Author Topic: ♆ The Untold Chapter  (Read 6627 times)

Ani

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Master of Bugcats
    • View Profile
♆ The Untold Chapter
« on: March 19, 2016, 07:42:12 am »
The more curious of the library's visitors may notice a book placed on the front desk, clearly in the process of being investigated and referenced. Most of the book is in an ancient, incomprehensible language, but marked is a particular passage of more modern tongue, though of peculiar dialect.

Ekess morshin ekess wer realm di demons ir zklaen tepoha fogah rasvimi.

To cross to the realm of demons one must have three treasures. ~ Xela

I' yeste' harma risa e' an yaara taure. beware ta's yen n'ner tira.

The first treasure lies in an ancient forest, beware it's ageless guardians along it's second line. ~Aloli

Swy zypafk ef o hdopy ab rlyos pafbdeps, erfalyk xu swazy qwa'z tefkz oly pafzityk xu qol.

The second in a place of great conflict, ignored by those who's minds are consumed by war.  - Simon

Ul laukav shal ij tok burnun avo iav'uk foundaavionuk afar ij greaav lighav. 

The last in a land burned to its foundations by a great light. ~ Navaru

Magno cum colliguntur iecit quasi herba aperietur fatorum viam.

Great power follows the plant that opens a way of fate. ~ Yuna

The above passages may be translated by characters who are able - below are links leading to the translators I used. If you play a character carded to be capable of translating similar language, please feel free to post the translation, indicating which line you are translating for and which character did it. This would be a task that Abbadon, the head librarian, has advertised requesting help with.

http://arryhenrae.tripod.com/ - Demonic language dialect.
The final passage is in latin.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 01:37:34 am by Ani »

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
Re: ♆ The Untold Chapter
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 05:03:56 pm »
[A note written in poor handwriting but bearing the old Phoenix seal, this translation is from Xela]

The text seems draconic, might need someone better at writing words to sort it out. I think the text:
Ekess morshin ekess wer realm di demons ir zklaen tepoha fogah rasvimi.

translates to:
to cross to the realm of demons one must have three treasures.

Asha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 05:05:29 pm »
Aloli recognizes a passage in the old book as she does her daily tasks through the library, posting a note scribbled "The first treasure lies in an ancient forest, beware it's ageless guardians" along it's second line.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:10:13 pm by Ani »

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 06:46:03 pm »
<A note from Princess Yuna Fu Sheng.>

I have been able to make an approximate translation of the Latin phrase at the end, though without knowing the remaining phrases in full it is difficult to translate it correctly.

Presently the rough translation is: "Great power follows the plant that opens a way of fate."

Let me know when the rest is translated and we should be able to piece together a proper Latin phrase.

~ Yuna Fu Sheng

MysticLancer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 07:22:35 pm »
Dr. Versthaler would leave a note translating the demonic passage Swy zypafk ef o hdopy ab rlyos pafbdeps, erfalyk xu swazy qwa'z tefkz oly pafzityk xu qol.

- The second in a place of great conflict, ignored by those who's minds are consumed by war.

Aryn Gentlepaw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 01:02:09 am »
Navaru Sil'Dur would leave a note stating: I recognized one of the languages used as Orcish. We have good relationships to them on Caradon, my homeworld, so I sent that phrase to back home and had them translate it for me. The result would be:

Ul laukav shal ij tok burnun avo iav'uk foundaavionuk afar ij greaav lighav = The last in a land burned to its foundations by a great light

PS: Probably referring to a desert
Heaven starts with a smile :)

Ani

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Master of Bugcats
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 01:42:33 am »
With the information provided, Abbadon has a suspicion of where the treasures described in the passage might be found.

He has noted that the erratic translation structure and some of the other languages are reminiscent of material recovered from and used in the mission against Doncoutle.

He believes that the subject should be discussed further, and would like any final thoughts or opinions on the book, passage or translations before bringing it up for discussion with the council.