Zerah, and he chuckles lightly, and fills her in... and anyone else who's not up-to-date with the situation, "...yes. Hazel the necromancer died. He fell, after inciting a fight with his bastard son Yamanu, in the Temple grounds. The purple rabbit Radem defended Yamanu, and Hazel tumbled off the edge of the island, and fell to his death! Xela has been known to be mourning him for months! .....or at least that's the picture she painted, though I suspect this being Xela, her way of mourning wasn't exactly solemn.". He lets Fang address Sarena's question...
[14:38] Athian Hoggard ponders for a moment before addressing Fangshi: "Well, I already talked with Lord Edhel about having some event to properly mourn the recently deceased, so that the people will get some closure. He assured me that something is already in the works, so to speak. But it occurred to me, that afterwards it would be a wise choice to have things planned that will lift the spirits, bring back the cheer. So I was wondering if you perhaps wanted to go ahead with plans to have some sort of Winter Festival. It could be in part to celebrate Lismore's strong and proud stance even against the harsher elements as well as an opportunity to acknowledge the new chapter of Lismorean history that will undoubtedly be marked with you ascending the throne."
[14:41] Xian Fangshi Valentine looks at Sarena then. "Yes indeed we are. And we have always been very close with the Fu Sheng family, besides being nobility and when the tragedy struck, lady Dru wished to leave so she could sort herself out, and Xahu went with her. 'Tis a well known fact that prince Xahu never wished to rule, and he took this opportunity to absolve himself so he could be with his mother through these difficult times. We were appointed to lead the city of Lismore, out of mutual trust in our desire to see our great nation blossom into a great and prosperous one."
[14:42] Ike Harem walks into the meeting place dressed in formal attire even though he has a bandage around his muzzle
[14:43] Edhel Valentine does give 'Godfrey' there a glance, since he's been quiet all this time, but then turns to Ike as he enters the hall, and the foxramau grins, "Ah, Ike Harem. How nice of you to join us!"
[14:44] Xian Fangshi Valentine then turns to Athian & shakes her head. "We have no intention to put a halt on the plans for a winter festival. We shall proceed with those arrangements as planned, I should hope, but we will most certainly hold a memorial for lord Xian before then. We will make the announcements as soon as we are ready to set dates and times." She then looks up at Ike who appears & smiles at him. "Welcome!"
[14:44] Zerah the Reckless blinks a bit as she scratches her hea a bit. "Ah swear we should have guard rails set up around the islands. Not everyone can fly and it seems neither could Hazel. Still, no love lost between myself and him... but Xela, ah need to find after this. If anything she is half buried in ale bottles in her room again.... I remember her laster depression." Looking to see Ike, she blinks and smirks. "My my how ya grown."
[14:46] Edhel Valentine says softly to Athian, "...a festival would be an excellent idea, lord Athian. And I'm sure you with your expertise on food and such, it will be a feast worthy of remembrance!"
[14:47] Sarena looks interested at what Fang says "So I see...interesting....well so long as I can earn coin I couldn't care who's in charge"

Edhel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 05:58:30 pm »
[14:47] Sir Godfrey would listen to Athian and - while that probably got lost for most - push his glasses closer to his face in a particular moment of when he spoke about his plants, as a few... ideas sparked in his mind. Nothing he would share though. For a reason. Godfrey would open his eyes again then after he had held them closed behind his glasses. He would wait a moment. till the questions asked had been answered, before he would make a step forward with his crane. "My name is Godfrey... Oscar Godfrey, since i see it is just polite to introduce myself, and as you may... or may not know, considering how much you follow the quarter-masters books from the last couple of years, i call myself a trader... and i have been visiting this island since... a couple of years. The... uplift, or what ever you may call this... event you had there made me focus on other matters, but now that i am here, i intent to start business again... However..." He paused for a moment, clearing his throat. "...the change in leadership makes me wond
[14:47] Sir Godfrey if you intent any changes on the policy the city held, if you are... changing the cities views on slave-trade, on the general laws and fees of the trade. Do you have any plans for these matters as to now, that could affect my intention to refresh my relationships if your fine island?" His voice was friendly, even when yet a little... smug... but that probably came with no ill intent or opinion.
[14:48] Ike Harem smiles as he sees Zerah and gives a formal bow "Oui. It has been a long time madame Zerah. Good to see you" then to Edhel and Fang "Likewise"
[14:50] Athian Hoggard nods his head in greeting at Ike, but quickly returns his attention on the Valentines and the exchanges they have with other guests. At Lord Edhel's remark he laughs: "Trust me, should I  be in a position responsible for the culinary delights by then, I will make sure to have every guest well fed. They will praise the food even in our neighboring kingdoms."
[14:52] Edhel Valentine perks his ears as Godfrey speaks, and he simply smiles to the man, saying softly, "...we have no plans to change any of the previous policies as of yet. Is there anything specific that you are concerned about, mister Oscar Godfrey?". He then looks to Athian again, and gives Fang a glance, saying in the official tone of a leader enacting a decree, "...unless my sister has any objections, I say we shall then create you Lord Athian Hoggard, Overseer of the Granaries!". Sarena's 'coin' matter has to wait a bit.
[14:53] Zerah the Reckless smiles a tad as it seems not all is bad in Lismore.... place was looking more and more depressing before letting out a soft sigh. "Swear I shouldn't ave left. Much changed..... lot more forgotten meh thinks. Hows ya sister and the rest of ya kin? Not sure if my letters ever made it through." She really had no official business here other then being nosey.
[14:54] Ike Harem would have to be the bearer of bad news "Ehm monsieur Edhel.... About ze granary......"
[14:54] Ixen Radikal: who is the last question directed to Zerah?
[14:54] Zerahcero: (Ike)
[14:55] Zerahcero: (X3 she really just here to listen in....)
[14:56] Xian Fangshi Valentine listens to Godfrey's questions about the trade policies and then she nods when Edhel replies to them. She does add though... "We may yet take a look at the slave trade laws some day in the future to better accommodate our city and visiting slavers, but this is a big 'may'. It remains to see what is deemed beneficial for the town or not." she comments. And then she also nods at Sarena. "And yes I expect you shall find plenty of opportunity for coin here." Then she looks at Edhel as he enacts his decree about Athian & though she does have some concerns herself, it's nothing that can't be addressed later so she agrees. "No objections. It is done." And THEN she turns to Ike, tilting her head a little bit to the side. What's with the granary, she muses?
[14:58] Edhel Valentine is pretty sure he knows what Ike is going to say. He already inspected the wreckage!
[14:58] Sir Godfrey would shake his head lightly. "To be fair, i trade many things. If your policies will not change, mine will neither... I may add offering loads of Fish to the selling-list of my representatives however." he would chuckle lightly. "Good, if this is the case, Lady Valentine, i will wait patiently to see what your change in this matter may bring." Godfrey would look to Ike for a moment then, and tilted his head forward lightly, listening in closely waiting for something particular to be said... but he actually hoped he would not hear it.
[15:01] Ike Harem also walks over to stand by Zerah and speaks to her "Ma jumelle has changed so much. My family is well overall"  then answers "Ze granary was attacked yesterday..... You are giving a position in charge of a severely damaged building"
[15:07] Edhel Valentine turns to Fang, and asks her softly, "...sis, what changes would we make to slavery policies?", knowing that the subject is extremely polarizing and source of endless debates and fights. He then turns to Ike, and nods to him, saying softly, "...I have already assessed the damage on the building. It will be repaired, never fear! ...you of the Zenko should know all about the repairability of buildings...", implying the Zenko blows up quite often and they have to re-build!
[15:08] Athian Hoggard smiles at the royal decree: "Thank you very much, I am honored with my new duties. I will make sure to work to that end that you soon see your trust in me well placed." He turns to address Ike: "Well, the position is named after the building that stores our food supply, but it goes beyond being a housekeeper. And we have already seen the damages. As we speak Radem will have the food transported to temporary storage locations throughout the town. After that, work will start on a new building." He turns to Edhel: "Would you like for me to supervise the construction as part of my new duties, Lord Edhel?"
[15:11] Ash Hammerthall: ((If Athian supervises, I'm gonna have to build a thing like this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bydgoszcz_Spichrze.jpg ;) ))
[15:11] Ixen Radikal: :o
[15:12] Gilliana Parx: ((Do it. But very tiny. The three bags of grain fit in a puppethouse as well. <..<))
[15:12] Athian Hoggard: ((Oh, yes, thousend times yes please))
[15:12] Athian Hoggard: ((And no, no puppet homes, Lili))
[15:13] Xela steps inot the building quietly, giving the guards a nod as she does. once inside she'd move to stand by the door, leaning lightly on the wall and folding her arms as she prepares to listens
[15:13] Xian Fangshi Valentine looks up at Edhel.  "If such a time comes that we deem a change in slavery policies be needed, we'll discuss it then. For the moment it seems to be running more or less smoothly, but we may yet be able to refine the laws so that more people will be comfortable with it." she says. Then she turns back to the rest of the crowd again, nodding at Godfrey. "We'll keep you informed if there are any changes." And she'd nod at Ike as well. "We are aware of the unfortunate attack on our granary and we'll see it repaired. And while we're on the subject... We also recognize that the threat has found a breach in our portal, and we are working diligently to handle it and ensure that the people of Lismore remain safe. These evildoers will no longer be allowed to ravage our nation like they have so many times before. They will be stopped."
[15:17] Edhel Valentine nods to Athian, grinning a bit. He is of course hoping that putting the big wolf in charge of the ruined building will not only spur his interest into having it re-built as quickly as possible, but that Athian will spend some of his own money on the project, "...yes lord Athian, put together a proposal for the new building and everything and we will get work started as soon as possible!", and he says softly to Fang, "...the slavery matter is a troubled one. I don't think it should even be brought up, people fear changes either way. Those who are pro slavery fear it will be abolished, and those who are against it fear it will be fortified or in their view, 'made worse'. If word gets out that 'slavery was discussed in court', we will see fluctuations in the market as merchants react to the uncertainty and fear of changes."
[15:19] Ike Harem seemed pleased with Edhel's response "I see. My grandmama is busy with Zenko repairs as it was damaged in ze attack" then at the last part he pauses and looks to the portrait of Lismore on the wall "un bon suvenir......"
[15:23] Edhel Valentine perks his ears to what Ike says, and he will never waste an opportunity to diminish his predecessors a bit. One in specific..., "...the tapestries? ...Those were commissioned by lord Xian... before his demise. Much against lady Dru's wishes, she was always stingy about ...luxury items.", and he notices Xela there now and grins, "Ah, Xela of Phoenix. How nice of you to come up to the surface and join us!"
[15:26] Zerah the Reckless doesn't seem to be much focused right now. Crtainly a lot to take in and lightly sighs, scratching her head somwhat as she works on setting things where it should.
[15:29] Athian Hoggard nods his head at Xela: "Greetings." Then his attention returns to Edhel and he promises: "As soon as I manage to talk with the local craftsman about our possibilities you will have a proper proposal on your desk, Lord Edhel." Listening to the talk his attention soon is directed at the tapestries. Those are luxury with a purpose: Items that will tell the tale of these lands to future generations. He sees no reason why someone would have a problem with them - other perhaps individual preferences of the art style itself.
[15:29] Xela looks about and keeps quiet as she listens, before focusing on Edhel and smiling, "I figured I should, since I had heard not word, not even a letter from you two" she replies, "Well.. just second hand words really.."
[15:31] Ike Harem narrows his eyes at Edhel when he hears the response "Un bon souvenir is a fond memory in French, one thing I have known Dru to keep close"
[15:32] Ixen Radikal: ((or a good memory if you want a plain translation))
[15:32] Xian Fangshi Valentine looks up at Xela too as she notices her. "Yes, welcome to court Xela! Please forgive the lack of communication, we have been very busy and it must have vanished under the workload." she greets. And then she looks up at Edhel. "Well everyone knows we employed slaves in our house, and still do, so I wouldn't worry too much about that." she'd add to him in a whisper, before speaking up again. "Are there any more matters that need be discussed, or questions that need answering?"
[15:35] Edhel Valentine fixes his eyes on Ike now, and says with a tiny, tiny bit of spite, "...I remember lord Xian threatened to throw me in jail for speaking in a foreign language in his presence...", but then he cheers up, grinning, "...but fear not! Speak in whatever language you choose, and if we can't understand you, expect to be asked to please translate.". And to Zeela, he arches a brow, "...they were open invitations. I'm suuuure some messenger would have delivered them to you! Your daughter was here for our coronation and requested audiences afterwards even..."
[15:39] Xela nods a couple of times, "Not a problem, I'm sure you've got much to sort out with this new position!" she comments to Fang before nodding, "I was wondering, where I'd be able to find Dru to offer my condolences to.. and to pay my respects to our loved ruler" she replies. She'd then look to Edhel, "My apologies.. my time has been taken up lately with mourning.. Xian and I were close friends.. and I await news on when his funeral will be" she explains with a sad sigh, "I must have missed the news sadly"
[15:41] Ike Harem tried to think of any questions, but he was just here to report about the granary "Of course. I will be happy to translate"
[15:43] Edhel Valentine nods to those leaving, and then he turns to Xela again, eyeing her clearly with something in mind, "...so, miss Xela... I remember last time we were together in a meeting, you pretty much spat all over your 'close friend's face' when he asked you to support him in his idea for unification of Lismore... What do you say we re-visit that matter, hum?"
[15:46] Xian Fangshi Valentine smiles again at Xela. "I'm afraid lady Dru is no longer on these islands, nor is her son. They have both departed, but we may help you send a message to them if you wish." she says. And then she leaves Edhel to his business with the woman.
[15:48] Ash Hammerthall: ((and let me just remind people that the Valentines are supposed to be disliked! If we start making some crazy rules, we the players haven't gone off our hinges, we're playing tyranic rulers! Don't freak out, play along!))
[15:48] Athian Hoggard leans over and whispers to Xela: "Lord Edhel mentioned that there will be some event to allow for proper mourning, soon. I don't know about the burial, though. I heard Lady Dru took the corpse of her husband with her."
[15:49] Xian Fangshi Valentine (Anippe Resident) OOC: What Edhel said!
[15:49] Ash Hammerthall: ((...because the crazy rules are about to come in en force! ;) ))
[15:49] Xela perks an ear and tilts her head at Edhel's comment, before she smiles and shakes her head, "Oh no, you missunderstood. I just did not like the idea of someone having absolute power over everything in Lismore and wanted to work out the finer details. Something that with hindsight is probably for the best... given how suddenly power has shifted" she comments, "And I think it is of poor judgement to ask for such decisions to be revisited so soon after this tragic news.."
[15:51] Xian Fangshi Valentine would add to Xela: "We are willing to be more accommodating to your wishes, however. I urge you to reconsider the notion; it would be best to establish a clear and concise hierarchy as soon as possible to ensure stability in Lismore."

Edhel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 05:59:52 pm »
[15:52] Ike Harem folds his arms "I zink what we had with all ze leaders of each faction checked eachother"
[15:52] Ike Harem says, "was good" *adding in*"
[15:53] Edhel Valentine speaks up, "It was lord Xian's goal to unify the lands! I don't see it as poor judgment, his vision was not flawed, those whose opinions he consulted were short-sighted! ...besides, you have been calling yourself a 'queen' for countless years, yet there's never been official recognition of your title. You have suffered demons and undead and mercenaries in your domain, doing left and right whatever they chose to do. Your position is delicate, Xela... Why did you not take lord Xian's proposal?"
[15:56] Xian Fangshi Valentine looks up at Ike then. "It is clearly not. Where is Mariah? She abandoned this open court day on account of not wanting to get involved with these matters. She clearly does not, and never did care about Lismore, otherwise she would have come here when we called for her. And Relina had other matters to attend to that are more important than attending the open court and address the people's issues." She'd gesture to the empty chair. "These two open spaces are the result of the system that you advocate. It frustrates me to see that Edhel and I seem to be the only ones of the council right now, that care about Lismore's future."
