Author Topic: Council Meeting  (Read 17545 times)

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Council Meeting
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 08:40:17 pm »
Alright then, let's do it this Saturday 04/12, at 1pm SLT!   :)

Drubunneh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 12:13:50 pm »
Do we have any logs or perhaps a summary of this meeting?

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 07:15:36 pm »
Do we have any logs or perhaps a summary of this meeting?

I can summarize it!  :)

Emir, Relina, Ewyllyn, Zeela, Radem (as a token), Xahu and Lucian were present.

Zeela and Radem were invited advisors. Lucian was a special guest because he was going to be focus of debate.

Zeela brought in her girlfriend, which was immediately looked at with displeasure by Emir and Xahu, who saw it as a breach of protocol. Zeela's girlfriend (I can't remember her name! Sorry!) was dismissed, and then they started, addressing Lucian's matter right away.

Lucian told his tale, of how he regretted the way he ruled Lismore at his time as lord, and how he died, and came back and wanted to do right. Arguments ensued, Zeela lost interest or something (she was frustrated with people arguing) and asked if she could be excused, which was looked upon with great displeasure by Xahu (arguing is at the core of such meetings), who in turn dismissed her of all her appointed roles in the council.

Arguments with and about Lucian continued, basically the council wanting to be convinced that he could be trusted. He offered his services to the city, but they thought it was a little too early to be entrusting him with anything too important. Ultimately they concluded that they will allow Lucian to reside in Lismore, and that he will be watched and supervised, until it's deemed satisfactory that he's proven he isn't up to no good.

That was basically all that was addressed. Due to the lack of other council members and because my RL interrupted abruptly, nothing else was discussed to any significant length.

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 11:30:08 am »
((Here's logs from the 3 hours I was there for before IC/OOC reasons caused me to leave))

[2014/04/12 13:37]  Xahu Fu Sheng: /me wasn't here all along! He comes in from the upstairs, and smiles seeing Relina and Emir and Ewy, "Hello there! ...Lady Relina! It's been such a long time since last we met!"

[2014/04/12 13:38]  Zeela: /me arrives~

[2014/04/12 13:39]  Relina Harem: /me "Aye it has. The institute has kept me busy"

[2014/04/12 13:40]  Ewyllyn Fu Sheng: /me nods a greeting at Zeela. "Good day!"

[2014/04/12 13:41]  Emir: /me nods to Zeela and stands up when Xahu arrives.

[2014/04/12 13:42]  Lucian: /me makes his way up into the meeting room, breathing out through his nose in a quiet sigh, before he speaks.. "Good day."

[2014/04/12 13:48]  Zeela: /me moves to sit down after giving everyone a smile, "Good day, did I miss anything?" she asks, "And.. what is being discussed? Oh, and Mother apologises that she cant make it today.. a matter has arisen that requires her attention.."

[2014/04/12 13:49]  Xahu Fu Sheng: /me leans down to give Ewy a little loving nuzzle, and then he smiles to Radem ((the purple-ish thing there by the curtains)), and to Zeela as she shows up. He offers a nod in greetings to Lucian. He turns to Zeela, and smirks, "No you haven't missed anything yet, we're waiting on people to gather. Have a seat if you will..."

[2014/04/12 13:50]  Relina Harem: /me shakes her head at Zeela's question "You havnt missed anything" then she turns her attention to Lucian "Good day Lucian"

[2014/04/12 13:50]  Radem has apparently been here for a little while, hiding like the small purple ninja he is.  He responds to Xahu's welcome in turn, though he frowns when he sees Lucian.

[2014/04/12 13:51]  Xahu Fu Sheng: /me perks his ears, and looks to Relina as she greets Lucian rather calmly, asking her softly, "...had you met before?"

[2014/04/12 13:51]  Ewyllyn Fu Sheng: /me smiles at Xahu. "Hi love!" she greets him. Then she looks toward Lucian some as he appears. One of these things are not like the other! "...who is he?"

