Author Topic: Your character, their life, and their ambitions.  (Read 6098 times)

Lou

• View Profile
Your character, their life, and their ambitions.
« on: June 09, 2013, 08:04:15 pm »
Wooo-hooo, first actual thread started on the forums!

So, this is something I've actually been pondering lately. Since the RP has been forcefully changed to its new location, and the IC reason given behind it, I've felt at a huge loss as to what to do to get myself interested in RPing in Lismore more actively. I haven't shown up frequently at all recently because I didn't know what to do - there are no major plots going on and I have a very tough time with wanting to carry out(or take part in other's) personal plots. Though for the past couple of days, I've been going through some thoughts in my head about my characters and my part in Lismore, and it's risen some questions, which I'll pose to everyone.

What are my character's immediate desires, their long-term goals, and their final ambitions?

There are clear differences between all of these. An immediate desire would be to defend one's family, or to study a particular art or language. A long-term goal would be, for example, to set up a shop, or make a living from a known and well practiced trade like smithing or pottery. Final ambition would be what I'd define as the one thing that would give the character complete peace with their life. The one thing that would make them truly say, "now I can die happy".

When thinking about these questions, I realized that many of my characters have many immediate desires, but few well-defined long term plans, and even fewer final ambitions, and when I started  to think about all of this, it's re-ignited some of my spark to RP again, with my characters having well defined goals and things to strive for.

So what's this thread for? Well, for anyone wanting to post their opinion, but also to - if anyone wants, of course - share their own character's ambitions. I will for mine.

Louise  
Immediate desires: To help secure what's left of the city/island using her connections to weed out threats that may still be around.

Long-term plans: Establish a web of contacts that will reliably keep her up to date with events in and outside of the city/island so she can be quickly react to new occurrences.

Final ambitions: Legally own a home to live with someone she cares for, without worrying about anything past "what to cook tonight".

Daniel
Immediate desires: Work as best he can, work as hard as he can for his owner, protect his owner at all costs.

Long-term plans: Discover what the Hell those weird dreams and flashes in his head mean and why he keeps getting them more and more vividly.

Final Ambitions: To depart from the living with the knowledge that he has squeezed every ounce of strength from his body to do everything he can for others.

Vim
Immediate desires: Get a steady supply of vodka and then find a way to work with the Zenko to investigate magical matters.

Long-term plans: One, to investigate the old events of the "Mana Vortex" and what kind of magic is keeping the city in its current state. Two, to explore the limits of Tass and Magic, elemental or not, particularly with the more magic-attuned creatures. Three, investigate the limits and potential applications for "forbidden" schools of magic and their practical uses.
Four, discover how to get drunk without a hangover.

Final ambitions: Obtain omniscience.

Marianna
Immediate Desires: Ensure the city is protected from potential threats both inside and outside and make sure people, particularly those close to her, are staying on the road of virtue.

Long-term plans: Attempt to convince the city to implement more strict control laws to cut down crime rates, particularly to restrict the possibility of civilians of the "unholy" persuasion from becoming out of control.

Final ambitions: To "pave the road" for a better world, one hinging on justice and control of oneself and others, one city at a time.

Nadya
Immediate desires: Slowly develop her magical abilities while laying her already well-practiced skills to their fullest use, to aid the city in recovery to normality.

Long-term plans: Secure a good, stable, healthy life for her and the people she's quickly becoming closer to.

Final ambitions: Go through with the desires of her late mate to obtain the state of "perfect enlightenment", whatever that might mean.

Leonardo
Immediate desires: One, experiment with a bunch of worldly pleasures. Two, hone and sharpen his own skills with archery and in particular, trapping. Three, learn how to catch, tame and train his own snake.

Long-term plans: Familiarize himself with nature and to prove himself to be a natural predator on the top of the food chain.

Final ambitions: Open other people's eyes to the beautiful reality of complete and total freedom, freedom from social dependencies and materialistic needs and greed.

Edits done were only typo corrections, sorry guys I typed this up at 4 in the morning.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 08:10:23 pm by Lou »
Too many characters to list.

Hyper weapon.

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Your character, their life, and their ambitions.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 04:50:39 am »
ooOOOOhhh, let's see!

Xian Fangshi Valentine

Immediate desires: To reacquire her powers & wealth.

Long-term plans: To acquire financial superiority of Lismore by replacing services with cheaper & more cost-efficient alternatives. (Such as heating, & other things - monopolizing stuff).

Final ambitions: To be recognized as a woman of power and wealth, & not a little girl who can be trifled with. Also, to gain so much financial superiority in a place that she can control the economy.

Amy Harem

Immediate desires: Must...not...steal...shiny! And to beat her siblings at everything they do & be the best at everything!

Long-term plans: Figuring out what her long-term plans are.

Final ambitions: Successfully steal something valuable from the palace to prove that she can, then get married & live the rest of her life a law-abiding citizen!

Lyera Harem (The dragoncat)

Immediate desires: To marry, and start a family with Shyama. And hoard everything she can hoard.

