Author Topic: Random Question of the Day  (Read 113523 times)

Radem

• Global Moderator
  • Here comes purple bunny tail...
    • View Profile
Re: Random Question of the Day
« Reply #210 on: January 21, 2015, 03:42:50 am »
Nightmare Moon

Monday, character sheet for a tabletop game.

Sockless, I prefer to wear sandals or Vibram Fivefingers (yes I know they look weird, they're comfortable. And no I haven't cashed in on the settlement)

Jiala Aeon

« Reply #211 on: January 21, 2015, 08:37:34 am »
Depends on the weather. If its really hot I'll keep my feet bare until I have to go out. During winter, thick socks. Sometimes two layers of socks. And shoes while I'm indoors. My toes get painful when cold. x.x;

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
« Reply #212 on: January 21, 2015, 07:55:27 pm »
Handwriting: Frequently writing up some stuff or brainstorming for the Pen&Paper RPG sessions. While a lot of the material will find its way into Word documents at some point, the planning state still happens with nothing but a pencil and some paper, especially since I can use them almost everywhere I want. So the last time would be last week while preparing for the RP.

Socks: When I am wearing shoes I wear socks (unless it is sandals). But when I can get away with it and it is not cold or anything I like to stay barefooted within the house.
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 23, 2015, 04:30:10 pm »
What's your favorite movie?

Husky Dragon

« Reply #214 on: January 23, 2015, 04:36:45 pm »
The Crow

Lycanthrope

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 23, 2015, 05:13:22 pm »
This changes a lot, but usually its one of the following, Princess Bride, Aliens, Brazil, Re-Animator, Fox and the Hound, Moon or a Clockwork Orange depends on my mood

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2015, 05:27:35 pm »
Hard one, I usually have more than one movie that comes to my mind, because they all serve different moods and situations - like if I want something deep and meaningful or just some popcorn action movie. ;)

But here are three of my favorites that came to mind:

- Wonder Boys: Wonderful movie from 2000 with Michael Douglas as a writer unable to finish his second novel (after the huge success of his first one). Liked it very much because it had a firm grasp on the special kind of people who are artists as well as on the creative process.

- LoveActually: Great portmanteau film over the holiday season (Christmas/New Year) that proves it's premise that love is actually all around.

- Drei Nüsse für Aschenbrödel: In my opinion still the best movie take ever on the Cinderella fairy tale. It is an old fairy-tale film from 1973, co-produced by Czechoslovakia and East Germany. The title translates to 'Three Nuts for Cinderella', though I've heard it was published under the English titles of 'Three Gifts for Cinderella' and 'Three Wishes for Cinderella'. This movie has gorgeous costumes and landscapes and Cinderella is a rather strong woman, very unlike your run-of-the-mill damsel in distress that most Disney princesses have been for many years. I don't know how the English dubbed versions hold up, but the movie is regarded a classic in many European countries and again is traditionally on the air during the holiday season. If you still like fairy tales even outside of animated movies, this is one gem you should look at.
I've heard the Czech film archive is currently working on a digital restoration of the movie, thanks to funding from Norway. With some luck we will see the film in even better quality this year's holiday season (if they make it on time).

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 25, 2015, 02:06:21 am »
What is your favorite song?

Lycanthrope

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 25, 2015, 02:11:23 am »
Mack the knife song by Bobby Darin

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 25, 2015, 03:51:01 am »
Hands down Billie Holiday's "Crazy He Calls Me".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mitLcbHHz8

Husky Dragon

« Reply #220 on: January 25, 2015, 09:25:05 am »
Short Change Hero by The Heavy

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
« Reply #221 on: January 26, 2015, 06:44:59 am »
"The Last Unicorn" by America

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #222 on: January 26, 2015, 11:28:32 pm »
Nemo - Nightwish
"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 28, 2015, 01:00:10 am »
How many letters are there in your alphabet?

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #224 on: January 28, 2015, 01:00:57 am »
"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler