Author Topic: Zenko IC Chatter  (Read 20531 times)

Jesk_levethix

• Lord Zenko/ Admin
  • Erick Mousehold
    • View Profile
Zenko IC Chatter
« on: July 14, 2011, 02:11:07 am »
Got Gossip?
This here thread is for the stuff the NPC Zenko watch would say.
things posted here are Assumed knowledge

IE  once its here it is no longer meta-gaming for you to say you heard about it regardless of someone mentioning it in RP.
that doesn't mean you get all the details.

pick and chose what you like to farther your creation of RP. 
Perfection is a state that doesn't exist, there is always a way to improve
Impossible is just a word people created so they would feel better when they quit.
So even if one can't reach perfection that doesn't mean its Impossible,It's a goal to strive for till your last breath and only reach with it

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
Re: Zenko IC Chatter
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 02:40:06 pm »
That crazy ringtail, Rune.. She's been speaking about a party to happen in the near future. Aparently she will be making stew! ...like a normal day then!

Husky Dragon

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 04:39:58 pm »
Rumors persist than Kami was recently seen walking away from the zenko barracks.

Feame Yalin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 12:49:30 am »
Because IC chatter isn't complete without a little bit of the NPC guards gossiping complacently out of context, or a outsider view of what would easily be seen.  And getting the wrong assumptions of it all.

"Beginning to wonder about that knight...."

'that Rose guy, right?  one that's always in his armor?  Why?'

"he's done nothing but train for weeks.  Don't think I've seen him when he wasn't beating himself up, and practicing."

'So?  the guy just likes to train, I guess.'

"Isn't it unhealthy?  I mean...is he trying to prove something?"

'With that guy?  who knows.  I mean....honestly?  I just as soon stay out of it.  if it was a problem, Lord Jesk would address it.'

"Just hope he's actually a good guy....I mean, no telling how good he's getting training all the time.  I'd rather not find out."

'Now your just being paranoid.  Focus on what we're doing.  Shift's almost over.'

"Yea.....maybe your right."

Jay Voncloud

• Loverble Mana Currupted fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 07:05:22 am »
More Guard gossip

"Saw that Fox carrying even more books yesterday"
"The currupted one?"
"Yeah...he got out of Jail other day..apparantly made a ruccus when drunk..seems first thing he did was go to the Libary and just get another pile of books"
"What do you think hes up to?"
"no idea..wonder what sort of books hes reading anyways"

Jannisia

• View Profile
    • Easton Forums
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 05:05:05 pm »
"The portal goes somewhere else now right?"
"Well, yeah."
"So why is that one dragon lady still standing watch over it? Someone should get her down from there before her pretty face gets ill from exposure."
"The purple haired one? Probably just paranoid. I've seen her muttering to herself too."
"Why are all the ladies I meet crazy?"
Xema Guardian, Jannisia Ocelot, and Shaden Opaline.

Feame Yalin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 11:22:51 pm »
"Just when I thought things couldn't get wierder....."

'What is it this time?'

"been watching, and ever since both the inquisitors are now those dragon fox hybrid guys, and the knight one started training all the time.....it's really quiet around here.  Don't think we'll get fired 'cause they don't need guards anymore, do you?"

'And I thought you where crazy with the conspiracy theory about sir Rose.'

".....Sir Rose?  Didn't know he went by that."

'I heard a couple people call him that.  don't think he likes the title, but he don't talk to us, so it's all I got to work on.'

"Wierd....our topic took a left turn, didn't it?"

'....usually.  I just kinda roll with it.'

"....great, now I'm hungery...."

'What did that have to do with anything?'

"Don't know.....Just hungry now....I'm going to get some stew....let me know if a dog passes by..."

'There's one...'

"....I mean a dog that don't work here, smart ass."

'oh...right.'

Caex

• Magetech Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 08:08:27 am »
Guard talking to a Mage

"and here i thought it was just gunpowder we had to worry about"

"what are you on about this time? we don't have any musket users here"

"you tell that to the others, that damn serval is up to something"

"you weren't unlucky enough to get assigned as one of his lab assistants were you?"

"no... my cousin was, we joined round the same time. you wouldn't believe what he's been telling me, it's madness, and from what he's saying, heresy"

"your cousin? what the mage who was promoted last week?"

"yeah that's the one. the stuff he sees in that asshole's lab scares me"

"you're worried about what he has in his lab?"

"think about it. that gun of his, that thing, it's not like a simple pistol that pirates have or a blunder buss or anything like that. he puts things in, second later freaky profane spells are coming out... and, it's just"

"so he's using it as a medium for a method of spell casting, it's rather standard these days with those sword mages and a..."

