Author Topic: Nova's Random Stuff.  (Read 15201 times)

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
Nova's Random Stuff.
« on: June 29, 2015, 05:11:15 am »
I'm just gonna copy the Bossfox here and post stuff randomly about things that hold my interest and all...and what better way to start of then to go about the newest addition to my Transformers collection.

I've been a Transformers Fan since the very beginning, before there was school, there were Transformers (particularly those of my elder brothers), it's something that has always been part of my life. Throughout the years I've gotten or bought figures, though I didn't start to really collect them since the last decade or so...moving to my own place and such really kickstarted it too, more room for display. I collect both old and new, more so figures that hold my personal interest rather then everything that there is to collect.

This here is my latest addition that arrived this morning, a re-release of Trypticon, a Transformer that hasn't seen a re-release in the Western half since it's original release back in 1986. This one has been om my Want List since the first time I laid eyes upon him, but even after I started collecting he always eluded me, most often the ones I would find would be in poor condition or incomplete, and it's accessories usually rank up a high price as well which just wasn't worth it. But early this year it was announced that he would get a re-release and I made sure to save up money and pre-order him as soon as I could....finally, he arrived here today, I am not disappointed :D

"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Nova's Random Stuff.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 04:08:00 pm »
Look at that box art!! I thought all toys nowadays were all pacifist... Here they don't even show guns of any kind on the artwork!  ;)

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 04:11:35 pm »
Look at that box art!! I thought all toys nowadays were all pacifist... Here they don't even show guns of any kind on the artwork!  ;)
Well this is the US version :P Well, US/Canada (hence the three languages of English, Spanish and France, if it was EU it would have had German and Italian too), so if it's in stores, you'd see that same art :P

Difference is, these are robots, not humans, different censorship applies there (AKA little to none)
"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 10:33:01 am »
Alrighty, I'm back with another Transformers bit, this time about the significant changes I put one of my figures through. Now normally I do not really buy sticker upgrade sets for my figures but with this figure I simply had to make an exception because it improved him so much. Upgrade kits I get really and only if I find that they really improve the figure....both were obvious here.

Introducing Combiner Wars, Leader Class, Megatron. This figure has been out for a while now and I got him when he first came out because I really needed a Megatron in my collection, one that did not transform into a gun like most of his toy incarnations, official and third party, seem to have him do. For me, a tank has always been a more ideal choice for him.

As you can see, he is primarily metallic gray with black and mostly red high lighting, in itself it is a great figure with a superb tank mode, but I did found him to be a bit...bland, as the metallic gray really was too prominent.

And down below is Megatron again, this time I have applied the Reprolables upgrade set on him, which took me a few ours to do because of little stickers and also needing the patience to get them just right. I had to use tweezers to apply them and a cotton tip to gently brush them onto the plastic once they were in the right position...this is a tedious task, especially with the more smaller stickers...though ultimately, it was well worth the effort. As you can see, the stickers really break up the constant metallic gray as well as adding in a lot more detail that was previously lacking.

Finally we come to the newest and last addition, the DX9 Upgrade Kit which adds bigger feet leg guards, articulated hands, an addition muzzle for the cannon and a cannon for on the back of his right arm to mimic his iconic gunbarrel look that his original incarnation had.  It's a great looking kit, and the larger feet definitely makes him a lot more stable. I was pleasantly surprised with the main cannon add-on as the missile can still be shot through it so it remains fully functional. Though I will admit...the hand replacing was tedious due to the location of the lower arm's screwhole and needing to use the weapon's port on his arm and bending the arm guard ever so slightly to reach the screw. That is not something I like doing due to fear of warping, or worse, breaking the plastic. I also had wished the cannon on the back of the arm rather snapped onto the backpack threads, so that the arm was still completely freely movable, rather then plugging it into a screwhole on the back of the upper arm where it is now somewhat limited.

Still, all in all, he looks great and I consider him to be finally done and fully decked out, he can now go back onto my shelf and stand with the others.

