Author Topic: Forgecat For Sale  (Read 9380 times)

Caex

• Magetech Engineer
    • View Profile
Forgecat For Sale
« on: April 20, 2012, 12:15:39 am »
Yuri Tesla, Svetlana's forgecat and lismore's very own Awkward OCD blacksmith, has been put up for sale in the city of lismore. the reasons for his sale are not listed, his price however is, as well as a rather large "owners manual" for the fanatical feline. Yuri has sense been locked away in the slave pens in the market pending his official sale. the forgecat himself seems to be no worse for ware and can easily be seen entering a routean of standing in place for several hours a day waiting, sleeping in the corner of his cell, and eating a small meal every so often. yuri's possessions, or rather tools and equipment have been fastened away in a trunk with a clockwork lock bolted onto it pending his sale.

fawn

• My name is Fawn. I'm a deer.
    • View Profile
    • Che Monro
Re: Forgecat For Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 02:34:19 am »
So how much are they asking? And is he new or used?
Bamika Easterman

Caex

• Magetech Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 04:14:59 am »
asking price was around 1000 times what he was purchased for, which was 20 gold coins, so his price was 20,000 gold. yuri was purchased by the wolf river.

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 06:17:32 pm »
Uh..... let me point everybody towards our little RP Economy guidelines chart thingie... http://sculptyworks.com/lismore/index.php?topic=27.0
I'm not sure Yuri is worth as much as a sailing ship, Caex, as talented as he might be!

Naurel Chronos

• Nau
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 08:56:00 pm »
considering it just says 'expensive' .......
Shape-shifter extraordinaire: Because one color is fine, but one form is just silly

Caex

• Magetech Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 01:57:23 am »
you know i knew i was doing my math wrong somewhere >< right ammend that >.>

Lycanthrope

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 11:30:46 am »
 In Roman times the gold coin in use was called the Aureus your avrage slave wasnt even worth one of these, a big house in the country might be worth 5000 a roman trimerine(the high end of roman battleships) cost about 40,000 of them, the sale records of some very high end slaves reached into the 100,000+ Aureus area

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 12:12:33 pm »
Caex can, of course, list Yuri for however much he wants, but that I know of, the only people around who could afford that price without ruining themselves financially would be Ash, Relina, Ursa, Valencia, and Xela; I'm probably forgetting some rich merchant character or prince we have around, but 20,000 gold is completely out of reach for the average character. Even the well-to-do characters would struggle with that amount. That's a price for the notably rich only!

Caex

• Magetech Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 02:48:01 pm »
like i said, math error >.>

Lingering Shadow

• Kata Misashi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 03:02:00 pm »
*gives a shiny penny for the forgecat*  ;D