"i'm well aware of those people with the glowing weapons and the spells coming off of their blades. this aint it man, it is way more perverse than that."

"ok now jack's a pervert i give you that much but what makes you"

"hey, you ever just pay attention to the air around that guy? the atmosphere? it's freaking creepy man. that serval is just ominous, and that look in his eyes. i know it's good but it's just... it's not right man. not right at all."

"look trooper, ya need to calm down a bit. jesk knew what he was doing when he signed jack on, even if he is just using us for resources"

"hey we all got reasons to be here, mine's the pay. i got a family to support and a few gold a month helps. but you don't know what my cousin sees man... these symbols, hand gestures, diagrams... "

"like what?"

"terrible things. look i'm no scholar but every holy book i come across, there's hand symbols for the devil... and on those things of his that he keeps on a bandoleer and slides into his gun to make it do strange things? you ever take a good look at those?"

"wait, you're basing this off of some religious superstition?"

"hey man, you didn't see a diagram for ten thousand children with their hands making the mark of the devil as if to channel it's power and swear their allegiance to the dark powers."

"ok now you're creeping me out..."

"that's the plan"

"so... you're saying jack's a traitor? that he's plotting against us, and that his stuff is just dangerous?"

"pretty much yeah"

"and your proof, is your cousin's panicked words to your ears? after a few nights as a lab assistant?"

"yup"

"you do realize you sound like more of a ass than that serval right?"

"and you do realize you're asking me to trust a madman that your own arcane society has blatantly stated that he's crazy for chasing after something that's not supposed to exist? that stuff in his bottles, you see the pictographs of what happens when someone comes into contact with those? the sketches? it's sickening!"

"yes, mana poisoning is rather gruesome at points. "

"we have to do something. "

"something? like what? go to jesk and say something like, Jesk we have a problem, it's jack. he's bonkers. "

"YES!"

"... i'm supposed to condemn a man, who went out of his way to treat my mundane brother several days ago, he had a grievous wound and jack just shot two things. one green cylinder that imbedded itself into my brother's chest and another thing that just smacked into the ground and healed him over time?"

" he did what? "

"you know those rounds of his can be used for more than just putting a rather large hole in something right?"

"they can?"

"... you live in zenko, as a trooper. and you're surrounded by the supernatural and the arcane on a daily basis... and your understanding of magic 'stuff' is this... menial?"

"hey i did rather well on my aptitude and understanding test. i scored a 78."

" a 78.... you do know that's not out of a hundred right?"

"what?"

"78 is below average. a score of 111 is actually average. "

"but he!""

"but he what? "

"he burst through that gate at the arena and stopped the execution of the shark"

"and?"

"that's not normal!"

"the man has a mechanical arm, a gun that shoots bats that explode, a neon blue plush mouse filled with catnip he insists on calling squeakums, and is regularly high when in the tea house... and you're expecting normal? are you high?"

"a little bit"

"seriously dude?"

"NO! "

"so..."

"i mean what are we supposed to do? the man's got a screw loose! he's fucking chaotic! and now he's talking about getting two thousand gold minimum to continue his recherche?"

"hey man what you do is you're own paraogitive, i just know i'm not screwing with a guy who has a gun that shoots exploding bats."

Jesk_levethix

• Lord Zenko/ Admin
  • Erick Mousehold
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 12:38:49 pm »
guard #5: " did ya hear where Lord Jesk Is at? "
friend of Guard 5 "no wheres he been its been a while."

G5 : " he's been at lord Ashtyn's doing some  intensive studies, word is its for a ritual the two have planed.  things dangerious magic thou so they are preparing as much as possible"

FoG5: " Why are they doing it if its dangerous. makes no seance to me."

G5 "word is Jesk fears he'll blow up like caex did if he doesn't so he's risking it to save everyone else. "

foG5 " Really thats ..um.. well good luck.. Oh its your shift. I'll see you later on"

G5 " gah it is I gotta run if I'm late i'll be cleaning the latrines for a month!"
Impossible is just a word people created so they would feel better when they quit.
So even if one can't reach perfection that doesn't mean its Impossible,It's a goal to strive for till your last breath and only reach with it

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 03:38:29 am »
Guard: Did you hear what that ringtail is trying to do now?

Mage: Oh god, she's not set up that church she was going on about has she?

Guard: Not at all... word is, she is setting up a party at Zenko sometime in the next few weeks.

Mage: Let me guess, to gather people together to preach?

Guard: Nope! She and Jay hooked up. And she wants a party to celebrate... and to be honest, with the mood around Lismore of late, I think its a great idea.

Mage: Well.. free food does sound good... but she and Jay? Sheesh, their kids are going to be nuts!

Guard: *chuckles*

Lingering Shadow

• Kata Misashi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 05:45:09 pm »
Guard 1: "Hey, since when did we have a stealth squad?"

Guard 2: "A stealth... whaa..?"

Guard 1: "I overheard that arctic fox talking about recuiting people for some stealth squad... Did we always have that?"

Guard 2: *facepalms* "No... and the 'wannabe' ninja is always speaking nonsense."

Guard 1: "But what if he actually pulls this off? To think the Zenko... full of ninj.."

Guard 2: "Don't say it!"

Guard 1: "What!? I'll be cool! Wouldn't you think?"

Guard 2: *rolls his eyes* "No."

Feame Yalin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 10:24:40 am »
'ok, I think things are getting a little wierd, now....'

"...This should be good.  What, now?"

'Get this, I heard Sir Rose is getting involved with city business.'

"It seems he wants to be called by his first name.  Feame.  And what are you rambling about?"

'Julian.  The guy with the large bounty?  He's been slipping out of Zenko at all hours of the morning, and night....I hear he's been trying to find the guy.  find out where he's hiding, or maybe find out who he's got captive....ya know...if they're still alive.'

"...OK, he don't talk to us much, but even I know that's just crazy talk.  The guy wouldn't get involved with something that doesn't effect the Zenko.  I mean, he's always preaching about 'The Zenko is my first priority' and all....why would he want anything to do with this mess?  From the rumors alone, I don't want to have anything to do with it...."

'Yea....but it's not the first time he's gotten involved.  like the jail break a long time ago?  And the the fight that had that guy put away, even before that?  Back when he first showed up?  It's been a long time since he's done that kind of thing....Maybe he's getting restless.'

"Restless...yea....we're talking about a guy who goes to the forest so he don't hurt anyone while training.  A guy who's so tough, newcommers are getting his signature by trying to land a single effective hit on him.  And there's already been a few walk away after giving up.  I think his training keeps him busy enough..."

'....If you say so.  Still, Think about it....everyone is scared of that Julian guy....and Feame is one of the toughest guys around....Sure he gets beat up a lot by some of our better fighters....but he's also the sort that don't know when to give up.  Maybe I'm wrong, but seeing those two go at it....would be fun, right?'

"Yea, and if he got himself killed, Jesk would be pissed.  Not to mention everyone else who keeps following him around."

'I know....still....we haven't seen any real action in ages.  I like to think about this kind of thing.'

"Think about your job, and worry about keeping an eye out for trouble....daydreamer...."

'...boreing....'

Jay Voncloud

• Loverble Mana Currupted fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 07:09:13 am »
"So tommorows their big day huh?"
"Yeah, you seen the crates and barrels, maaan its going to be a big party.."
"You Worried?"
"Worried?"
"yeah, i mean, big party, lots of people, doesnt that seem like an invitation?"
"Ah, i see what you mean..but then..with the amount of people that could be there..anyone would be stupid to try"
"Or Crazy..."
"That too, well, good for them 2 i think, for not letting anything stop them"
"not sure if thats determination or crazyness on their part though..."

Jesk_levethix

• Lord Zenko/ Admin
  • Erick Mousehold
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 05:30:10 pm »
Guard: did you hear about the ritual last night.. word is Jesk never came back out of the cave with Lord Ashtyn, Feame  and that bunny"

Cook: what? you know I didn't see lord Jesk come in for breakfast you don't suppose he...."

Guard : The ground did rumble last night late.. and things feel.. off here"

Cook: now that you mention it...

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 02:54:05 am »
Guard 1: Sheesh, I kinda feel sorry for that red fennec.

Guard 2: Why?

Guard 1: She's always...sad, lately. Her tail never wags, her ears are always down and she looks really unhappy.

Guard 2: And why should we care? You know what she does, right?

Guard 1: Aye, aye. 'S just that ever since she had to use that cane she's become a right mess and it's gotten worse since her miscarriage. I haven't seen her mate around either, and just last night she was dragged into the barracks by that Ki'wergawk fella, drunk out of her mind. Girl made quite a racket. I dunno... Maybe her mate left her?

Guard 2: Mngh...I suppose there might be something to worry about then.

Guard 1: Yeah. I can imagine the Zenko life isn't doing her any good either, she should be discharged until she's settled her problems.

Guard 2: Maybe. Talk to an officer, see what they think.

Guard 1: ...Yeah, I will.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:57:30 am by Tenaar Feiri »