Author Topic: Desert Prisoners Rescue/Exchange  (Read 16036 times)

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Desert Prisoners Rescue/Exchange
« on: August 10, 2012, 09:02:38 pm »
So I'm creating this thread here to try and coordinate what's going on related to the plot involving Xela and Vil'yer (and others?) that have been captured by the desert folks.

As I know of right now, Xela is prisoner at the desert, Vil'yer is prisoner at the desert, Mirage is prisoner of the Zenko (currently being 'interrogated' by Hazel in the Caves).

The original idea I heard was that there was going to be a prisoners exchange: The Zenko would give Mirage back and the desert would give Xela (and Vil'yer?) back.

But folks have been talking about an alternative plan, here for your consideration:

-Create a diversion incident to distract the desert folks, while a small group would infiltrate the desert fort to rescue the prisoners. Because some have made some pretty advanced planning for it (someone suggested using fire to crystallize the walls in a tunnel to be dug into the fort so the sand doesn't just collapse - that to me shows thinking and I like thinking! ;) ).

By what I understand this was supposed to be a small, 'personal' event, that now has a lot of people involved. So I suggest we discuss things here so everyone involved knows what's going on.

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
Re: Desert Prisoners Rescue/Exchange
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 09:06:20 pm »
The desert also has Kami and Munak prisoner. :3 and I think Val's group has 'Shadow Humper', but his value to the desert is low.

Was I was thinking was, maybe only Xela and Vil get freed? Meaning, there will be other events and maybe a trade in the future to get back Kami and Munak, also giving a time for Mirage to get returned too.

firefoxinc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 09:10:05 pm »
Tribalrage has 2 chars captured as well. One is a angel and I do not recall the other off hand.

Vil'er is someone who Sethos wants back quite badly. i am sure everyone who has rped with him knows this.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:12:28 pm by firefoxinc »
Active Chars: Nathifa
Inactive/Gone:Sethos, Kanika, Khalid

Husky Dragon

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 09:18:28 pm »
Since pretty much nobody has been communicating with me about this so far, or listened to what i'm trying to say about the different captives - you just go ahead and talk amongst yourselves, i'll let you know if anything goes against fact and we'll just figure out what it is you want to do.

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 09:18:43 pm »
Thing is, we need to check with the players to make sure they want a rescue :3

Jannisia

• View Profile
    • Easton Forums
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 09:23:48 pm »
Don't expect the desert players not to get involved in this. Just as a note, there are some pretty damn powerful creatures in the desert faction that won't like players tunneling into the fortress. And some of them are fine diggers.

Including my character >.>

Which means I won't be able to play Amilin for the event, sadly.
Xema Guardian, Jannisia Ocelot, and Shaden Opaline.

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 09:31:54 pm »
Ani, this is the "let's communicate with Ani" part of the plot. If nobody had communicated, here's the chance for it. Instead of being upset that people "hadn't communicated", take this opportunity to do the necessary communication.

Jannisia, this is the second time in recent events that you make an ominous announcement about how your character is awesome <this> and able to do <that> as if it were a certainty that you get to be the almighty showstopper. Please stop.

firefoxinc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 09:37:04 pm »
Communication problem because the leaders of the faction wont cross talk? We have a very VERY bad issue where events happen, noon talks to each other or leaves postings. Might be something that needs to be addressed so we do not keep having a issue like this.

Jannisia

• View Profile
    • Easton Forums
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 10:37:59 pm »
Ashtyn, I was just making an example.

You know what that is right? And I hate to sound snarky, but you telling me what I'm doing isn't a very good topper for a bad day. I'm not trying to show off. I'm trying to say that the whole tunneling idea isn't very smart. Hell, there's even a sentence describing that people trying to tunnel under the walls would get attacked in the notecard explaining the desert faction!

I noted my character in that because it upsets me that he'd probably get himself involved in said tunnel attack and Amilin had already promised to help in the rescue! I'm not trying to be a showstopper here, I'm trying to express the fact that I don't like this idea, and I don't like my backup plan to be able to roleplay at all while this is going on, because gods know there won't be anyone on the mainland! There never is during an event.
Xema Guardian, Jannisia Ocelot, and Shaden Opaline.

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 12:18:12 am »
Alright, this is what has been ICly planned so far between Relina, Valencia and Cala (ani's character within Val's Faction)

Zenko has Mirage, Cruentus has Fabarus (Shadow Humper). The two factions agreed upon to share their hostages and have Cala lead the negotiations with the desert, accompanied with a bunch of sturdy men as her bodyguards (whom would be NPC pirates taken from Collie's armada)

The plan was that Cala, accompanied with the sturdy men who  guide Mirage and Fabarus to the desert, Relina, Val and co would remain right outside the portal watching from a distance while Cala makes the negotiations to at least get Xela and Munak back.

Plans for rescuing Vil'yer have been shot down by Val as she is undoubtedly part of the Desert just like Jae has become. The only information given about both Tribal's characters was by Fabarus and disregarded by Val, since her main concern went out to Xela and Munak.

@Firefox: Communication between the factions have been fine so far and I have poked Relina several times OOCly to make IC meetings and discuss about things. Communication on that part have been fine.

@Jannisia: It is fine to disagree with a plan is fine, but you seem to be mostly disagreeing cause you seem to believe you are forced to play your other character and not getting to RP your other, on that note I'll call it selfish and wrong. The tunneling idea has been shot down ICly already and is purely kept as a last resort, so it wont most likely even happen.

"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 09:40:11 am »
I admit, I'm putting a spanner in the works with this, but I was wondering if it was possible for Xela to get freed, while Mirage remains a prisoner at Lismore

firefoxinc

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 10:13:25 am »
Talking to Relina is nice but has anyone been talking to anyone from Phoenix? If so I don't not think any information is getting pass down the food chain about it.

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 12:20:42 pm »
Talking to Relina is nice but has anyone been talking to anyone from Phoenix? If so I don't not think any information is getting pass down the food chain about it.

That's rich, you yourself were there when Val, Cala and Relina talked about the prisoner exchange, after which you argued with Val about Vil'yer.

And if I recall correctly, you're a manager in Phoenix, so...there you have it.
"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler

firefoxinc

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 12:43:11 pm »
Just did not know i there was any updates past that and when they where going to do such a plan. i heard alot of occ stuff just not much ic.

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 01:00:32 pm »
Ok, I've got an idea to offer. What about this:

The heros go to the desert to trade for Xela, Munak and Kami. (but the desert would refuse to trade for Kami) In exchange for Mirage.
The heros actually double cross the desert, not wishing to return Mirage after the damage she has already caused. And they attack once Xela and Munak have been taken out of the fort.
Battle goes down, the heros escape with the hostages.

In the future there would be chance for 2 more events as a result:
Mirage escaping and returning to the Desert, or the desert attack and take her back.
Kami escaping the desert.