Author Topic: Happy Birthday to Lismore!  (Read 4171 times)

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday to Lismore!
« on: July 01, 2019, 07:26:56 pm »
This year, Lismore turns 11!

Not bad for something that started out simply as a place for a few friends to hang out, then evolved into structured RP!

First it was just some friends RPing with me in my land. Then we opened the doors and it became a bunch of folks RPing with us, some came to stay, some just passed by, and over the years we've seen all sorts of ups and downs, and I tell you, there were quite a few trials! Like the economical crashes both in SL and RL that made paying tier a pain, but we got through, often with the help and support of our members! And then there were the bitter jerks whom we welcomed in our midst and often went beyond the call of duty to accommodate them, just for them to turn around and try to sully our name because they couldn't follow rules and ended up banned, then went on spreading false rumors and lies about us to scare others away. And on a minor note, dealing with all the SL changes and glitches here and there. And the character cards of people who don't get why their character can't have time travel as a power... Sometimes running a RP can be tough!

But the ups more than make up for any of that nuisance. Bad people are not worth losing sleep over. And patience and innovation and versatility help us endure and persevere against technical adversities. I can personally say during our time online I have met some of the greatest people ever, of such talent and creativity and imagination that's worthy of renown! Some of the folks I have met in Lismore have become some of the dearest people in my life, and I'm grateful for that!

So let's keep on having fun! Thank you all who are RPing with us, whether you're new or a veteran, thank you!   ❤

Happy birthday to Lismore!    🍺  🎂

kenneth cale

• ^_^
  • Hey. <3
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday to Lismore!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 07:32:12 pm »
Happy birthday, Lismore! I am basically retired from roleplay but I still remember you fondly. You provided some of the finest moments of my life.
Need a hug? :D

Aryn Gentlepaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 09:02:58 pm »
Happy Birthday to Lismore!

Lismore has been my home and safe haven for years now, and I met and made many good friends here. I can definitely say it has been, and still is, an integral part of my life. So thank you for all the experiences we had together, and I hope there will be many more to come :)

*dispenses kitty hugs to everyone*
Heaven starts with a smile :)

Ani

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Master of Bugcats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 11:20:24 pm »
Lismore is the place where I first took on significant responsibility and came to feel like I could work to create things that people could enjoy, and has made many hard days and nights over the years better, as well as not only creating many deep friendships for me, but even introducing me to the love of my life.

Here's to many more years.

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 12:31:26 pm »
Happy birthday to my favorite place in all of SL! I love the stories, events, memories and friends made over in Lismore. Here is hoping that we shall have many more of those over the next couple of years. :)
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.