Author Topic: Random Question of the Day  (Read 113499 times)

Husky Dragon

Re: Random Question of the Day
« Reply #345 on: May 03, 2015, 04:15:24 pm »
Well, if it ever became a real problem, I bet we found find a way to do rp on the forums here. Not preferable, but if it got that bad we wouldn't have much of a choice.

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 03, 2015, 04:45:51 pm »
I'd poke Ashy with a stick because of the entertaining noises~ And would likely tackle my steam game pile :3

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 03, 2015, 07:20:38 pm »
Honestly I don't know. It's actually slightly problematic: roleplaying in Lismore has become such an integral part of my life, I dunno what I'd do without it. I guess I'm an addict, and I get restless when I can't RP for whatever reason.

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 03, 2015, 11:20:46 pm »
Honestly I don't know. It's actually slightly problematic: roleplaying in Lismore has become such an integral part of my life, I dunno what I'd do without it. I guess I'm an addict, and I get restless when I can't RP for whatever reason.

That's why AARGHHhHHh GAARAHHRHGHh AAHAHGH!! is the appropriate reaction!  ;)

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #349 on: May 04, 2015, 01:30:15 am »
I'd poke Ashy with a stick because of the entertaining noises~ And would likely tackle my steam game pile :3
^ This
"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler

Radem

• Global Moderator
  • Here comes purple bunny tail...
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 04, 2015, 09:20:47 pm »
As I started RPing elsewhere, I would continue to RP on the elsewheres.  Visuals are fun, but the text is really all that's needed.

This answer will make more sense to Ashtyn. :)

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #351 on: May 04, 2015, 10:27:40 pm »
As I started RPing elsewhere, I would continue to RP on the elsewheres.  Visuals are fun, but the text is really all that's needed.

This answer will make more sense to Ashtyn. :)
Can't agree with this more honestly, in fact I would dare say that RPing on SL has simplified my style because of a certain lack of descriptions needed which is a whole lot different from how I used to RP when it was purely text based.
"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
« Reply #352 on: May 05, 2015, 01:00:56 pm »
I would probably poke Arynkitty and our friends to start another chapter in our pen-&-paper RPG group. Though, failing that, poking Ash with a stick sounds kinda tempting. Can we have remote access? Webcam and someone in the house holding the stick, acting out on our commands? ;)
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
« Reply #353 on: May 05, 2015, 03:53:16 pm »
And time for a new question:

From your personal experience, who in Lismore is your favorite villain, living or dead? Feel free to give us your reasons, too.

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
« Reply #354 on: May 05, 2015, 04:48:55 pm »
Living... hmm, does Mishra count? Despite often trying to reign that one in IC, I have fond memories of some scenes with that obnoxious cat. The odd fellow usually abusive in language and action, he still could add to scenes with his knowledge about Lismore's past and his sometime unique view on situations.
I have other potential living candidates in mind, but I suspect they are still in the closet and not necessarily regarded villains, yet. I don't want to spoil learning about them.

As for the dear departed, or those at least presumed dead, while Hazel probably is the man still talked the most about, I personally never met the man. So of those my character actually met... I guess Fang made an impression, less for the actual acts of madness, but for the quiet moments, those when a normal, feeling, maybe even hurt women was shining through. I remember a very eerie scene in the granary, where she was moved by something she saw and started to reminisce about her past. Giving a villain these kind of human moments makes their impact much stronger.

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 05, 2015, 07:31:31 pm »
Hehe, having played or helped with many villains, it's kind of odd to pick one from the bunch. Hazel was actually my favorite to play because it was a challenge to get him to do villainous things and still get away with it.

Way back in the day when the Zenko was still its own separate thing and all three (four) factions basically regarded eachother as independent sovereign nations, I remember a scene where Hazel showed up at the tea house while Xian was there. Xian was captain of the guard or something else important like that in the city, but had no jurisdiction whatsoever in the Zenko. The city wanted Hazel for questioning or something, and there he was, and there was nothing they could do. Was a very entertaining and intense scene between Nova and I, almost like an exciting game of chess!  ;)

But I'm going to list my favorite as The Face. That was the very first actual big bad villain we had, and it came about merely by accident. But when it happened suddenly everybody was curious about it! The enemy had a name, and it was a bit of a mystery too! In those early days of The Face, it was a very good villain!

...now I can't list any of the living villains, or I'll blow their cover!  ;)
(and sure Mishra counts as a bad guy of sorts!)

Lycanthrope

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 06, 2015, 03:24:09 am »
Gnarl and the hyena's, only villians that ever really worked to creat a true sense of dread in the RP.

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #357 on: May 06, 2015, 11:10:27 am »
Dead? Hmm, player wise I would have to agree with Lyle here, Gnarl's trio of hyena's way back in old Lismore was a prime example of a player driven event that practically involved the whole sim, it also involves Xian's first shining moments when he was barely enlisted into the Guard, Gnarl himself can be an ass sometimes, but that was definitely one of his finer moments.

Staff wise...I'd have to give it to Ash with his Balrog, again because of personal involvement and experience. Xian's "Final" battle was an epic one going from him facing the Balrog on his own, to being joined and aided by various players from Lismore, all up into an emotional dying scene and quote. Now I know the Balrog isn't exactly dead, the final battle having send him and Ashtyn into somewhere far beyond, but those fights against that beast were quite enjoyable.

Hazel of course gets a mention, like Ash said, we had this grand scene at Zenko that was both a staring contest and a game of chess. I would dare say that Hazel was sort of a rival of Xian, both in the political games and otherwise. Matters became worse when Xian got sick of the game with Hazel and eventually assaulted him within the caves resulting into a fight that ended up with Xian being comatose for a while, those were good times.

Living...I'd have to say Collie honestly, the devious pirate, the man that brought Lismore into war several times and was a key player during both Great Wars.

Radem

• Global Moderator
  • Here comes purple bunny tail...
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 06, 2015, 04:12:47 pm »
For me personally, it was Hazel, since I had some terrific scenes between him and Radem.

Gnarl and his fleet of miscreants certainly had a lot of impact for tirelessly harassing the players night after night. Some good stuff, but it frequently went too far in terms of "Welp, you were trying to have a nice RP, but now you have to deal with this instead." He seemed to be getting better about it, but then disappeared.

The balrog was cool, but sadly I have some bad memories surrounding the climax event in particular, so he doesn't make the list.

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
« Reply #359 on: May 07, 2015, 06:59:54 am »
And time for a new question:

What is your favorite cocktail?
(Unless it is a popular one that you easily know or can google, please give us an idea about the recipe/ingredients)