[15:57] Xela frowns and taps her foot lightly on the ground at Edhel's words, focusing on him for a few moments before she sighs, "It was Xian's goal, and I believed in him. I was waiting patiently for him to re-approch me on the matter so we could work something out. And what I call myself does not matter, if it holds no weight. A noble could call themself a king if they really want in their own realm, no laws against that" she then chuckles softly, "..the irony of your comment there aside, if Xian had asked me such, I'd have gladly worked something out. But at the moment I'm afraid I must firmly decline. Trust must be build up first between us as leaders.. and so far all I have heard is slander. So for now.. how about we work on improving this relationship?" she requests with a smile
[15:59] Ike Harem sighs a bit "She has her reasons. She needs to keep le Zenko togezer in zese times.."
[16:02] Athian Hoggard nods his head: "It is sad to see empty chairs. Attending court is a noble duty. You don't always like it, you don't always care about everyone present or every topic that will be discussed. But you will be there as the voice for the lands and the people under your control. Besides, a good kingdom always relies on the nobility taking active part in shaping the future. I very much hope current issues with the council can be resolved."
[16:03] Edhel Valentine says softly, but coldly to Xela, "Trust goes both ways and as far as we know, we can not trust you! You already did fly in the face of lord Xian and he was patient with you! We will not tolerate your childish attitude! For too long you got away with doing whatever you wanted, miss Xela. You harbored necromancers and criminals alike. ...you yourself is, by lord Xian's rule, an illegal creation. Unnatural! Show your new rulers that we can trust you! Phoenix will be part of Lismore, it will be annexed to the Empire! Your titles will be spelled out properly, because trust me, they matter, miss Xela, and you will be made see such if you choose to disregard this last appeal to realize lord Xian's grand vision!"
[16:06] Xian Fangshi Valentine nods at Ike, seemingly content with that response, and then she offers Athian a smile, quite happy to see that he agrees! Then she turns back to Xela, gaging her reaction. She has an announcement to make, depending on how the woman reacts to Edhel now.
[16:12] Xela shakes her head slowly to Edhel, "Of course you can trust me, but it is too soon to reapproch the matter of declaring you two emperors. At the moment Lismore needs to settle, you need to get control of matters at hand to prevent any more destruction on your watch. And I'd like to think I'm handling things fine.. where as both of you were arrested in recent years for matters such as assault and attempted murder. I have also heard rumour of many arguments between you and Xian." she replies before unfolding her arms, "Your words carry a tone of threat too that does not portray respect and trust I hope to forge." she'd then look about, tensing up very slightly in preperation for their reply, getting a feeling one of them was going to have a go at her or start throwing greater threats in response.
[16:13] Ike Harem facepaws as he could tell this isnt going to go so well, but he remains quiet
[16:18] Athian Hoggard shares an alarmed look with Ike, then glances to gauge the reaction of Edhel and Fangshi.
[16:20] Xian Fangshi Valentine rises slowly up from her seat then, this being serious business and all. "The matter is being controlled, miss Xela, and while we have not always been on the white side of things, this is not the time and place to compare who is the bigger or lesser criminal." she then says, making sure to throw Edhel a glance as if to ask him to drop that subject as well. Then back to Xela again. "We know that you strive for Phoenix to be an independent faction, and for ownership of the caves that it is currently located in so that it may remain so. Therefore, I am willing to not only acknowledge your title as queen, but as a gesture of good will & trust, and to further encourage the independent rule of the faction, I will declare the caves, all the way up to the top of the stairs leading to the tunnels, to be no longer a part of Lismore, but a land - a country belonging to the Phoenix. Led by miss Xela, who may assume the title of queen if she wishes, with all the political power it grants her. No strings attached. All
[16:20] Xian Fangshi Valentine need to do, miss Xela, is accept, and you will have the beginnings of your own kingdom with which to do as you please."
[16:25] Xela hmms softly at the reply and would consider it, lightly tapping her foot as she considers, "Last I checked, Phoenix had already been declared independent.. but I will double check my deeds and decrees" she replies, before smiling and stepping forwards into the room, "I think we should book a date in the future to plan exactly how this will work.. maybe in a month or two?" (next weekend, or weekend after?) She would then hold out a paw, "My apologies for my words, I can see you two do strive for the betterment of Lismore over personal feelings. I look forward to sorting it out properly after the funeral"
[16:28] Edhel Valentine would now take a seat, as Fang stands, but not on her chair. He glances back to gaze upon the Tirrenelda' banner, and smirks a little, making a mental note to have these removed later! ...which then gets him to turn to Ike as Xela now deals with Fang, and he says softly, as if not to disturb the other matter going on in the room, "...I seem to remember Relina wasn't pleased with lord Xian's grand idea either, wasn't she? What's your stance on it, mister Ike?"
