Author Topic: Uncarded Character Ban  (Read 20521 times)

Dagurath

Re: Uncarded Character Ban
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 03:01:48 pm »
This won't matter much but i thought i would give a sight from someone who is not from Pheonix ...

Okay... I am not saying that there is nothing wrong with a Uncarded Chracter. So as far as i understand, it's the players choice to RP with her and to accept or not her actions. They can easily discuss it and reach a agreement. I don't know about Levi's mistakes before this, but the 'third' strike should not get her banned just because she was using a Uncarded Character. So to put it simple:

First - ALL this time, she was using the "Uncarded Character" Tag! So EVERYONE KNEW! Whoever say it did not, it's lying or simply not paying enough attention.

Second - You KNOW it's a Uncarded Character. No one has been forced into RP with levi, no one is forced to simply bow low and accept her RP.

Third - The Doctor was 80% a social Character ... I do not agree with Ban. If it were a Combat-active character, fine. It would have been abusing her 'free powers'. But its not. And for anyone who knows levi a little bit - See me , i've only known her inside Lismore and only Rped a bit with her and it was enough to see that she's not the kind that forces you to accept her stuff.

I believe the Staff should take all things into consideration... Also - In MY opinion - Karl's complaints are understandable ... Nor she refered to anyone in specific, Caex reply was more then... Unecessary.

The staff maybe should think more about working with the player to finish her card, insted of simply 'ban'.  But that's just a concerned player opinion. Why not simply put her character on hold and wait for the card? - After all Levi haven't been around Lismore for a while for that specific reason .

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 03:05:53 pm by Dagu'rath »

Drubunneh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 03:03:11 pm »
To me I think Ash has been more than fair in this instance. I've been at sims where people are banned for far less. Heck I've banned people for far less. 20 days to make a card is more than enough, with or without help. And why wait for Xela? There are plenty of people in sim that would have been happy to give any help they could, even Ashtyn himself as he's a damn nice guy.

As to what happens with RP around Levi. A sad fact of a ban, but a ban that could have been prevented had Levi actually made the effort to co operate and make a card as per sim rules.

Karlhockey Forte

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 03:04:14 pm »
Caex...do try to be civil please.

And Karl, Levi was not online at the moment that the ban was decided upon, furthermore Ash had to go due to RL issues.

Fact however remains, that Levi had been given several warnings and a deadline even, she failed to produce a card to us despite everything, the verdict was made.

A offline IM wasn't possible? Ash, and you all as a sim staff had enough time to decide the character would be banned, and didn't have enough time to type out "We are sorry, but you have run out of time regarding your character card. The character is now barred from the sim. Please contact us for questions."

That took me all of 30 seconds to write.

Over this past month, I barely have seen this character RP, none of the 'abilities' used, and a obvious notation there with the conversation I had with Levi that she was in the process of working with Xela to try and put one together, and told you that it was being worked on. That even more fuels the fact that this wasn't in my mind the best of decisions, and only one to get rid of the problem so it wouldn't have to be dealt with anymore.

Caex

• Magetech Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 03:05:01 pm »
i am being civil nov. i just dont care that he doesnt like what i'm saying. i'd much rather be blunt and honest about something than be "civil" and lie about it.

also, we tried to work with her on the card. she refused. she got angry when we pushed for it and was generaly blocking us at every turn. enough is enough.

Drubunneh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2012, 03:05:48 pm »
This won't matter much but i thought i would give a sight from someone who is not from Pheonix ...

Okay... I am not saying that there is nothing wrong with a Uncarded Chracter. So as far as i understand, it's the players choice to RP with her and to accept or not her actions. They can easily discuss it and reach a agreement. I don't know about Levi's mistakes before this, but the 'third' strike should not get her banned just because she was using a Uncarded Character. So to put it simple:

First - ALL this time, she was using the "Uncarded Character" Tag! So EVERYONE KNEW! Whoever say it did not, it's lying or simply not paying enough attention.

Second - You KNOW it's a Uncarded Character. No one has been forced into RP with levi, no one is forced to simply bow low and accept her RP.

Third - The Doctor was 80% a social Character ... I do not agree with Ban. If it were a Combat-active character, fine. It would have been abusing her 'free powers'. But its not. And for anyone who knows levi a little bit - See me , i've only known her inside Lismore and only Rped a bit with her and it was enough to see that she's not the kind that forces you to accept her stuff.

I believe the Staff should take all things into consideration... Also - In MY opinion - Karl's complaints are understandable ... Nor she refered to anyone in specific, Caex reply was more then... Unecessary.

The staff maybe should think more about working with the player to finish her card, insted of simply 'ban'.  But that's just a concerned player opinion.

Not a tag I saw all the time Dagu

The non carded ness has only recently come to light, Staff cant know off hand everyones cards

Cards do not just relate to combat

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2012, 03:06:10 pm »

1: The uncarded character tag was added after Levi being uncarded first came to light. Before then, there had only been Lismore Traveler & Visitor (and that rank which let you fly.)

2: Nobody knew she was uncarded until it was discovered & the tag was added. Up until then, she'd deliberately lied to us & misled us into thinking that she was approved (going so far as to say that showing her char card would reveal too much about her char when prompted to show it.)

Dagurath

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2012, 03:12:53 pm »
I can only speak for myself - I'm sorry on my first statment about anyone who did not noticed it, i did not know it was new. But still she used it all the time i was there...

And even Cards do not relate to only combat. I don't see how such a fuss can come up from a situation that can be easily discussed. I still think Ban is too much... Also no need for making this a public thing.

Simply block the character - wait for her card. Don't accuse anyone of lying and etc. It's your words vs her's/His w/e.

And you can't deny that the people so dedicated to enforcing this is probably the ones who 'lost' something to the fact she's uncarded. At least i have never seen her force anything on anyone... Even while we talked about outcomes of possible events we would discuss and reach a agreement.

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2012, 03:13:24 pm »

I'll stop you right there. The Uncarded Character tag was specifically made right AFTER Ashtyn had learned of Levi having RP'd an uncarded charder who has used unapproved abilities numerous times that has even influenced several plots. Levi knew full well that she was not approved yet continued to play her character as such under the assumption of everyone thinking she was approved until it was found out early this month that she was not approved.

Also, Karl, Ash had to leave due to RL issues, you cannot expect him to suddenly search up Levi's account and IM her if he has to go. I have not done so myself because I am officially on a break, but I feel obliged to speak up in this matter because it is my job, break or not. Now I will be asking people to calm down and settle for now, because this topic is only turning into a bitchfest and I will not be heaving that. I will lock this topic if I have to and that is my final warning.
"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler

MysticLancer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2012, 03:15:29 pm »
Im going to have to chime in on this as well as this is getting very heated up. First of all, If Levi had contacted me for instance, I would have helped her out no problem. The admins are here to do their jobs regardless of who breaks the rules in general. If I had broken the rules, I dont care that im the leader of the Zenko, I expect the admins to do their jobs and give me the appropriate punishment. The rules are the rules and the admins cant just not sanction a player just because of their position.

Quite frankly if you dont think Xela can pull phoenix up from the ashes so to speak without Levi, then phoenix would crumble anyway and I dont think you know phoenix too well. Levi has misled many into thinking that she was already carded and has been given plenty of opportunity to do so.....

And Karl, speaking about other players leaving because of this wont change the decision...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 03:22:22 pm by MysticLancer »

Drubunneh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2012, 03:20:06 pm »
I can only speak for myself - I'm sorry on my first statment about anyone who did not noticed it, i did not know it was new. But still she used it all the time i was there...

And even Cards do not relate to only combat. I don't see how such a fuss can come up from a situation that can be easily discussed. I still think Ban is too much... Also no need for making this a public thing.

Simply block the character - wait for her card. Don't accuse anyone of lying and etc. It's your words vs her's/His w/e.

And you can't deny that the people so dedicated to enforcing this is probably the ones who 'lost' something to the fact she's uncarded. At least i have never seen her force anything on anyone... Even while we talked about outcomes of possible events we would discuss and reach a agreement.

I understand what you say Dagu, but you seem to forget she was given 20 days to submit some sort of card. Even an incomplete one. Or one that might not be approved. She didn't submit anything. 20 days is more than long enough. I can write a good card in an hour, a really basic card in ten minuites and a complex card in a day or so.

