Author Topic: Transcript of Xian Fangshi Valentine's Coronation Speech  (Read 5329 times)

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Transcript of Xian Fangshi Valentine's Coronation Speech
« on: November 28, 2013, 05:27:36 pm »
<This is a transcript of Xian Fangshi's Valentine's speech during her coronation on day 110, year 3 of the Fourth Age.>

People of Lismore,
It is with both exhilarating joy & great sadness that I stand before you on this day and speak. For today marks a significant day in our nation's -- our empire's history, yet a significant day born of great tragedy.
Our dearly beloved lord of the lands -- emperor, had he finished his work before this event -- has tragically passed away. It has been known to some that the Lord has had trouble with his heart in recent days, and two days ago it simply ceased to beat. Attempts at revival sadly proved fruitless. Though we as a people shall mourn his passing, let us not forget that the world moves on. The passing of Lord Xian Fu Sheng brings about a new era for us, the people of Lismore, an era that shall not only continue to bring about the peace and prosperity we hold so dear in Lismore for many years to come, but shall also see us grow and expand as a nation and empire.

That is why, on this day of profound change, I stand humbly before you to announce that the Fu Shengs have stepped down from their positions as Lord and Lady of Lismore. I, Xian Fangshi Valentine, & Edhel Valentine, have thus been selected to take their place as your new Lady & Lord of the land.

What will the future hold for us? I cannot give you a good answer. But we shall strive to uphold our nation's values and that of its previous leaders, to keep our land a sanctuary for all people, a place of peace and prosperity. To uphold and protect all that makes Lismore a great and wonderful place to live in.
Many of you may be aware of a great deal of controversies surrounding me and my family. Many may even remember when we were struck down for the longest time, struggling to keep ourselves afloat. But as written in our history, we rose back up to prosperity through willpower alone when all else stood against us. And this willpower, this force to rise against all opposition, we shall take to Lismore as a whole, as our predecessors did before. No enemy of our people, no threat to our society shall be allowed to oppose our nation. Like always, we as a people shall persevere no matter the hardships that befall us. For we are Lismore, and we are a proud and strong nation, one that shall not fall to those that would see it fallen!

I know some of you may have concerns, or are frightened even by these changes, but Lismore will carry on as it always have, stoic, with its back straight and with joy & pride. Your lives will carry on as they always have, and you shall live well knowing that you are under the protection of the Valentine family.

We shall not disappoint you.