[16:29] Gold Inlaid Chair whispers: Touch me to change poses.
[16:31] Ike Harem walks closer to Edhel and comments "She wasnt pleased because of ze idea of empire. A nation need not be an empire"
[16:32] Xian Fangshi Valentine nods at Xela. "Phoenix was already an independent faction, but you do not legally own the caves. In this way, I hope we can reach an agreement of mutual satisfaction that renders you not only the owner of that cave, but the cave a nation of its own. I expect it will be more than sufficient to accommodate your needs." she says, holding out her paw as well to shake on it. "And I hope you and I can continue to maintain a healthy and prosperous friendship for the future, miss Xela. We will send you a letter with a time & date to work out the details as soon as possible." She lets Edhel handle Ike for the moment.
[16:34] Xela smiles and nods, "Hmm, sounds agreeable to me. We can get it all written up in due course" she replies, returning the paw shake firmly, "Now that is sorted.. may I please take my leave? After all that.. I need a good pint at Phoenix I think.."
[16:35] MoonSong Darkstone is online.
[16:37] Edhel Valentine says a little louder now to include the others present, since Xela and Xian seem to have concluded 'negotiations', "...the idea of empire? Relina feared the 'violent' connotation some people give to the concept of an 'empire'. An empire is not necessarily a warring juggernaut nation! Empires are formed when multiple peoples are brought together under one organized rule!"
[16:39] Xian Fangshi Valentine nods and lets go of Xela's paw after the shake. "Sounds good. Yes, you may be excused. Enjoy the rest of the day." And then she turns to Athian. "And if there are no more issues to discuss, then the open court is finished!"
[16:40] Xela smiles at that and nods before she moves to the door, stopping to address all present, "Have a good day everyone, keep safe~" she comments before moving to leave
[16:42] Athian Hoggard bows his head at Lady Fang: "For the moment I like to focus on the new duties at hand and all the possibilities arising from that. Thank you." Looking over to Edhel he smiles: "It is up to you to fill the word 'empire' with new meaning for Lismore. I trust you will be able to paint your vision in that way that will make people understand." He then nods at Xela: "Goodbye and save travels."
[16:45] Ike Harem didnt have much to add so he gives a formal bow "I have nozing to add. Au revour" then to Xela he waves "Good to see you again madame"
[16:47] Edhel Valentine stands up, and moves closer to Ike, clearly not done with him yet, asking him insistently, "...you never told me what /you/ think of the idea..."
[16:51] Ike Harem tilts his head when he was stopped "Well... When it comes to power and rule I do prefer somezing where ze people involved can weigh in and check power"
[16:53] Edhel Valentine grins to Ike, asking simply, "Is that how it is at the Zenko? Does Relina rule by the consent and by the will of those under her? Does she seek council with them for all matters that require ruling?", and he would turn to Athian, and say softly to him, "...if you have other matters to attend, lord Athian, ...this may take all night.", and he winks playfully, referring to the argument with Ike.
[16:55] Xian Fangshi Valentine nod-nods at Athian. "Excellent. Thank you for attending." she replies to him. "I shall retreat to my quarters... Edhel, will you handle the rest from here?"
[16:55] Edhel Valentine was subtly dismissing Athian, in case it was... too subtle to get in the post.  ;)
[16:56] Athian Hoggard (Athian Hoggard) OOC: Nah, I got it, don't you worry
[16:58] Athian Hoggard wishes Lady Fang a good night, now that she is retiring. He also nods his head in understanding at Lord Edhel. "It was my pleasure being here today. Goodnight and I will make sure that my proposal will be delivered to the palace tower soon." He struggles back to his feet and slowly wanders to the door, leaving.

The transcript ends there.
What nobody knows is that Ike stayed behind to discuss things with the Valentines............ and was subdued and captured and is now their hostage to be used to make Relina bow to their wishes. But nobody knows that IC!  ;)