Author Topic: Guard Reports  (Read 10685 times)

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Guard Reports
« on: May 16, 2015, 09:22:05 pm »
This is a thread for internal Guard reports that don't warrant creating their own threads about. Post here whenever a guard character has to make a report whether to their superiors or for the record.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 07:28:18 pm by Ashtyn »

Foxxian

• View Profile
Interrogation of the Dead
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 09:41:05 pm »
Guardsman Riven would report on the events that took place in the infirmary, of the interrogation of the deceased brigand found at the abduction site of the Prince, Patrick Fletcher Fu Sheng.

It was learned the dead brigand was named Ethan, and that he was supposedly the diplomat of the group. 

Present during the interrogation were:

The empress herself: Ewyllyn Fu Sheng

The necromancer Navaru

Witness: Ausar Valiant

And of course Doctor and Guardsman Riven De'Solvis

Guardsman River took notes of the following:

[17:43] Ewyllyn Fu Sheng approaches the infirmary door, knocks a couple of times on it and then just opens it to enter the facilities.

[17:46] Riven: is standing at the exam table, a body beneath a cloth resting up on it.. He had yet to get started his examination of the body, not even having removed the arrows from it.  He perks an ear at the knock and glances over as the door is merely opened nd the empress walks in.  He raises his brows and turns to her, and bows slightly, "Empress.. what brings you to the infirmary today?"  He wonders, head tilting.. he had never met her, but he certainly knew who she was!

[17:48] Ausar Valiant follows the empress inside, giving a polite now and a smile to Riven, the nice doctor who was also with the city guard. "A good day to you." He positions himself in one corner of of the way of the others, but still in a good place to observe.

[17:50] Navaru enters the infirmary and looks around. It smelled a bit like in his laboratory. Alchemy, bodies in various states of decay... well.. almost decay. He bows slightly to the doctor who is present "Greetings...." and would then motion to the Empress to make necessary introductions and explain why they were here.

[17:52] Ewyllyn Fu Sheng nods curtly at the civet. "I am here to oversee an interrogation of the dead man lying on your table there." she says to him. "Would you mind removing the cover?" Maybe it's not strictly needed for this procedure, but she still wants to see the face of one of the men who abducted her grandson. "This is Navaru and Ausar. Ausar is our witness and Navaru, I'm sure you already know why he's here."

[17:57] Riven: listens as she explains and he looks a bit surprised once more and glances at Navaru.. he was rather up on who was who around Lismore.  He turns his attention back to the empress and nods slightly.  "I see."  He replies and the nods, "Yes, empress."  He replies and turns a bit, reaching for the cloth and pulling it away.  On the table rest a mutt of some kind, a bit on the scruffy side, though it was clear he tried keeping himself clean, despite the flea bitten ears.. He looked in his late twenties, and was dressed simply enough for a brigand.  "I had just been about to start my examination of the body.  But you are of course welcome to it."  The feline says, eyeing the arrows a moment that still riddled the front of the corpse.

[17:58] Ausar Valiant nods over to Riven, offering an encouraging smile: "We hope to able to learn more about the whereabouts of the missing prince and the nature of his abductors." Then he confines himself to the role of silent witness, unless someone asks for his assistance.

[18:03] Navaru would nod sagely to what the others said and then approach the table, looking down at the body before him. "Doctor, I am aware that this might evoke resentment in you, but let me assure you that I will treat the body and spirit of this man with the respect it deserves." He reaches into a pouch on his belt and takes some ash like substance from it. It was a mixture of incineration ash from a body, some alchemical additions and a good dose of necrotic essence. The jackal leaned over the corpse then and started drawing strange symbols on his forehead and over his heart.

[18:04] Ewyllyn Fu Sheng nods at Riven. "And you will be allowed to carry on your examination of the body when we are done." And then maybe he'll get a burial. Unless she decides to give his body for the interns to play around with after all. "You're a guard, yes? We will need this interrogation on record."

[18:08] Riven: tosses Ausar a friendly smile and slight wave, though his attention was mostly on what was going on with the empress, though he turns his attention to the necromancer and he gives him an assuring smile.  "Your work does not bother me, priest."  He says, respect in his tone, and he looks to the body a moment.  "Let me remove the arrows.. or most of them.. will make working with it a bit easier, and may alarm the spirit less?"  He offers, and looks to the empress.  "Your grandson has quite the talent with the bow, your highness.. from my first look over of the body, several of the arrows nearly went through him.. even poked through the back of the poor dog.. its no wonder he was left behind.."  He comments, and turns to see what Navaru is up to, as he nods to what the empress says, "I am indeed a city guard as well, your highness.. I will make full record of what goes on in this room."  He assures.

[18:11] Ausar Valiant steps a little closer to better see what exactly Navaru does to the corpse. As morbid as the situation may could seem to some, Ausar looks largely unaffected, mostly just displaying curiosity for the ritual taking place in front of his eyes.

