Author Topic: Random Question of the Day  (Read 113510 times)

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
Re: Random Question of the Day
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2014, 11:52:12 pm »
Natural.

I haven't had a three in a while now, but...call me nostalgic, Christmas Trees need to be natural...the scent of them adds in to the mood of it all
"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler

Husky Dragon

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2014, 12:06:47 am »
We always tend to have a fake tree or two up, but since there's three cats and two inquisitive dogs in the house, i would personally prefer to have neither

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2014, 12:58:39 am »
Artificial ones.

Having to clean up after the natural ones is a f-ing chore. And with artificial ones, you only really need to decorate the tree ones. Then just stuff it with decorations in a garbage bag until next year, and then you have a fully decorated tree in 3 minutes next year!

Lycanthrope

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2014, 02:02:36 am »
I put up my grandmothers wrought iron tree, its realy more of a very large ornament hangar, but it looks realy nice and doesnt make a mess, we didnt put it up this year because theres a LOT of family staying at my place and theres no room inside

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2014, 04:04:12 am »
A real, natural tree. Yes, it is more work, but it also is a lot more special, meaningful and unique. It Is never the same, it is never 'perfect' (my biggest beef with the fake trees), it is always a tree with it's own character and when my family sets it up and starts to decorate  we all have to work with what we are given, play to the individual tree's strengths and weaknesses. :)

Let me also emphasize Nova's point: The scent of a real tree. For me, scents trigger memories and emotions. It is why I love to put up incense as well. Here in Germany we have traditional wodden incense holders shaped like little humans with a pipe or little houses with chimneys that we use during Christmas time to burn incense, flooding our homes with the scents of pine, fir, opium and many more.

Attached a picture of some we have here.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 04:12:13 am by Athian »
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2014, 01:10:51 am »
Is the New Year a big deal celebration for you?

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2014, 01:14:51 am »
Nope, more of a headache with all the fireworks going on around here.
"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2014, 01:16:49 am »
I celebrate it, but on a small scale. Arynkitty and I will sit down with our close friends, drink some good booze and listen to music until it is time to welcome the new year.  :)
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.

Husky Dragon

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2014, 01:18:12 am »
Honestly, they're the same holiday for us. We just continue drinking and eating from Christmas eve to new years

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2014, 02:49:37 am »
Where I came from in Brazil, and I think Brazil in general, New Year is the second biggest thing they celebrate (second to Carnival, and... whatever dumb sporting event is going on at the time). It's bigger than 4th of July in the US, with fireworks galore, and it's party everywhere! It's quite a contrast to what it is here, where it's only "yeah happy new year, now let's carry on with our lives" (there are fireworks and stuff but it's nothing compared to what it's like in Brazil.

Husky Dragon

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2014, 09:34:38 am »
Except for 2000! People were partying like it was the end of the world. (Because a lot of people were fairly sure it was)

Lycanthrope

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2014, 11:31:48 am »
Don't particularly care about new year myself.

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2014, 01:51:34 am »
What is your favorite beverage?

Radem

• Global Moderator
  • Here comes purple bunny tail...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2014, 01:53:41 am »
Black tea with milk and honey.

Lycanthrope

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2014, 01:54:39 am »
Dr Pepper, from my fountain. yes I have so much of an addiction to a specific soda that I have a soda fountain for it.