Author Topic: Another arena event  (Read 7052 times)

MysticLancer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Another arena event
« on: June 21, 2014, 01:27:36 pm »
Hello hello everyone, It has been too long since miss blue kitty has hosted a good arena event to see who the toughest and most skilled fighters are in Lismore. I will be willing to hold this event next weekend, but I will need to know who will be entering.

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
Re: Another arena event
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 04:18:23 pm »
I want in! Not sure with who however.

Either Amon, Luna, Derrin or Xela

MysticLancer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 04:53:05 pm »
I want in! Not sure with who however.

Either Amon, Luna, Derrin or Xela

Well Derrin can certainly get another shot at it and this time there will be very clear rules unlike last time.

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 06:49:44 pm »
How do the fights in events like that work anyway?
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.

MysticLancer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 05:44:48 am »
How do the fights in events like that work anyway?

Each contestant is paired randomly against another contestant and they fight it out to see who will win. They then move up to face the winner of the other first tier matches and so on.

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 05:53:59 am »
The question was more aimed at the rule set behind the event, meaning how you will decide on who is the winner of any given match. I've seen various ways to tackle this over the years, from both fighters deciding upon it beforehand and simply delivering a nice visiual in text form over simply tossing the coin for any given move to see who comes out the best to GMs assigning Stats for an event like that and you have to roll the dice according to them.
So I was curious how it would be done here.
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 06:01:25 am »
I don't think we want to create WWE Lismore >.>

Basically, behind the scenes, it is all treated as sparring matches, usually with a GM overlooking to make sure participants aren't godmodding and etc.
"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 06:06:30 am »
I think the winner is decided based on how the fight pans out in text. Of course, there may be times in the past where people do not want to loose, but thats why we have GMs hovering nearby to break the knees of those who godmode :3 (Dont worry, we don't actually break knees!)

MysticLancer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 11:06:29 am »
The question was more aimed at the rule set behind the event, meaning how you will decide on who is the winner of any given match. I've seen various ways to tackle this over the years, from both fighters deciding upon it beforehand and simply delivering a nice visiual in text form over simply tossing the coin for any given move to see who comes out the best to GMs assigning Stats for an event like that and you have to roll the dice according to them.
So I was curious how it would be done here.

Ahhh there will be no dice rolls, just like normal combat in Lismore. The rules will be things like no fatal hits as it is just a spar to see who can knock the other out.