[18:13] Navaru smiles softly to Riven and nods "I would recommend of leaving them stuck in his chest. It will help remind the spirit that he is dead and that what lies broken and battered before him... is not he anymore. It may help him transition easier after we questioned him. About that..." He would address the others briefly. "I shall bring the realm of the spirits to this place, so not only I can speak to him and understand what he says. That way you can all interact with him and ask questions. (Also to involve you guys more and make this easier ;) ). He would then continue with his preparations, but add to Riven "Doctor, I would suggest you prepare the patients and your assistants. Have them stay at the upper levels of the infirmary please. It is for their own safety."

[18:20] Ewyllyn Fu Sheng nods at at Riven. "Good, then prepare to do so." she says. She's pretty curt today, obviously. And she nods at Navaru next. "Whatever you think is best, Navaru."

[18:23] Riven: nods to what Navaru says and he looks to the stairs a moment.. a couple of the assistants of the infirmary were there, watching wide eyed in alarm at the sight of the necromancer.  The feline moves over, and steps up the stairs a moment, urging the pair up stairs and there he speaks with them briefly, instructing them to remain upstairs, and to keep them selves calm, and those who were in their care calm during what was goign to go on.  Once he had made it clear, he makes his way back down stairs, and stands at the end of the exam table, waiting and watching.

[18:25] Ausar Valiant watches the events unfold, offering in a soft voice: "If you need a hand with anything, let me know, Navaru."

[18:30] Navaru nods in acknowledgment to the Empress. "Yes, Empress... I shall." He gives Riven a grateful smile and waits until he returns before wiping his fingers at a piece of cloth and steps back a bit. "I ll be fine Ausar, but... keep an eye on our surroundings. If you spot something trying to claw its way into our dimension here... politely shove it back to where it came from. By all means necessary." He waits another moment and then raises his arms, focusing the body on the table. "By the powers vested in me by my Lord Anubis, I call upon the realms of eternal mist, that harbor a stray soul, one I call to me from beyond the grave." The lights in the room would flicker and most likely go out, and suddenly greenish mist would well up from the ground and flood against the walls like a sickly wave of death.

[18:36] Ewyllyn Fu Sheng meanwhile simply observes.

[18:37] Riven: remains quiet as the ritual begins and he feels a slight shiver, as the green mist fills the room.  He shifts a little, and then folds his arms over his chest as he tilts his head, keeping a close eye on things.

[18:39] Ausar Valiant looks alarmed when Navaru mentions beings from another realm clawing their way into this reality. There is an odd expression on his muzzle when the jackal nonchalant asks for him to shove the beasts back. He looks down at his bare paws and curses that this blades are still under construction at the blacksmith's workshop. From now onwards the foxramau scans the room for any obvious signs of an intrusion, ready to alert Navaru and the others.

[18:42]  Ethan's spirit would start with a low wailing rather typical of the dead. Navaru would have heard it countless times but it likely would be disturbing for those unused to hear the dead moan, specially because of the sorrowful and hopelessness of the tone. Wherever it's coming from, it's not a happy place!

[18:47] Navaru knows that wailing well indeed... the poor spirit would most likely come from a place within the realms of death called the Wastelands... where the desolate souls of those who lived in sin and died because of it would dwell, placed there by their own guilt and their karmic burden. The necromancer would let the spirit materialize into this room so the others could address him, while the necromancer himself would for the most part keep the link up and keep the soul in place. He d say though: "Greetings, spirit. I called you from the Deadlands because there is a way for you to redeem some of your burden that lasts so heavily upon your soul. Help us and answer their questions truthfully and the way to the afterlife shall be yours. As a priest of Anubis, I promise you that." The jackal would give a brief nod to the others that they could start with the interrogation.

[18:51] Ewyllyn Fu Sheng shudders and closes her eyes a bit at the sounds coming as the spirit is invoked! She hates this part. She really fucking hates this part. She loathes necromancy! But the gloves are off, so might as well start smacking. She begins soon as she's given the signal to start. "Spirit, I am Empress Ewyllyn Fu Sheng. Mother of Yuna Fu Sheng, and grandmother to the prince that you and your bandmates attempted, successfully I might add, to kidnap. You can start helping me out here by telling me your name. I want to know who this man is im speaking to."

[18:53] Riven: keeps an eye on the swirling mists, just incase anything else did try and enter the realm of the living.  He is clearly uneasy however, and he draws in a deep breath and grasps absently at the amulet he wore around his neck, fingering it a bit and he looks over as the spirit forms among them, ears flicking back at the noise.  He remains quiet however, letting Ewy question the ghost.

[18:55] Ausar Valiant tilts his head, listening in. It is kinda eerie to listen to a disembodied voice like that. Well, there is a body... but that one kinda started to smell despite best efforts to conserve it. His eyes wander along the walls. Good! So far no tentacles from the great beyond.

[18:57]  Ethan's spirit appears in an etherial form, not entirely defined, except for the eyes, the eyes are bright but the light that comes from them seems cold and not at all welcoming, and everywhere he stares there's that unsettling feeling of being stared at by the dead! And he speaks, the voice distant, as if coming through from a much further away place, away enough that it reverberates slightly and trails with an unsettling lag and sometimes overlap of sounds, "So cold! So cold! It's all shapes in the mist! Now so bright! Have I left the Cave?", and as Ewy spoke the spirit would turn its ghostly dead eyes to her and stare, a deeply unsettling stare straight into her soul, and after a moment he would answer, "Ethan. My name was Ethan. My name is Ethan. Ethan the diplomat. Ethan the soft heart. Ethan the one who does the talking..."

[19:00] Navaru would make a brief gesture with his hand and the symbols painted on the body would start to glow brightly as the necromantic magic flared from them. The purpose was to give Ethan's soul a feeling of peace and comfort, to make it more at ease and to help him focus. The necromancer would remain silent for now though and let Ewy do her thing.

Continued in reply...

Foxxian

• View Profile
Interrogation of the Dead CONTINUED
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 09:41:37 pm »
[19:01] Ewyllyn Fu Sheng peers at the ethereal form for a bit, listening to what it's saying. She gets that he's named Ethan, but something is clearly wrong with the reception here because must the rest of it sounds like it's not even sure of anything! She turns to Navaru. "Think you could improve the apparition enough to make some sense?" she muses before turning back to Ethan's ghost. "I need you to tell me where your friends took my grandson Patrick, Ethan. How to reach them."

[19:04] Riven: tilts his head a bit as the spirit babbles.. though he was not too surprised, since it had just been pulled from the wastes of where it was meant to wander for its sins.  He shifts a little in unease, and he tilts his head at Ewy.  "Give the spirit a little time.. it has been wandering the deadlands for a few days.. and likely to it, it has felt like years.. it is understandable that it will be disorientated.."  He informs, and looks to Navaru for confirmation.

[19:05] Ausar Valiant softly whispers a suggestion to the empress: "Perhaps you could make him remember his last moments? He doesn't quite seems to grasp his condition. Once he remembers his last moments, it possibly would all be coming back to him..."

[19:15]  Ethan's spirit keeps that unsettling stare at the empress, quiet for a while, the voice then seems to begin emerging but takes several seconds for it to form words, "The Lismorean prince! He didn't come quietly. There was a fight, then suddenly darkness, that slowly faded into light, and into the mist, gray endless mist with shapes and shadows in it...", and he would let out a probably disturbing moan as Navaru gave him some comfort with his magic.

[19:17] Navaru regards Ewy with a hard to read expression, then nods softly and steps up to the examination table, commenting briefly to Riven "That is an accurate assessment, doctor. I am impressed and surprised at your knowledge about these matters." He then places a hand on the body and looks to the spirit "Focus... remember... the life that was you, Ethan, the one you experienced before you returned to spirit form. Remember a body.. this body... your body... remember..." And with that the eyes of the jackal would briefly glow in a reddish light, and... the corpse on the table would suddenly twitch as it was briefly forced to life by the necromancer. As fast as it happened it lay still again, but the effect would be that the soul of Ethan would now remember more easily about the life that had been connected to that body of his.

[19:19] Ewyllyn Fu Sheng, meanwhile, nods at Riven and then carries on with the kind of bluntness one would expect of someone who does not master this kind of magical art. "You're dead, Ethan. Your only way of gaining peace is by helping us." she says. "Where did your friends take the prince?"

[19:24] Riven: gives a smile to the necromancer, "Why does that surprise you, priest?"  He wonders, and fiddles with the amulet idly as he listens and watches what was going on intently, taking mental notes to put into a report later..  "What are your friends' intentions with the prince?"  He asks of the spirit.

[19:24] Ausar Valiant seems oddly fascinated to see his brother-in-law in his element for the first time. He still maintains his duty of checking the room for any... intrusions from realm of the dead - other than Ethan, that is.

[19:25]  Ethan's spirit moans a little again, and grunts some as Navaru uses his powers on his dead body, and he stares at the empress, his dead eyes a little brighter now, still unpleasant to look at, but not so cold as before, and he says a little more clearly, but maybe not entirely as coherently as a living person would like, "The Lismorean prince. We are going to ambush him. Fang says we can get a hundred thousand gold coins ransom for him! I just have to keep Marquis from skinning and eating him.", and his expression turns to one of terrible distress and he wails, "I couldn't keep him safe, we will never get the money, I am dead! WhwHAaaaaahhhhHH!!"

[19:29] Navaru places a hand on the muzzle of the corpse using his necromantic arts to affect the spirit. "Shhh... calm yourself, Ethan. You lived a life of sin, but this life is over now and you have nothing to lose or fear. But... you can help ease the karmic burden placed upon your soul by helping us as best as you can. For example... where is the camp of your group located?"

[19:32] Ewyllyn Fu Sheng rubs her chin and now she worries Patrick might be in this Marquis' belly. Still, Navaru attempts to repeat the question. She steps up to the necromancer to whisper to him, "Can you 'reset' him? Maybe we can fool him into thinking we're brigand members who forgot where the campsite was..."

[19:35] Riven: listens as the ghost answers his question at least, and he frowns a bit at hearing what may happen to the young royal.  He glances at Ewy a moment when she moves over to the necromancer, but his attention returns to the ghost.  "Do you remember where your friends are camped?"  He asks, pressing the question, in hopes if it is repeated enough the ghost will get around to answering it.

[19:36] Ausar Valiant nod-nods at Navaru's and Riven's attempts: "Yes, Ethan... think about Fang and Marquis... you remember making camp with them... see the place, you helped to prepare it... look around... where is it? What can you see? Is is a long way to where you are going to capture the prince?" He only stops when he hears Ewyllyn ask for a way to 'reset' the spirit. He looks sceptically, pretty sure that it isn't as easy as that.

[19:39]  Ethan's spirit seems to answer Navaru's question ever so simply, "On the island!", and the spirit turns his attention to Ausar, answering him ever so simply as well, "On the island. There are trees, rocks, our tents..."

[19:44] Navaru says calmly to Ewy "He already is trying to help... no need for deception or... more drastic measures." He turns to the soul and asks simply "Can you describe how you can get to that island from where you took the prince?"

[19:45] Ewyllyn Fu Sheng waits then, and watches. But it's clear she's losing her patience with this thing. She's used to being able to speed things up when she interrogates people! But when this thing apparently can't be rushed, she gets pretty damn restless. So close, and yet so far.

[19:47] Riven: frowns as the spirit answers ever so vaguely and he rubs his muzzle a little.  "Ethan... how did you get to and from the island?"  He wonders, "Can your remember what island it is?  Is it small, large?"  He questions, seeing as the empress has grown restless.

[19:47] Ausar Valiant decides to keep quiet so that the ghost doesn't have it's attention divided to several questions at one time. He looks over to Ewyllyn with a caring expression. He wished he could make this easier on her.

[19:50]  Ethan's spirit answers Navaru yet again simply, "...the gryphon will take us there, and bring us back. Fang promised him the largest share of the ransom so he won't try to betray us. But I know Fang, he will kill the gryphon as soon as he gets the chance... Marquis will sport some new fancy furs then and she will bed Fang in her gratitude. The island isn't big. But it is not small. Fang didn't want a small island, says they are easy to spot."

[19:54] Navaru scritches the underside of his muzzle in thought at what the spirit tells him, and then says calmly "Very good, Ethan. The information you are giving us will be used to save a life. I can feel your heart growing lighter..." He looks back at Ewy then "Will this be enough, Empress?"

[19:58] Ewyllyn Fu Sheng nods softly. "I think I know where it is..." she says. "You keep him bound until we have recovered Patrick, then release him." And she turns to Ethan. "Forgive us, Ethan, for your suffering will last a little while longer yet. Do you mean the gryphons here in Lismore? Which direction would the camp be from here?"

[20:00] Ausar Valiant offers an idea: "Ask him how long the Gryphon takes for the flight from the isle to Lismore?"

[20:01] Riven: tilts his head a bit at the information and considers a moment.  "There are not many islands large enough, yet small enough, to support a small forest.. finding it may be easy, knowing the size and such.. the only issues I see is actually approaching the islands unnoticed to search them.."  He muses, and regards the spirit a moment.. "May need to find someone who is able to go unnoticed rather well..."

[20:05]  Ethan's spirit seems not to like what he hears from the empress. So much so that his eyes turn a distinct yet faint shade of red, and he says in an unmistakably angry tone, "You said you would give me peace!". The temperature in the room would drop noticeably as the spirit gets upset as well, and by now he has another issue and ignores the questions.

[20:09] Navaru sighs and then says to Ewylynn "It would serve no purpose to keep him bound until Patrick is rescued. We wanted to gain insight into the location of the camp where the prince is held, and he gave us that. The rest your capable agents and scouts can certainly find out on their own. It is time to give him peace." He makes a calming gesture to Ethan. "You shall have peace, Ethan. Just understand that they are concerned about the prisoner."

[20:16] Ewyllyn Fu Sheng narrows her eyes at the spirit. "You shall have your peace when I have my grandson back." she tells the thing, pretty firmly too. "The sooner you tell us where is this island, or the quickest way to get there, the sooner you will rest. We'll even bury you, give you a nice -- if brief ceremony." And she gives Navaru a look. "I know you're the necromancer, but it's my experience that I tend to get disappointed when I take someone just by their word. I am not willing to risk even the slightest possibility that this... man... might be able to deceive you and lie to us all so we'll send him on his way to eternal rest. You send him there and it turns out he was lying to us, it'll be your responsibility to bring him back from his rest, and I recall you said that was pretty painful. You make your choice here, I have gotten what I needed." She turns to Riven. "Send word to the guard to prepare a small strike force and deploy the scouts. Find the camp and recover Patrick by any means necessary. I would prefer his

[20:16] Ewyllyn Fu Sheng  captors alive, but the rescue party is authorized to dispatch any and all opposition however they see fit." Then she turns to Ausar. "And I'm told you have a good way with animals, so you can go talk to the gryphons, see if they can show you the way."

[20:21] Riven: frowns a bit at Ewy.. she seems more inclined to punish the spirit right now.  He keeps his remark to himself however, though he dose not agree in keeping the spirit.. since he was already dead, and had no reason to lie to them.. He nods slightly and then frowns at hearing that she wanted scounts sent out.  "Empress.. sending a group out searching may put your grandson at risk.. The brigands may be watching the skys quite closely.."  He tells her, "Id suggest sending one person.. Maybe someone with the ability to be stealthy, and go unnoticed by the brigands.. one person is likely to not alarm them too much to take hasty action if they get noticed.."  He tells her, "but I will indeed inform my superior, and file a report of what went on here.."  He assures her.

[20:24] Ausar Valiant ponders, thinking out loud: "Gryphons still come and go in between the main isle and the temple. So everything easily visible from those can be ruled out. Since it is likely that the campsite has a fire it probably won't be an isle to close below or next to us. So most likely we are looking at a hideout on an small, yet not tiny isle with a small patch of trees or even forest above the temple isle." And he smiles at the empress: "Sure, animals and I tend to be good friends. I'll talk to them, see if they have ideas of what isles to approach. I only hope the traitor grypphon is not one of them."

[20:27]  Ethan's spirit says in still a darker voice than before as his mood was altered and will take a while to recover, "You should be concerned. Without me there Fang will show no restrain, he doesn't value life or one's well-being! Would surprise me if he remembers to feed the prince! Marquis is mad and kills on impulse. The ocelot and the gryphon are new additions, I don't know their whims, but the longer the prince is in their hands the less chance he has to come out unharmed, or even alive!"; by the end of his sentence his voice was softening again and the red glow on his eyes had disappeared.... until Ewy speaks to him again. His voice turns even deeper, and he moves closer to the empress, looming rather menacingly, the eyes having gone dark now, "The dead do not suffer the living to tell them what to do."

[20:32] Navaru would nod sagely "The doctor is right... he is already dead and the only thing he cares for is closure. And with him assisting us like he did... he just did that. And freed himself in the process. So my decision is to do my duty as a priest and lead his soul to the afterlife. Opening the door so to say. And he helped us greatly. We now know what happened, why they took him and what they are hoping for, and the names of possibly the leaders of that bandit group. I d say, this granted us a lot of answers." He turns to the spirit then. "Enough, Ethan. If you were the diplomat and the most soft spoken of the group, certainly you ll understand her anger, as it is her grandson that was taken." He reaches out for the spirit and pulls him back towards his body and away from Ewyllyn." Now... if there is nothing more you wish to add. then you are free to go, Ethan. When you return to the Deadlands, this time you ll find a portal among the bones and tombstones littering the place. It will lead you on to the afterlife."

[20:33] Ewyllyn Fu Sheng isn't magical at heart anyway! Closest thing she gets to that is putting gemstones in her sword and swinging it around. It honestly should come as no surprise that the very much non-magical empress with a commoner background, doesn't have the patience nor reason to take anything for good fish without doing a first-hand inspection of it first. She already doesn't trust this magic to begin with after all! "Look, Guardsman Riven, the point is to get an overview of the situation. Scout, scouts-- I don't mess with that stuff. I have faith in that the guard knows how to best handle the situation but however it's done, I want to know where they are, and I want Patrick recovered as soon as possible." And then she glares back at the spirit again. "Oh piss off. You haven't been dead for nearly long enough to even use that threat... But thank you for your cooperation nonetheless." And she waves her paw a bit. "Fine, send him on his way, Navaru..." She really hates talking to the dead.

[20:37] Riven: tilts his head at the empress and he bows slightly, "Of course, Empress.. I will talk to the Lt. about the best course of action."  He replies, and then watches as Navaru deals with the dead.

[20:38] Ausar Valiant looks around: "Once the ritual is concluded I will head to the gryphon station and have a word with them. I'll stop by the guard house to share my findings."

[20:44]  Ethan's spirit seemed like he was about to in fact attack Ewy, but Navaru pulls his noob spirit back with no problems. He calms down almost instantly as the necromancer arranges for him to head into a better afterlife, and while he answers with a mere grunt, Navaru would know he is grateful. And the ghostly apparition begins to face in thin air...

[20:48] Navaru would watch his soul depart, before making a gesture over the body of the man. The symbols drawn on its forehead and chest would briefly burst into green flames and then die down. And afterwards... the body was lifeless and cleansed. The necromancer turns tot he others and wipes over his eyes in a tired gesture. "It is done."

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Azun'el, Jo'el, and Aevel
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 04:45:25 am »
((This report would be filed by Rainer Boss to his superiors))

The Lismorean Guard (Rainer) was approached by a female called Eva, coming from the Temple, to make a report on an incident that took place in the city's arena earlier that day.

According to Eva, another female named Aevel, and the foxramau Ausar Valiant, someone under the name of Azun'el (description below) approached Aevel in the arena's spectators area, grabbed her and demanded information concerning the new recruit Jo'el. Such grab is hereby listed as a form of considerable physical assault, because at the time Aevel was much smaller than a person's normal height (about the size of a small bird), and could easily have been crushed to death with a single strong squeeze of one's hand!

Aevel admitted to being familiar with Jo'el, and that she believes is the reason why she was targeted by Azun'el, as there were others around.

Jo'el then arrived, at which point Aevel was released from Azun'el's grasp. Jo'el and Azun'el then proceeded to get into a fight, from which  Azun'el reportedly disappeared with an 'explosion'.

Aevel was treated for bruising varying from light to mild by Ausar Valiant at the Temple Island.

Eva submitted the following note with a description of Azun'el:

(Seen 7/19/2015)

*A scribbled down note using shorthand events to describe the situation*

Threatening life of Aevel, looking for Jo'al
Conflict at upper level of city arena
Canine
White and black fur
Violet glowing eyes
Glowing rune on muzzle
Black and grey hair
Black armor
Two swords

Aevel said she may be found at the Temple for the time being, in case she is needed for further inquiring.

It is this guard's recommendation that a warrant be put out for Azun'el, wanted for physical assault and disorderly behavior, and that Jo'el should be questioned about his involvement in this matter.

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Reports
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 04:36:05 pm »
(( This report would be filed as an addendum to the previous report. ))

Upon further investigation and questioning of Jo'al on Lt. Solis' request, guardsman Ifrit Rousseau documents that Azun'el comes from a place named 'Velidére' and appears to be a creature that hunts Jo'al's kind. He is likely not using his real name.
Judging by the original report, Azun'el should be considered volatile and dangerous, liable to-- and capable of causing considerable harm to civilians who may not be cooperative with him.

Jo'al implies that Azun'el may have 'snapped' and is therefore mentally unstable. Extreme caution is advised. Jo'al is advised not to engage the perpetrator, for his own safety's sake.

Further details on Azun'el will be added as they are uncovered.

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 08:10:56 am »
Reporter: Opal
Title: Assassin attack.
Summary: The assassin, possibly the one who attacked Yuna has attacked again. She escaped, two victims hurt.
Jean was hurt after a bad fall from a roof, tended to on the scene by Relina and Serena.
Nicky was hurt, burns to her body and her throat torn open. Tended to on the scene by Relina.
Top floor of the Alchemy guild burnt badly, glass smashed and possible toxic chemicals released.

Report:
While outside the alchemy guild talking with some citizens, my first alert to something amiss was the sound of shout by the ferret Nicky demanding someone freeze, followed by the sound of a crossbow firing. A scuffle broke out on the roof of the alchemy guild, and I started to climb the building to assist. While climbing I heard a second shot before the sounds of blades and other weapons, before hearing a thump and seeing Jean fall from the roof on the rear of the building.

This was followed by the sound of smashing glass as the assassin, a blue feline with horns, jumped down through a window of the guild followed closely by Nicky. Unable to do anything from my position on the side of the building, I saw a few blows exchanged before the assassin bit onto her neck before throwing her to the ground and tearing her throat open. She promptly set fire to the floor before getting pinned for a moment and then escaping after Relina arrived, after the exchange of a few hostile words. Relina and I could not take chase sadly as I started helping with the fire on the outside of the building as Relina stabilised Nicky and put out the internal fire to stop it spreading.

The assassin is still at large, wounded but still dangerous. She left a sword and crossbow at the scene, but still has at least one more sword. Victims are currently recovering.

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 05:55:39 pm »
(( This report would in fact be filed by Princess Yuna Fu Sheng herself. ))

Report date: D7Y14A4

I decided I would carry out an interrogation of the captured assassin and I have obtained much useful information including the demon's full name. Due to the nature of a demon's full name, and that it may be disruptive for using the prisoner as an asset against Doncoutle, I will not record it here, though the prisoner prefers to be addressed as "Zyra."

The prisoner is the leader of her organization/warband, named "Scars and Scythe", and there is one agent left at large: Corvus the Reaper.
Corvus is the creature that killed citizen Serene Casin, and he wields powers of Ice and Death. Speculation: May possess necromantic capabilities.

Further interrogations will be conducted at a later time.

Note: Compliance was coerced under the threat of eternal imprisonment within an inanimate object, and sweetened with the possibility of release into servitude.
I aim to bind her to me through demonic rituals so that we may use the prisoner against our enemy.

Note #2: Prisoner is to be considered indisposable until further notice.

Note #3: Do not engage prisoner flippantly. We must extract all that we can from the asset, preferrably not through the use of force. Maintaining prisoner compliance should be top priority, so if conversation must occur, be mindful not to say anything that could dissuade the prisoner from peacefully complying with our requests.

ShaRroos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 01:57:52 am »
[Filed in tower records]
[Copy posted in tower barracks for morale]
[Copy dispatched to the Palace]

Reporter: Ausar & Nature
Title: Sergal, Final Resting
Abstract: Sergal slain by the combined efforts of eight of Lismore’s finest

Report: Report recorded on memory crystal AJ437
The diligent oversight of one Navaru brought to light a disturbance at the mana springs. Knowing the potential danger of running into one of Doncoutle’s Demons this knowledge was passed to Auser and his companion Nature. Soliciting the assistance of Sally, Koji, and Verdun they set out to face this demon. The timely arrival of the band saved the lives of Simon and Ceci Versthaler. The pair where already engaged in combat at the time, the fight was not going well. Through a long battle the 7 combatants where able to turn the tide of the conflict. Sergal attempted to flee as he has done already on several occasions. Knowing the risk of allowing this agent to escape the band engaged in a short pursuit. This pursuit ended with the death of the demon before he could even make egress out of the caves. The battle was paid in part by Koji’s arm. Thankfully medical magic was available to not only stem the corruption of the flesh, but reattach the limb as well.

Additional Consideration:
The body was recovered by Guardswoman First Class Jewls, Guard Second Class Dillon, and Guard Third Class Adimson. The body was transported to the infirmary pending investigation and possible interrogation. The artifact recovered by the citizens of Lismore has been delivered to the Guard Tower to secure. It is Sergeant Quartermaster Nansen’s advice that the weapon be given to the Towers own Research and Development team. This team should be able to assist in creating defenses against the taint that is transferred with each cut of this weapon. The spreading blackness of necrotic flesh inflicted by this Scythe makes healing such wounds difficult and extremely time sensitive.

A copy of this report will be submitted to the palace. It is this Guard’s recommendation that the group that brought this demon to his demise be recognized for their efforts. Navaru for assisting in the identification of the demon’s hiding location. As well, (in no particular order0 Ausar, Nature, Simon Versthaler, Cecilia Versthaler, Koji, Sally and Verdun for dispensing the justice demanded by Sergal’s actions against Lismore and her citizens.

ShaRroos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 05:07:25 am »
Reporter: Sergeant Quartermaster ShaRroos Nansen
Title: Bone Horror Assault on Infirmary
Abstract: Undead construct assaulted Lismore Infirmary. Creature's life force was extinguished, as was the operational capacity of the infirmary Full record stored in memory crystal AJ937

Report: Yesterday an unholy undead construct in the shape of an Dragon. This bone horror was spotted and reported by several Lismore citizens. Lieutenant Miriamella was first to respond with several on duty patrol guards. Her divine powers brought the beast down atop the infirmary where she was joined by several Lismoreian citizens Nazatuur, Ramuhn, Drake, Velin'deras and Darius. During the course of the fight the infirmary was set alight. With the arrival of Sgt ShaRroos began organization of a fire brigade. Several tower archers began their assault on the Bone Horror. With the weakened structure, due to the aforementioned fire, the beast and  a pair of citizens crashed through the roof and into the second floor of the building. With most of the guards ill equipped to bypass the creatures damage reduction Sgt ShaRroos called for containment protocols. 120 meters of spider silk rope was expended in attempts to restrain the creature to nominal effect. Seeing the increase of injuries LT Miri made the decision to solicit help from the temple for the soon to be needed healing. Additionally under her orders the Necromancers of Lismore where sent for to consult on construction, origin, and defense practices. Their report is still pending. First Class Guard Dylar and his flanking archers where instructed to assist in extraction of supplies from the burning Infirmary, several crates of miscellaneous supplies where salvaged. By this point the fire was mostly contained before a holy burst grenade was set off interior to the infirmary. This left the 14 guards holding silk ropes temporarily blinded. Second Class Red and her flight of archers where likewise affected. Please reference attached casualty reports. Between the mass of the undead dragon, the melee, and the holy grenade the second floor gave way. In Sgt ShaRroos' continued attempts to strike the beast one of her arrows struck on of the civilians engaged in melee with the beast.  With the guards unable to see the motion, due to the aforementioned holy grenade, they were caught unaware and where pulled as the beast fell. Seven guards received broken bones as they were hurled against the building, again please see attached causality reports.  At this time Sgt. ShaRroos disengaged from the fight and started organizing extraction of injured guards. During this extraction the life energies holding the undead together failed it.

Additional Consideration: Injuries incurred directly from the beasts body, claws spine ect, seem to be immune to direct mending by magical assistance. Metobolic increase seems to be unaffected as a method of speeding healing. The eight guards on the causality list have had their patrols spread out among the tower, only 8 to 10 hours of overtime will need to be utilized. The tower Research and Development team  eagerly awaits the necromancer report for suggestions on both offensive and defensive countermeasures.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 05:24:07 pm by Ashtyn »

Ani

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Master of Bugcats
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 02:19:57 pm »
This report was temporarily withheld while the safety of the palace was being reinforced and confirmed.

A lone assassin from the First Kingdom managed to bypass the palace's defenses, killing one guard and made an attempt on Empress Ewyllyn's life. The assassin was stopped, and captured, now awaiting questioning in the jail cells.

The Empress is alive and well, having taken up safe holding in a locked room, further guarded by Nicky, while the assassin was dealt with.

~ Raven Izumi, Royal Bodyguard

Nem

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 12:52:58 am »
[[ This Report is  hand written and has been left on the desk of Miriamella Solis marked as priority]]

Reporter: Azura Blaze - Lismorian Guard
Title: Attack in the Underground Tunnels

Summery: This report recalls the events that happened with the attack in the underground tunnels as recalled by Azura Blaze along with some speculation on the event.

Report:

I was investigating the tunnel system under Lismore that connects Lismore to the caves and New Eden. I reached there the old bathhouse once was where I found a gathering of individuals, The male ocelot Oz, the male fennec Toby and a unknown feline.

On questioning them on what they were doing I approached them and not to my understanding allowed Oz to bite me.

When that occurred Archangel of the Radiant Light came in and engaged the ocelot, as the fight occurred I did something i do not understand, I unsheathed my blade and brought it to my neck, intending to end myself if Velin did not surrender to the three.

As the fighting continued a winged canine known as Ootarion entered the area and began to fight with the fennec Toby, at that point i has feeling compelled to attack the winged male, to kill him, but i managed to stop myself.

I woudl soon find myself on the ground, gripping my head, the Winged canine came ot aid me as there was a loud crash, which i now know was the roof og the underground tunnel being smashed open, everyone except for myself and Ootarion fled after that, which then I felt compelled to attack myself with my own blade, Ootarion restrained me until the feeling passed and i fell uncontentious, when i regained contentiousness I found that Ootarion has taken my to the temple and soon learned that Archangel Velin wa turned into a vampire who was reported to be the Ocelot Oz.

Given my actions during this innocent and what i have learned of the vampires i can only assume that i was being entranced by them, my head was hurting after the attack and i have no other explanation to explain my actions.

It is my personal recommendation that the Ocelot Oz and the Fennec Toby are to be taken into custody for interrogation and trial for their crimes of forced vamperisum and potential mind altering.

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 04:18:21 pm »
It would be noted in the Guards' logs that a dark-furred canine paid the prisoner Oz a visit. The visitor surrendered  a dagger before being allowed into the cells area, and he and the prisoner spoke in very quiet whispers, and parted ways after a kiss.

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 09:03:59 pm »
((I am pretty sure the standing order is to list visitors by name and description. Newcomers to the isles would have to give a name, probably even sign a document. Of course they could give false information there, but this could come back to haunt them should the guard later learn about it.))
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 05:13:39 am »
[[ This Report is  hand written and has been left on the desk of Miriamella Solis marked as priority - the handwriting is a bit shaky, Rainer was badly shaken by what he saw!]]

Reporter: Rainer Boss - Lismorian Guard
Title: Disturbance at the Inn, Missing Person, and Body Retrieval

Summary: ...this can't be summarized!

Report:

I was on guard duty at the Guards' Tower when I received word of a commotion at the Rabbit Hole Inn. I headed there immediately, and found someone had violently forced their way into the building, past the customers, into the rooms, causing damage to the property. On the upper floor I found guard Azura and the vampire Toby, the latter cradling a baby in his arms.

Lady Azura requested that I appended a summary of her report on that incident before she has the chance to speak with you personally or through a report as she required through attention at the end of this situation (more on that later). Azura frist went into the inn hearing screams and by the time I arrived she had managed to calm Toby enough that he could be talked with.

The fennec was rampaging, frantically looking for his wife he claimed went missing. After the fennec was calmed enough, he was able to explain that he arrived at his home in the apartments behind the library, to find only his and his wife Thais' child, bundled up under the bed. Thais nowhere to be found. I suggested we returned to his home to look for clues. Jo'al joined us as we departed the inn and made it to Toby's home.

Arriving at Toby's home we found no evidence of conflict. I attempted to track the scents in the room, and was able to identify our own scent, Toby's, a female scent whom I assume must have been his wife due to the lack of any other female scents in there besides Azura's, and a faint male scent that seemed more recent than those of others who might have visited the fennec's home. Unfortunately I lost the trail just outside the building. Jo'al and Azura suggested someone might have pushed - or thrown - Thais off the island. With the barrier from the Tower of Radiance currently in place holding down things that fall off the island, they flew to investigate while I escorted Toby and his son to Fennecia where I have heard they provide customers with fennec milk. The child was crying, he might have needed eating. I kept Toby company and gave him a few pointers on tending for a baby as it seems his wife was handling all of that, then went back to check on Azura and Jo'al to see if they had returned.

Azura told me later that she and Jo'as arrived at the bottom of the barrier, where as they suspected water and sewage and other discarded items were collecting, and started to search the area, which due to some form of heating caused by prolonged contact with the barrier, had turned the whole thing into ...I have no words to describe the gunk lady Azura was covered with when she returned! I have never encountered a substance so foul such as that!

Azura reported that Jo'al was able to spot what looked like a hand floating in the sewage. They retrieved the hand, and then proceeded to attempt to retrieve more of the body, bringing up a ribcage, spine, and skull, of which the flesh had been badly decomposed and peeled off in a manner I have never seen before which I must confess shook me to witness!

The ghastly remains were immediately taken to the Tower of Radiance where Azura hoped doctor Mishra Snowpaw could help identify them. Jo'al and I proceeded back to the Guards' Tower at that point.

Given the abhorrent nature of this situation at this time I am unable to provide advice or opinions on the nature of this crime, we have no suspects, however Toby has a long list of people he openly accused, but I will make note that the vampire fennec Toby caused property damage to the inn during his outburst, which might require your judgment. Toby was told to stay at Fennecia, where his son can be fed, and where he can be reasonably safe. At the time of this report, he had not yet been informed of Azura and Jo'al's findings. I believe it would be best to wait for a positive identification of the remains before speaking of them to the fennec.

As a final note, I would like to put in recommendation for a promotion for lady Azura, or at least an increase in pay, in recognition for her going above and beyond her duty pursuing this investigation.

Aryn Gentlepaw

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 10:02:30 am »
After studying the reports and discussing this among the leadership of the guard, the following actions have been taken:

Arrest Warrant for the dark furred Canine visiting Oz. Dear or Alive.

Examination of the victim's remains by the local necromancer to verify the soul attached to those remains in addition to anymedical examinations.

Recommendation to promote Azura to Guard 2nd Class for her good work.

Signed by,

LT Caspin and Captain Solis
Heaven starts with a smile :)