Levi was given more than enough of a chance to comply with sim rules she did not do so. And this is the key to this

The main point here is that it's terribly unfair to allow an uncarded character in the sim, and it's unfair to the rest of us who try hard to make sure we have approved skills and don't use anything else....some of my characters do not have that they can read on on their card as I forgot it...they now can not read because of that. Not how i intended it but I actually make an effort to stay within the sim rules
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 03:22:29 pm by Drubunneh »

Dagurath

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2012, 03:29:23 pm »
Hey i know... I know...

I'm not defending her actions, i'm defending her from the 'Liar' call outs. I never got the impression that most players do... "She made us believe "  No offence but that is bs. Everyone has a mind of their own, just because i don't say something does not mean i'm lying. Unless you asked before " You are carded? " And she answered " No. " No one has the right to throw accusations here...

She wronged in taking so long to submit a card. All i'm saying is: Is ban really necessary? The player have been away from the SIM for several days now SPECIFICALLY to avoid RP as long as her Character was Uncarded. She says she was waiting for Xela - SO what? She feels more comfortable that way. No one should be forced to make something just for doing it... If she rather stay out of the sim until it's done , let her. Just don't make a public topic about it so 'theses' things can happen ... In my opinion, shut down this topic and delete it...

The staff should handle this with the PLAYER. Not with the public... Specially if some of the staff are players too. Ashtyn is very busy and has to handle alot of things, so the staff should help him. A example: My last update was voided because of 1 single typo . But no one told me anything, it took me 14 days later to talk to Ashtyn to find out...So we fixed it.

Ashtyn is not to blame here... In anyway. So please take my advice, kill this topic... Think about the Ban - Talk to the player. Reach a agreement. NOR the sim or the Player have anything to gain from all this.

Drubunneh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2012, 03:32:24 pm »
The only thing I'll say in reply Dagu is despite the twenty days she was uncarded for months before that. And yes she has been asked if she has a card and implied she has one, or downright said she has one. So yes this is a factor in this case.

I am sure the admins/staff/GMs will look at your advice and think on it. They aren't unreasonable. I've been on the receiving end of them for some of my behaviours in the past as well.

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2012, 03:33:19 pm »
Is ban really necessary?

Yes. Then next time she'll know to submit a card and get her character approved. I don't want to be redundant and iterate any further on my reasons for believing this. You can go read my other posts for my reasoning.

And I call Levi a liar with good reason; I have IM logs from both myself and a couple of people where she outright said that she didn't want to show us the character card.
She only started admitting she had no approval after she'd been caught.

Dagurath

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2012, 03:40:48 pm »
Sorry - I wouldn't show my character card for no good reason either. And i'm carded. But yes. Let's just drop all this and hope the Staff takes my advice and kill this topic.

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2012, 03:54:38 pm »
Heya folks - we (the staff) wanted to drop a brief note on the forum to explain a recent action taken with one of our players. Normally this kind of issue isn't given much highlight, but in this case we feel it's both safe to share, as there aren't really any major privacy concerns, and we think it illustrates our expectations about fair play and good conduct.

I would believe this alone explains exactly why we have made this topic, however that was not an invitation for people to come in here and argue about our actions towards a player who was banned under justified reason. Nor was it an invitation to have this topic turn out in a bitchfest.

Now I will only say this once, since I am locking the topic right after this post, I'll be the big bad mean admin since I am on a break anyways.

We posted this because Levi was an active member in Phoenix, we felt obliged to inform the public about the reasons of our actions due to previous incidents where we were forced to ban someone and ended up being looked at as bad guys. Now I am not saying Levi would stir the rumor mill but it was a risk we could not allow, for we allowed it once before and we ended up being forced to explain publicly our reasons why we had banned said person.

I may well be speaking out of line here but, drama about this was bound to happen, if not here then somewhere else, we decided that this was the right way to follow and we accept the consequences for it, this does not however take away the fact that we have taken these actions to enforce the rules and have it serve as a warning for others.

In regard of Levi being a liar, yes you're lying if you say you don't want to show your card because it would reveal too much, Levi knew very well that she was wrong and when it was exposed we gave her the chance to correct it and write up a character card to get approved. She was giving a total of 20 days to do so, help or no help that was more then enough time to write up a card. She failed to send in a card before the deadline and considering her earlier two strikes, we have decided to take action and ban her.

Do not put the blame into our shoes when we have given her a chance and time to fix an issue that was her own fault, we could well have banned her right there and then but we did not, she was given a chance and she screwed it, we banned her. End of story.

This topic is locked.
"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler