Author Topic: Neckbeard RP Tool PRO r20004 (08/20/16)  (Read 48036 times)

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Re: NBA - Lismore Titler v1.1.4.6 (06/12/13)
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2013, 03:11:10 am »
Update deployed.

Changelog for 1.1.5.0:

- RP Tool and HUD will no longer desynchronize if you use chat commands to go AFK/OOC.

- You are now able to use the words "afk", "ooc", "ic" and "back" in any title without trouble.

- Radar will no longer reset after teleporting.

- Radar auto-throttle greatly reduced. Now scans every 60 second when sim performance is at its poorest, rather than every 240 seconds.

- Further updates will now be deployed on Thursdays (if there are any).

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Re: NBA - Lismore Titler v1.1.5.0 (06/20/13)
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2013, 12:31:45 pm »
Planned changes for 1.1.5.1:

- HUD update: Added the option to support Neckbeards Anonymous by donating L$. If you like our RP Tool & want to donate L$ to us, you may attach the HUD and follow its instructions. You also have the option to donate to Lismore if you happen to be in the sim at the time. (Delayed due security issues.)

- Titler Bugfix: Fixed OOC and AFK information updating. It should no longer toggle back to IC when trying to do "/1 ooc something here" or "/1 afk something here" while already OOC or AFK.

- Titler Bugfix: Fixed OOC and AFK interfering with each other. You can now go AFK from OOC, & OOC from AFK without needing to go IC in-between.

- Titler Bugfix: OOC/AFK messages now persist upon character load.

- RP Tool feature: Added the option to toggle the automatic update check on & off using "/1 toggleupdate". Automatic updates are enabled by default.

Patch is expected to be deployed Thursday 4th of July.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 11:03:51 am by Tenaar Feiri »

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Re: NBA - Lismore Titler v1.1.5.1 (07/03/13)
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2013, 01:23:08 pm »
Update deployed. Patch 1.1.5.1.

Changelog:

- HUD update: Added codebase for remote donations to Neckbeards Anonymous and alternatively, Lismore. (presently disabled to the end-user pending testing)

- Titler Bugfix: Fixed OOC and AFK information updating. It should no longer toggle back to IC when trying to do "/1 ooc something here" or "/1 afk something here" while already OOC or AFK.

- Titler Bugfix: Fixed OOC and AFK interfering with each other. You can now go AFK from OOC, & OOC from AFK without needing to go IC in-between.

- Titler Bugfix: OOC/AFK messages now persist upon character load.

- RP Tool feature: Added the option to toggle the automatic update check on & off using "/1 toggleupdate". Automatic updates are enabled by default.

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2013, 07:56:28 am »
A new feature we're going to add to the RP chatter in the next update is the option to toggle between full name display in the chat, and only the first name.

To show an example of it, imagine that your character's full name is John Doe. Now normally John Doe's name would appear in the chat as exactly that: John Doe.

LIke this: John Doe does an emote.

Come the next update, you'll be able to toggle on an option that puts only your first name in the chat, even though your titler is showing your full name.
It will then look like this: John does something.

It's currently in testing, so if you're interested in trying this new feature out, send me an IM in game and I'll send you the test chatter. And make sure to let me know how it performs, if you encounter any bugs, etc. This is one of those things that need to be tested with a variety of names and people before I am comfortable releasing it.

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2013, 10:23:21 pm »
Suggestion for a future update!

Make the 'Resource' field auto-regenerate.

The way I think it could be done would be.... make it a command prompt feature to set it, something like /1 resource 10 turn to regenerate 10 mana every turn, which in this case would be accounted for as every time you speak using the /4 chat feature (the value could be anything. 1, 3, 10, 25, whatever the character's recovery rate is). And other options could be /1 resource 1 minute if your character uses minutes for regeneration, or /1 resource 10 hour if it's hours, etc, etc...

Real-world usage would be like....

I get the RP Tool. As part of the setup process, I can either set up a Resource regeneration rate, or ignore it altogether so it doesn't do a thing automatically. If I choose to set it up, I do

/1 resource 10 turn

Every time I post, it will count as a turn having gone around, so it will add 10 to my resource total if it's below 100%.

If I want to set it to stop regenerating automatically, do /1 resource 0 turn (where turn could be any of the accepted variables such as minute, hour, day, etc...)

...this way I don't have to remember replenishing the Resource after using it.  ;)

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2013, 10:37:17 pm »
Suggestion for a future update!

Make the 'Resource' field auto-regenerate.

The way I think it could be done would be.... make it a command prompt feature to set it, something like /1 resource 10 turn to regenerate 10 mana every turn, which in this case would be accounted for as every time you speak using the /4 chat feature (the value could be anything. 1, 3, 10, 25, whatever the character's recovery rate is). And other options could be /1 resource 1 minute if your character uses minutes for regeneration, or /1 resource 10 hour if it's hours, etc, etc...

Real-world usage would be like....

I get the RP Tool. As part of the setup process, I can either set up a Resource regeneration rate, or ignore it altogether so it doesn't do a thing automatically. If I choose to set it up, I do

/1 resource 10 turn

Every time I post, it will count as a turn having gone around, so it will add 10 to my resource total if it's below 100%.

If I want to set it to stop regenerating automatically, do /1 resource 0 turn (where turn could be any of the accepted variables such as minute, hour, day, etc...)

...this way I don't have to remember replenishing the Resource after using it.  ;)

.....ooooor I can read the manual and see that the feature already exists! Doh!  ;)

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2013, 07:36:03 am »
Update pushed.

New version: 1.2.0.0

- Chatter update: Added option to toggle between full & first name displays in chat. The command for this is "/1 togglename" (without the quotes).

- HUD update: Added donation feature to the HUD. If you wish to support us by donating Lindens, activate by typing "/1 donate" (without the quotes). Permission to take money from you is requested only when you confirm your donation, and it is immediately
If you are in Lismore, you will be given a second option to donate directly to the sim funds instead of to Neckbeards Anonymous.

- HUD update: All default HUD & titler scripts now check the integrity of its inventory, and deletes foreign & potentially malicious objects.

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Re: NBA - Lismore Titler v1.2.0.0 (08/07/13)
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2013, 02:48:58 pm »
Just a quick announcement!

We now have 764 unique SL accounts using our RP tool, who are either using the current version or have backed their characters to the server at least once!

We'd like to offer a thanks to our users for their support, & hope that you all will continue to enjoy the Lismore RP Tool in the times ahead!

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Re: NBA - Lismore Titler v1.2.1.0 (09/11/13)
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2013, 03:32:51 am »
Update deployed.

Changelog for 1.2.1.0:

- Chatter now removes any "/me" commands from its posts if you use a Viewer that can chat automatically to channel 4, allowing you to /me accidentally to your heart's content!

- The radar module has overstayed its welcome & is now deprecated. It will inform you to rez the HUD on the ground when you're finished updating and if you do that, then the module will unlink & delete itself, hassle-free!

- A new LITE HUD has been added that takes up less screen space. You cannot use the original & the LITE version at the same time.

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
Re: NBA - Lismore Titler v1.2.1.0 (09/11/13)
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2013, 04:41:45 am »
Suggestion for a future update:

Allow the HUD to show time and date in the format we use for Lismore. This could be presented on the HUD in a similar fashion to the weather, maybe even sharing the same spot (where you could click it to change from showing time/date or weather information.
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Re: NBA - Lismore Titler v1.2.2.1 (01/12/14)
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2014, 08:48:00 pm »
New version released.

Changelog for 1.2.2.1:

- Character handler has been optimized.
- Revised the way loading works; Characters can now have long names without breaking llDialog.
- Added a name filter to the chatter that will prevent "??" from showing up in your name that occurs when you use a name with special characters that object names do not support.
- You should now be able to have multiple character saves with identical names.
- *NEW FEATURE* You may now use the command "/1 togglewhisper" to toggle between 20m chatrange & 10m chatrange when posting through the /4 & /3 channels.

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2014, 10:17:37 pm »
- You should now be able to have multiple character saves with identical names.
- *NEW FEATURE* You may now use the command "/1 togglewhisper" to toggle between 20m chatrange & 10m chatrange when posting through the /4 & /3 channels.

Thaaaank you thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! I've been wanting this feature for ages!  :)

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2014, 10:43:49 am »
Upcoming feature announcement!

With the redesign of the clock program in Lismore nearly complete, we're almost ready to implement a watch in the HUD. This will only be active in Lismore while the master clock is under development, but will be available grid-wide soon as it's finished & thoroughly tested.
It will allow you to keep track of the in-world time through its day & night cycles, display the age we're in & the year we're in IC.

It'll be a simple box to start with, but I'm looking into making it an animated clock display with accurate dials!

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2014, 07:47:04 am »
Update 11/14/14: Neckbeards Anonymous RP Tool Pro is now in public alpha! Please direct all bug reports to Tenaar Feiri with as many details on how to reproduce them as possible! Happy testing!

News update! Well it's been over half a year since the last official update on the RP tool's progress, so I figure it's time to share how the V2.0 (aka Neckbeard RP Tool Pro). Some of you may remember a thread I made a few months ago wanting feedback on what new model to pursue, and I received an overwhelming response, so I'd just like to repeat the end result of that: the RP Tool stays completely free (as in: free beer), with the option to donate at your leisure! So the model won't change from the tool you use today. Most other things about the RP tool has changed however. It's going to be a big upgrade first of all, one that will force you to recreate all of your saved characters as saved backups from the current tool simply aren't convertible. The new RP tool uses a mutable syntax however, so future changes to the mechanics should stay completely compatible with the upgraded backups. Moreover, I'm giving the tool enhanced modding support with the option of designing your own HUD designs, extend its functionalities and so on through the use of APIs and normal SL modding. It'll be great! One thing to note is that the official AddOn system that will let you integrate things with the tool is still heavily underdeveloped & will not be ready for public testing or release, but some modding and customizability does still work, and even without the API, the tool should still easily be many hundred times more flexible than the current official tool. I've compiled a list of the most relevant changes for you:
  • HUD upgraded with multi-page support - currently 2 working pages w/ 1 blank example page.
  • HUD upgraded to support using homemade textures & redefining button positions. (not implemented in alpha)
  • HUD upgraded with integrated support for the Neckbeard Weather Station, the TimeKeeper (tba) and LFRP.
  • HUD now has buttons for most titler features.
  • All technical functionality migrated from the HUD & built into the worn titler attachment. The HUD is now 100% optional, even for saving and loading characters.
  • Consolidated colouring options to one command: "/1 color value". "color" can now identify when you put in a RGB as its value (e.g /1 color 255 0 0), or when you insert a default color (e.g /1 color red). "Colorrgb" is gone.
  • Titler includes experimental support for title extensions. You can now stretch some titles to generate the illusion of having more than 8 lines above your head. This feature is experimental and unstable as of 08/23/14.
  • Most title variables are now saved per character, so one character can for instance have percentages at the end of their energy bar, & another may not, and the tool will be able to recognize this, and remember it. This is even backed up to server.
  • Regen variables, maximum energy, etc. is now stored in the save file & is remembered even when restoring from backup.
  • Alphaing (i.e transparency) is consolidated to one command: "/1 alpha float". You can set your title alpha from 1.0 (visible) to 0.0 (invisible). If you need to hide or show the title quickly, you can do so with "/1 alpha hide" and "/1 alpha show".
  • The RP Tool now supports up to 12 saved characters. It also supports saving characters with identical names on different slots.
  • Added the ability to change constants by way of textboxes.
  • Titler parsing has been thoroughly optimized & the titler is more responsive.
  • Added a "/1 showcap" toggle, which when percentage is turned off, will allow you to display your maximum amount of energy on title8 if you have set a maximum with postregen or regen.
  • Title8, traditionally used for energy measurements, can now be converted into a title just like every other line on your tool. This will disable regen features. Useful if your character doesn't have any numbers they need tracked.
  • The Neckbeard RP Tool is much more verbose, and will tell you in no uncertain terms when it detects something wrong (such as a bad title input, an error it detects, and so on).
  • The Donation feature has been removed from the HUD and RP Tool attachment entirely in response to concerns. It is now a separate object which you must rez on the ground somewhere & use the normal "Pay" feature in SL to donate with, providing a safer, reliable and straightforward way for you to donate, if you should feel so inclined.
  • The ability to connect to a remote server to submit tickets through the tool is still being worked on, but no promises. This is one feature I hope to fully implement, but also one I may end up needing to cut.
  • The new RP Tool will have the ability to change which channel you send your commands to from the default channel 1 (e.g "/1 title1 Samantha") to any other channel of your choice (e.g "/5 title1 Samantha"). This feature doesn't fully synchronize with the HUD yet if you don't wear it when you issue the "changechannel" command. There are some channels you cannot change to: 3, 4, 22, 44, 45 & 46.
  • The chatter has been undergone several under-the-hood enhancements to provide better support posts from roleplayers who use Viewers and/or Viewer features that change the way you post, such as viewers that allow you to post directly to a channel without using a backslash (and inadvertently forget themselves & use backslashes anyway).
There are still several issues too that need to be ironed out. The most prudent one that I'm still working diligently on, is finding a solution for the issue that most paraposters experience while they use the tool: parts of their long posts are lost when the chat divides them into several messages to circumvent the chat character limit. This is primarily a client-side problem, with a little dash of server, so technically it is nothing I can fix. I'm sorry, paraposters! But there is hope. I'm working on a hack that will hopefully enable you to make huge, whole, uninterrupted posts! The process may be a little bit heavy-handed, but I am determined to try my best to bring this to you to the best of my abilities, if it's at all possible. I'll keep you posted!

Known issues: (Last updated: 2014-11-16)
- Titler doesn't tell you when your title is too long. (fix in progress, low priority)
 - Page 3 is disabled. (to be fixed, low priority)
- Title8 may behave weird when containing unorthodox symbols not part of UTF-8 or ASCII. (unable to fix; SL limitation)
- Character handler (charhandler_0.8 ) may in rare cases crash and require a script reset, usually a stack-heap error. (Fixed)
- Changing constant 1 & 2 doesn't seem to work. (Fixed)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:33:05 am by Tenaar Feiri »

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Neckbeard RP Tool v0.17 (09/03/14)
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2014, 04:24:48 pm »
Known issues with alpha build 0.17:

• Changing the name via HUD or "/1 changetitle" didn't reflect this in the chatter. (fixed for build 0.18)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:16:14 pm by Tenaar Feiri »