Long-term plans: Learn everything, & join the Zenko!

Final ambitions: Live a long & happy life, studying everything there is to study in the world.

Amelie Rousseau Harem

Immediate desires: Dealing with her conditions, staying alive, tending to the family & her garden.

Long-term plans: Create a beautiful garden

Final ambitions: Live out the rest of her retired days in peace as a kind-of housewife.

Roku Valentine

Immediate desires: Appeasing his mother. Oh, and sex!

Long-term plans: Teaching the feral vulpines he sired to be more person-like so that they may get better along with his family.

Final ambitions: Not dying alone.

River Lanterns

Immediate desires: To be close to Jack, and to build things!

Long-term plans: Pioneering something technological.

Final ambitions: To become a recognized engineer worldwide, & see her creations in frequent use! To leave her mark on the world.

Valda Blacke

Immediate desires: To have a child with Bast. Figuring out how to have a child with someone who apparently doesn't conceive very well.

Long-term plans: Re-acquire her physical strength, without which she feels weaker than ever before.

Final ambitions: To die and not be brought back to life again. Preferably in glorious battle!

Got more characters too, but I don't give up everything on the first date! ...unless I'm playing Amy, but that's a completely different and slightly inappropriate story.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 04:52:27 am by Tenaar Feiri »

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 05:30:54 am »
Xela
Immediate desires: To get Phoenix active again

Long-term plans: To ensure Collie cannot threaten Lismore or her family.

Final Ambitions: To be remembered in history as the greatest thief, and to leave behind a tomb that will prove a motivation and challange to Rogues and Adventurers for countless generations to come.

Zeela
Immediate desires: To prove to herself what she wants from love, to remove doubt on the subject.

Long-term plans: To get her father to accept her for how she is, so he does not feel the need to make changes to her life.

Final Ambitions: To become the Queen of Lismore and to bring Lismore into a golden new age of growth and power.

Derrin
Immediate desires: There is a woman there. He wants to tap that.

Long-term plans: To fully embrace Pelor's teachings so he can fight along side Marianna for the protection of those who deserve it.

Final Ambitions: To atone for his sins, get away from his life of debauchery and to life his life to its fullest for his family.

Husky Dragon

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 07:32:43 am »
Chaplain
Immediate desires: Lead the safety of the temple on a day-to-day basis.

Long-term plans: Train the tribe's scout force to be an elite and highly cooperative team of defenders, with the help of his officers.

Final Ambitions: To die having defended the tribe from every perceivable threat it faces in his lifetime, and to leave behind a suitable replacement who can protect the temple and it's visitors even better than he has.

Abbadon
Immediate desires: Keep the damn library organized!

Long-term plans: Build comprehensive lists of information concerning the sky dimension's flora, fauna and local substances and materials.

Final Ambitions: Gain as much knowledge as he possibly can in his lifetime, and make most of it readily available to anyone willing to learn, and leave a library with the contents behind as his legacy.

I like this as a thread concept! I have lots more characters, and i can add more on request, or just when I feel up to it.

Lili

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 06:21:29 pm »
Andrea
Immediate desires: One, getting used to this new-new-Lismore and the very awkward situation the city and herself are in right now. Two, finding her mistress(es) and the others again that had left Lismore long before the battle.

Long-term plans: First and most important; Getting control over her abilities to change her scale color fitting to her surroundings again. Second; Using her tiny bit of talent with Daggers to develop basic skills to defend herself. Third: Getting rid of what her former owners trained her to do, feel and be.  Fourth: Teachin Daniel how to read...

Final ambitions: Becoming an independent being that does not need to rely on others, not being a burden to the people around her that helped her out so much and make these people proud.

Miralda
Immediate desires: Finding out where exactly they are and getting a new contract.

Long-term plans: Teaching her current client how to fight to make sure she can defend herself if needed while training herself more to become stronger then she already is.

Final ambitions: Leave a lasting impact on this world, making sure that her name will be known and spoken in either awe... or fear... before she dies.

Quinn Fontaine
Immediate desires: Ensuring the City returns to order and making sure nobody uses the just slowly settling dust after the siege for their own profits.

Long-term plans: Reestablishing her connection to her brother, keeping her eyes on Cruentus to make sure that they follow "the law" as promised and calming the doubts that some have in her.

Final ambitions: Destroying as many evil or dark entities as she can in her lifetime to make the world a safer place for others to live in and becoming a prime example for other demonhunters to strive for.

Robin Kenway
Immediate desires: Finding out more about their new home and what to do for a living, since hunting does not seem to work very well in their new environment.

Long-term plans: Finding a way to explore those new lands they arrived at. Observing how Lismores wildlife reacts and discovering possible new animals they could find in this dimension.

Final ambitions: Live free, live with honor, make friends and if he has to die; die for a higher purpose.

Kira
Immediate desires: Gather material to craft a new garment for herself, as well as information on the brotherhood her brother was part of to recreate his assassin-regalia in his honor... and finally getting her hair cut after so many years.

Long-term plans: One: Protecting those people she cares for at all costs, no matter what they are. Two: Further letting go of the traumas that developed after her torture to be less afraid of people and herself outside of a hood. Three: Finally unearthing the secret of her family that resulted in them getting killed and her life as a thief.

Final ambitions: Freeing herself from the shackles of her troubled past and learning to accept and forgive herself her mistakes, as well as learning to define herself as more then a thief again. Maybe even spending her live with the one or ones she loves and - for once - be happy... whatever this may means.

Unknown
Immediate desires: Silence the witness. Separating "the focus" from everyone close.

Long-term plans: Spreading his corruption while keeping his secret hidden for everyone, yet giving his current focus the strength it needs to develop and shatter whatever proves to be a threat.

Final ambitions: Taking full control and reach his full potential. Advance further to his primary target...

Dun Dun Duuuuun...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 06:28:19 pm by Lili »
MAU!

Zerah Cero

• @{Cookie Stealer}@
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 02:03:57 pm »
Zerah (the reckless) Cero

Immediate desires: Find purpose other then as a thief.

Long-term plans: Find a lover and have children to raise. Maybe teach the trade.

Final ambitions: Die doing what she loves doing in a meaningful way and be remembered as the most effective thief in the land.

Rena Fellswipe

Immediate desires: Become the best medic/alchemist in the Zenko (Goal met \o/)

Long-term plans: Retire after a good years service to the Zenko and it's people she has treated and taken care of since she first arrived to Lismore.

Final ambitions: Find a stable binder so she does not have to continually take it all the time.

Flo

Immediate desires: Continue to protect her kingdom back at home and her allies in Lismore.

Long-term plans: Settle down, have a child, and carry on the new blood line of the dragon isle royal family.

Final ambitions: Fully understand her magic studies and unlock her own full potential in kenetic magic and it's applications.

Dren

Immediate desires: Keep the living space clean for mother and father and continue to grow strong for her loving family.

Long-term plans: Join the phoenix guard to be strong like father when she gets old enough.

Final ambitions: Become like the siren of the west (A book series she was being read to) and travel the lands in search of the ultimate verse.

Muz-Ra

Immediate desires: Find her missing lover or move on from the loss.

Long-term plans: Learn common!

Final ambitions: Become one with Ethsa and mater her aura gift to overcome the Dust.

Sparks

Immediate desires: Adjust and cope with being undead.

Long-term plans: Regain her old legendary status as leader of the Rogues of Xi or equal to such a title worth remembering in these lands.

Final Ambitions: Find her assassin (if they are still alive. If not then closest next of kin), return the favor, and keep their head alive and on a pike to decorate her den!

Jake

Immediate desires: Find love for once and not get the tail end of a booty call. :|

Long-term plans: Progress in the group and have his inventions looked upon in admiration as technical marvels.

Final ambitions: Retire after training an apprentice in both his magic, his fighting style, and his tech.

Pyce

Immediate desires: Keep Lismore safe. (Simple)

Long-term plans: Grow stronger and tame his near infinite rage he carries constantly.

Final ambitions: Find a worthy opponent and fight them in single combat. Win or lose, he wants a good fight against someone who doesn't cling to magic or help!

Jace

Immediate desires: Live, work, get paid, survive the next day.

Long term plans: Become an effective member of the Zenko and probably lead a stealth team.

Final ambitions: Overcome his Agoraphobia and feel that he is accually accepted then really just a tool to be used.

Goh

Immediate desires: Find a loving owner to unlock her full potential.

Long-term plans: Keep her owner safe as well as whoever he/she wants safe.

Final ambition: True freedom from her own mental locks.

Edhel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 12:41:19 am »
Everybody with all their alts! It's giving me alt-envy!  ;)

Edhel Valentine

Immediate desires: Money, power, sex, ...then more money, more power, more sex! ...and to find a gold mine he believes exists in the floating islands. And to acquire and refit the baths in Lismore as a gift to his sister Xian Fangshi Valentine who wants to turn the place into a more refined spa type of place.

Long-term plans: Avenge his father's death. Achieve financial superiority in Lismore. Bring his family (the Valentines) into a new age of wealth and prosperity and power!

Final ambitions: Crush his enemies, see them driven before him, and hear the lamentation of their women! Then rule over Lismore alongside his sister, Xian Fangshi Valentine (watch out, lord Xian!)! And rule the Ramau race with Teren An'Nodas as his queen!

Xahu Fu Sheng

• VIP Players
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 01:07:52 am »
Hazel Alchemi

Immediate desires: Build a homunculus creature which would possess River Lanterns' ability to create tass crystals at will. But since that has a high chance of failure, also build a device which would extract mana from his victims, and turn it into tass crystals! Also get his daughter Zeela Soulstar married to... someone with a dick!, so she may have children! And also, to use Yamanu to bring back the dead, without the need of a body!

Long-term plans: Continue to be the local boogieman, feared by all!

Final ambitions: Create for himself an indestructible body like he's done with Xela Soulstar, and then, he will be invincible!