Author Topic: Lismore Guard Open Position: Quartermaster  (Read 6009 times)

Aryn Gentlepaw

• View Profile
Lismore Guard Open Position: Quartermaster
« on: March 16, 2015, 07:40:18 am »
There would be a poster hanging inside the guard tower stating that the position of quartermaster of the guard has to be filled. The quartermaster is the logistical mastermind within the guard and deals with handing out gear, rations, payment, etc. Making deals with merchants and local smiths to keep the guard supplied with what it needs is also one of the many responsibilities of a quartermaster. Interested members of the guard are asked to talk to Lt. Solis or Captain Dru about the job.

(OOC: This is to get a player into the role of quartermaster, since so far it is an unspecified unnamed NPC that gets often referred to during guard RP ;) )
(Also, if none of the guard players are stepping up, then the offer extends to the civilian population of Lismore. Anyone with a merchant background or willing to learn this, can be considered)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 07:52:36 am by Aryn Gentlepaw »
Heaven starts with a smile :)

ShaRroos

• View Profile
Re: Lismore Guard Open Position: Quartermaster
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 08:11:53 pm »
((OOC Yea (s)he gets referred to quite a bit. First thing when one joins the guard "Welcome to the guard. See the quartermaster to get squared away with ...... " I am surprised that this has yet to be filled. Seems like a powerful kind of post.))

ShaRroos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 09:58:41 pm »
      Nansen, ShaRroos
      Guardswoman Third Class
      Guard Barracks, Lismore

Lieutenant Solis,

As an active member of the Lismore city guards, I am pleased to see the posting for Quartermaster is available. I thought it prudent to offer my services in filling this role. While my qualifications are known I would like to take the opportunity to highlight those you may find as the most relevant for this posting.

I am currently posted for general city patrol, with limited tasking in reconnaissance and long distance communications. During the normal course of duty I have made connections with several of the localy available merchants and crafters. Additionally, my former tasking as long distance courier gives me a unique perspective on supply chains and logistics.

While the void left by our now former Quartermaster will be impossible to truly fill my skill set will bring the following to the tower.

* Nine years of Long distance logistics planning
 * Seven years of business finance experience
 * Exceptional experience in negotiation of business contracts
 * Intimate familiarity with material requirements for new recruits
 * High availability due to sporadic requirements of my scout specialty

Again the paws of our former quartermaster can never be fully filled. With that said, I am confident that my skill set would prove an invaluable in attempting to fill the void. Assuming that you feel my qualifications sufficient and the position is still available I would like submit my name for consideration.

Sincerely,

[Signed in a very jagged rushed pattern]

ShaRroos Nansen Guardswoman Third Class

Aryn Gentlepaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 05:23:05 pm »
As of this day, Guardswoman SharRoos Nansen, has been chosen to become the Lismorean Guard's new Quartermaster. Her fellow guards congratulate her on taking on such a challenging role and wish her good luck. From now on, she will handle -among other things- all questions and matters concerning gear/equipment, the assigning of bunks and beds, the provisioning for the troops and making deals with merchants. The Lismorean Guard and the Realm of Lismore thank her for her effort and willingness to step into this new responsibility.

Signed,

Lieutenant Solis
Heaven starts with a smile :)

ShaRroos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 01:17:18 am »
   Firstly, I would like to thank those who have assited me in getting to this postition. In Lismore I have found a home and a purpose. However, like any home there is alwase room for improvement. Over the next few days I will be reviewing our budget and contracts. Hopefuly this translates to better dealing with the local merchants and businesses. At this time I can not make any promises, but I hope to improve several key functions of our tower.

With that said, I relise I am still one of the newer members of our tower. If you have a sugestion, a complaint, or an observation (as it relates to gear, supplies and the like) please feel free to come to my desk.

Thank you once again and I hope to serve the tower well.

Sincerely,

[Signed in a very jagged rushed pattern]

Quatermaster Nansen