[2014/04/12 13:55]  Lucian: /me draws out a soft breath, moving to have a seat  at the table.. He looks to Relina first, offering a light smile, before he speaks.. "Good day, Relina.." Before he speaks to Xahu.. "We have.. But not under the best circumstances." And then he finally speaks to Ewyllyn.. "Lucian Crecida." He answers simply, not seeming interested in making himself out to be anything more, before exchanging brief nods to Emir and Zeela and settling in.

[2014/04/12 13:55]  Zeela: /me blinks a few times at people's reactions before looking to Lucian, looking back again, "....Seriously? Is it april first or something?" she asks, "And what happened to the paintings of the previous rulers?" she'd then look to Lucian, giving him a smile and a nod, "How are you?"

[2014/04/12 13:56]  Relina Harem: /me remembered those circumstances well, but it was in the past "Aye. Lets just leave it at that"

[2014/04/12 13:57]  Xahu Fu Sheng: /me nods a little to Relina, and then asks Zeela softly, "Paintings of previous rulers?"

[2014/04/12 14:00]  Zeela: /me frowns and looks to Xahu, "Uuh.. because this is Lucian, former lord of Lismore who was ruling at the time of the first Lismore war. He died to protect it and was brought back, I assume at the end of the second war" she explains, "So.. his painting should still be up I imagine. He ruled before Xian"

[2014/04/12 14:01]  Ewyllyn Fu Sheng: /me nods at Lucian. "I see. I am Ewyllyn Fu Sheng." she replies. But it's not really a pleasure for her to meet him, she's quite informed about what he's done before! Then she adds to Zeela: "I don't think there were ever any paintings made of anybody up until Xahu & I came along."

[2014/04/12 14:02]  Relina Harem: /me hehs "Well there is Xian's and Ashtyn's but anyway... Shall we get on with the meeting?" she wasnt really concerned about the matter

[2014/04/12 14:06]  Emir: /me refrains from commentary for the moment, letting Xahu decide what matters to bring up first.

[2014/04/12 14:07]  Lucian: /me would look over to Zeela, reaching over to lightly pat her on the arm.. "My rule was not something that should be looked on with admiration. I may have grown Lismore's economy, but that wasn't enough to justify my actions. The most I hope for is that my sacrifice and any benifits I brought lismore will break me even of the bad I did.. I certainly don't deserve to have my portrait hung in the palace." Finally, though, he does nod in agreement with Relina.. "Yes, let's."

[2014/04/12 14:09]  /me Radem approaches the table but doesn't sit yet. He sets his paws on the back of a chair, listening as Lucian speaks. "No, it isn't," he answers. "And the way I hear it, you didn't have a lot of choice in the matter of sacrifice," he says. "If Collie weren't utterly insane, I wonder whether you'd be sitting here making such claims."

[2014/04/12 14:12]  Zeela: /me sighs, "I imagine the uncultured 'leaders' before us burned the paintings, now I think about it.." she comments before looking to Ewyllyn and nodding before she looks to Lucian, "Depends how you looked at it really.. its a tough call" she'd then glance to Radem as he speaks, not commenting. She would then perk an ear and smile as Miralda arrives, before commenting to the group, "I trust its ok Miralda joins me in this meeting? I imagine she wont comment except through me, so it should not cause interruption"

[2014/04/12 14:15]  Relina Harem: /me waves a dismissive paw to the others "Lets leave the past in the past for now aye?"

[2014/04/12 14:17]  Miralda: /me indeed did not say a single word as she walked up the stairs, following up after being let past by the guards on Zeelas former information, and stopped quietly behind her chair, her hat low and down on her face, to keep her eyes hidden, only showing her chin, and the black lips holding the pipe. The assassin put one of her hands on her belt, the other on the eagle-headed handle of her sword, resting there calmly behind the Feline she was guarding, without wasting time on any gestures like a bow or even a polite nod.