Lycanthrope

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 12:23:55 pm »
I rember when megatron turned into a gun, and he was cool

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 12:32:12 pm »
Random video about a random fire, I was bored, sue me. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Eg7r0wmUP0

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 09:01:03 pm »
About an hour ago (of posting this message), I heard a loud thud/voom sound, looking about, I ended up finding out that a car was on fire further down the street. Naturally I called the emergency center to inform them....and naturally I took pictures.

As well as a brief video, not long enough to see it put out sadly, my phone's battery was low: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfciypuoqhfxpdn/MOV_0079.mp4?dl=0

Now mind you, things like this practically never happen here, this is the first time I've ever seen this happen as well as this close by my place. I suspect foul play, considering it happened around 5 AM in the morning and cars do not combust like that on their own.

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 03:52:28 am »
Now that's unusual!

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 09:51:26 am »

Drubunneh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 01:04:17 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EBfxjSFAxQ :D This would be my response

0118 999 881 999 119 725.....................3

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 04:13:20 am »
A package arrived today, and among it's contents was this little head of a Terminator, courtesy of Xela.

Now I have always been a fan of the Terminator franchise, it's movies and it's comics and the Endoskeleton that the Terminators have was always something that badly creeped me out when I was a kid, it is after all, a mechanical skeleton and not a friendly looking one either. Of course, when growing up that creepiness reduced and I have always wanted to have one of those really detailed figures of an Endoskeleton, and I will sometime. But this is something nice to keep that need sated for now.

A big thanks to Xela for sending this to me!

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 07:05:51 am »
Lookie what arrived today, Penformers! So small (they're literally pensized) but such amazing articulation and very expressive. As you can see I had some fun with taking these pictures.

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 09:36:05 am »
I still live!

I realize I have been silent for a while, as well as that I have not been around a lot, if at all, on SL. I'm dealing with lack of motivation and other problems that simply prevent me from going on SL and enjoying RP there and what not. It's a phase, it will pass and I will be active again sometime soon.

In other news, Fallout 4 was released today and I've long ago pre-ordered the Collector's Edition which arrived today, so I felt the need to show it off to you guys with some snazzy pictures.

This thing is fairly big, in fact I was surprised at how big the container for the Pipboy was (for those who don't know what a Pipboy is, it is an in-game device that serves as the players menu for status, map, equipment and whatnot), the Pipboy itself is decently sized too, it even fits around my wrist and I have thick wrists (watches are a pain for me)

The container and the Pipboy are made out of solid plastic, though I will say that the container is a wee bit flimsy, particularly the lid, but nothing that I would be too worried about. The Pipboy itself is nice and solid with buttons that you can twist and turn, though they serve no purpose....aside from the power button with turns on two orange LED lights when pushed on. You can also fit a smartphone into the case by opening the main lid of the Pipboy (by unlatching it and then pushing down the part that is aboe where the latch was), while my Sony Xperia Z3 fits neatly into it, it is not proper fit as the foam fittings are more so intended for a variety of iPhones and Samsung Galaxies as they are the more common smartphones out there lately.
Along with the Pipboy app (and readjusting the screen to fit within the open window of the Pipboy) you can actually make the Pipboy be functional, connect it to your game (be it PC, PS4 or Xbox1) and use the Pipboy's menus and maps while you can keep playing the game. It is a neat function, but not one that I will be personally using, fact is, the Pipboy is still a hunk of plastic around your arm and....well that's really cumbersome for gaming lol. Still it is a neat feature, but my Pipboy will be standing on a shelf....once I make some room for it.

Here is a link to the video I made showcasing the Pipboy in acting along with a picture slide show, some of the pictures you will also found down below in this post. ;D
(Also sorry about the lower quality of the video, I would have recorded it with my phone, but it was inside the Pipboy. XD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6_R2mmibBM

Drubunneh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 10:47:03 am »
Super cool hon!

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2015, 08:28:12 am »
Good to hear that you are still around, Nova. Lismore will be there for you once the phase passes. Looking forward to play some more with you in the future and I bet the same holds true for many others around here.

That PipBoy is a nice collectible. I like that they went creative with the collector's edition goodies. Enjoy your journey to the Boston wasteland. And while you do, I hope you get hungry for more RP Lismore style. ;)
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.