Author Topic: Background of the various factions  (Read 3720 times)

Lasvannon

• Virtuoso
    • View Profile
    • Its All A Dream
Background of the various factions
« on: October 05, 2016, 02:12:22 am »
Hi there! Me again!

I was wondering if someone could just fill in a few blanks for me.

What is the culture types behind the Steel Isles and the Crimson Empire? Are they feudal knights? Are they Japanese samurai? Are they egyptian themed or vikings? I just kinda need to know a theme for them so in the future if i build a character from those places it will fit in and have some of the cultural nuances as well.
"Come sing with me my pretties, come dance with me my lovelies, join in the ecstasy of Lasvannon Tol'Quiss"

Ani

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Master of Bugcats
    • View Profile
Re: Background of the various factions
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 09:49:17 am »
Well, both nations have a pretty unique culture.

Stylistically, the Crimson Empire is fairly European in the design of it's weapons, armor and structures. They live in a very cold part of the skylands, so heavy clothing is pretty common. That being said, even though a lot of the society functions according to their cultural basis, they hold quite a premium on honor.

The Steel Isles are of a more Nodric influence. Wisdom is still valued there, but strength and prowess almost a bit more so. Their lands are fairly hot, and they share it with quite a number of feral and non-feral dragons, which are a deep part of their culture.