[2014/04/12 14:18]  Xahu Fu Sheng: /me arches a brow, and turns to look to Zeela, and her companion, and he says rather sternly, "...you trust wrong. Miss Zeela, you are a guest in this council, it's not appropriate that you invite your own guests thus. Making such assumptions doesn't reflect good on your aptitude to handle the matters the council might discuss.", and he turns to Miralda, asking a little less sternly, "What does she bring to the table that could benefit the council?"   ((nothing personal Lili; but nobility meetings are kind of closed doors affairs and Miralda hasn't had any reason to be brought in so far  ;)  ))

[2014/04/12 14:23]  Zeela: /me sighs at that and nods, "Allright, understood" she replies before looking to Mira, giving her a nod, "I will see you later" she then lightly folds her arms and waits for things to continue

[2014/04/12 14:24]  Zeela: /me would also point out, "Also, I do not believe Lucian is on the council, is he? why did you not kick him out if you do not recognise him?"

[2014/04/12 14:25]  Xahu Fu Sheng: /me says softly to Zeela, "...Lucian is here because he is one of the subjects to be discussed by the council, Zeela. ...now if we are all ready to begin....?"

[2014/04/12 14:25]  Emir: /me nods as Xahu explains matters to Zeela. And he takes on her retort. "His presence was pre-arranged with the Emperor beforehand," the unicorn says. "Lucian is here by request."

[2014/04/12 14:26]  Zeela: /me frowns, puzzled that he was not recognised or known about, if he was a matter at hand. But she'd just keep quiet to listen

[2014/04/12 14:29]  Ewyllyn Fu Sheng: /me continues waiting for this to start!

[2014/04/12 14:32]  Xahu Fu Sheng: /me takes a seat at the table, and takes a deep breath, "...well, let's start with mister Lucian there then! ...Lucian claims to be our former Lord Lucian. ...Lord Emir here has confirmed that he seems to be the same person. He was brought back to life, after his demise fighting the pirates in Lismore so many years ago...", he explains Lucian's story, since well, he's the official speaker, and Ani isn't here right now to do so!

[2014/04/12 14:36]  Relina Harem: /me "Im surprised you havnt heard this before. Aye, when we were taken here.... Everyone... I mean everyone who died that day was brought back"

[2014/04/12 14:36]  Zeela: /me listens and keeps quiet

[2014/04/12 14:37]  Ewyllyn Fu Sheng: /me nods softly at Xahu as she listens to the explanation!

[2014/04/12 14:38]  Emir: /me nods in affirmation to Xahu's explanation, though he looks around for reactions rather than adding to it.

[2014/04/12 14:38]  Xahu Fu Sheng: /me says softly to Relina, "I don't believe Lucian was brought back by that same process, Lady Relina. He mentioned someone else to be in charge of his resurrection.", and he motions to Lucian, in case he wants to fill in the blank on who was it who brought him back.

[2014/04/12 14:40]  /me Radem takes his seat once everyone's sitting, trying to keep his emotions in check. For now he's quiet, though he still seems uncomfortable, and he stares at Lucian.

[2014/04/12 14:42]  Lucian: /me would give his head a nod to Xahu.. "Luna missed me enough to have Duhain resurrect me." He says, quite simply, and adds.. "I don't expect anyone to take it to heart right away that i've changed.. I only ask for a chance, and am willing to answer any questions that anyone may have."

[2014/04/12 14:45]  Ewyllyn Fu Sheng: /me crosses her arms beneath her bust. "...you know, one act of 'selflessness' doesn't redeem everything else that was done under your rule, Mr. Crecida..." she remarks. "It is not so much a matter of taking it to heart, as it is a matter of action and consequence so far as I am concerned."

[2014/04/12 14:49]  Xahu Fu Sheng: /me says a bit more softly, "...so after wandering the world for several years, it seems Lucian decided to come back to Lismore. ...I don't recall, Lucian, did you mention any specific reason for your return? ...wouldn't you be much safer remaining hidden, believed to be dead? Several of our folks advised me extreme caution in dealing with you... ...and that is just mentioning those who kept it tame. I haven't heard many nice things about you so far."

[2014/04/12 14:53]  Relina Harem: /me humms "I was wondering the same thing emperor" then to Ewyllyn "I should be reaching over the table to mangle him for what he did to my family, but for his sacrifice.... I am willing to let the past be the past..."

[2014/04/12 14:53]  Emir: /me chuckles softly. "Nor will you," he comments to the Emperor. "Lucian was an efficient and ruthless leader, two things at which the people of this island are not good," he goes on. "Part of my role during his tenure was to maintain order and give people an alternate path to voice concerns, because they were not well received by the lord himself. That said," the unicorn says, glancing around the table, "one thing I can tell you with confidence is that at the time of his death, Lucian felt regret for what he had done to Lismore and its people. Whether that one-time feeling is in keeping with his current mindset, only time will tell."

[2014/04/12 14:56]  /me Radem looks across at Emir, and then the emperor. "The Lucian that _I_ saw took malicious glee in tormenting people," he says flatly. "There was the abuse he gave the ones he captured. Someone else came to free one of them, and he took delight in threatening his prisoner before the would-be rescuer. I don't know what happened to either of them. For all I know, he killed them both," the rabbit accuses.

[2014/04/12 14:59]  Lucian: /me would glance to Ewyllyn, with a little bit of a blink.. He'd just finished saying something to that effect a couple moments ago, but was going to avoid mentioning that and making the task of leaving a good impression any harder than it already was going to be.. He simply nods to Ewyllyn, instead, and looks to Xahu as he speaks.. "Safer.. Perhaps. But I intend to do good to make up for the bad i've done, and I cannot do that if I spend the rest of my life hiding in the shadows from well-placed dislike. I would rather die young in the effort of righting my wrongs, then die old with them having weighed on my shoulders all my life." He speaks before he speaks up some.. "I have done alot of wrong in my life, and i'd make no attempt to say that anyone should trust me without proof that i've changed. There's no appolagy I can offer that would even be a token gesture towards making things better, and that is why i'm here asking for a chance to do good where my skills would be best applied." He then looks to Radem

[2014/04/12 14:59]  Lucian: /me  and nods his head, admitting rather openly.. "I took unwilling captives and tortured them.. The only person I killed was an assassin, and while I, now, would not call her goal unjust, do not appolagize for defending myself at the time."

[2014/04/12 15:00]  Xahu Fu Sheng: /me nods a little to Emir, and to Radem, knowing very well the rabbit in particular must have some special hatred of Lucian. He looks to Zeela then, and asks softly, "...were you born by the time of Lord Lucian's reign, Zeela?, and he looks to Relina, asking her, wanting to hear all the dirty details of why Lucian is so hated, "...what exactly did he do to your family, Lady Relina? Would you mind telling us?". He then looks to Lucian, and can't help but look at him suspiciously, "Safer? ...that's the same reason the demons give, for choosing this place as their home... What are you hiding from?"

[2014/04/12 15:01]  Zeela: /me shakes her head, "I was born after, but have studied records of the time. I've nothing against him"

[2014/04/12 15:07]  Relina Harem: /me would mention to Xahu "He took my son and held him ransom for funding for the city for quite some time. Fortunately we were able to come to an agreement for Kain's release a while after"

[2014/04/12 15:13]  Xahu Fu Sheng: /me nods a little to Relina, and then looks to Zeela again, and arches a brow, "You have nothing against him? That's the first time I hear those words, to tell you the truth. Pretty much everybody who heard Lucian's name urged me caution.", and he gives Lucian a look, not sugarcoating it: The fenwolf didn't have many fans.

[2014/04/12 15:16]  Emir: /me looks across the table to Lucian. "You have told the Emperor and I what it is you would like to bring to us," he says, "but perhaps for the others here, it's worth you explaining why you think you can lend us aid. As far as your sincerity, that will be more difficult to prove, as such things require time. That said, I believe I have means to help allay people's fears, should the agreement around the table be that we wish to take you up on your offer."

[2014/04/12 15:16]  /me Radem just crosses his arms dubiously.

[2014/04/12 15:18]  Relina Harem: /me shakes her head "Oh dont mistake, It doesnt mean that I will trust him now, but that I am not going to keep that same hatred alive"

[2014/04/12 15:20]  Ewyllyn Fu Sheng: /me remains silent as she listens! She does seem fairly unconvinced though. In fact, she looks about as displeased with the situation as Radem seems to be!

[2014/04/12 15:21]  Lucian: /me would quirk a brow some to Xahu's response, seeming genuinely confused by it.. ".. My lord, you asked me if I thought it was safer to remain hidden and presumed dead.. I was only saying that it might be safer, but I do not wish to hide from my problems." He avoided requesting aloud that the emperor focus on the conversation, but he was certainly thinking it., he only gives a simple nod to Relina's explaination, as he explains.. "I was essentially blackmailing Relina for the Zenko's support." He seems pretty forthcoming with his explainations - he didn't want to be looked on any worse, but figured that being honest was the best course of action at this point. He looks to Emir at his words, but gives his head a nod... "I'm offering the skills I employed to cause economic growth in lismore during  my rule. I've already made contact with people in this new dimension who have access to goods that aren't even available where we come from, originally... An example, here.." He says, carefully placing a vial on the table.. The vial, and the very glass itself, seemed to be glowing and swirling with a watery blue energy.. "It's pure elemental essence.. It can't be gathered this way where we come from, but  Lismore's tass refining equipment could be set up to proccess the raw materials to make it, and demand would be high through the portal. I know that Lismore's economy isn't what it used to be since the uprooting, but I promise that if I were put in a position where I had the power to, I could bring that growth and prosperity back."

[2014/04/12 15:22]  Lucian: /me also adds, with a nod to Emir.. "I'm willing to do what it takes to prove my intentions."

[2014/04/12 15:24]  Zeela: /me looks to Xahu, "Emotionally, I was not alive, so cannot feel anything against him there. And logically I can see the growth Lismore displayed during his rule.. not to mention the fact he avoided a civil war brought on by Ashtyn's death by immediately filling the rile of Ruler. While some things may not have been nice or ethical, you cant deny he did not save lives by making the transition quick and smooth" she explains her views before perking an ear and learning forwards to inspect the vial

[2014/04/12 15:27]  Xahu Fu Sheng: /me nods a little, and says softly to Relina, "...I admire your attitude, in fact, Lady Relina... ...and I think we could benefit from it. Lucian's expertise may be rather evident, but it would be unwise by any standards to put him in charge of any operation unsupervised, after all the grief he's accused of causing. Unless there are strong objections, in which case we can put it to a vote, I'm willing to entertain the idea that Lucian is being sincere, and that he wishes to give purpose to his life again by doing something he's good at. But it should be done under supervision."

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 11:30:29 am »

[2014/04/12 15:28]  Relina Harem: /me watched the vial with interest "Pure elemental essence... That stuff can power many a spell because almost nothing is wasted in it"

[2014/04/12 15:30]  Emir: /me nods to Lucian. "Admirable that you would say so, after what you went through recently," he comments. "Yes, we will need to take steps to ensure supervision, but as I said, that I can arrange, I believe."

[2014/04/12 15:33]  /me Radem raises his paw. "I have strong objections. Note that nothing in what he just said spoke one whit about all the families and people he damaged during his rule," the rabbit says. "Wealth and prosperity are all well and good, particularly the second one, but he needs to do something to find the people he hurt and make it right in whatever way is fair to them." He snorts softly. "Averted civil war? Please. Ashtyn set the example for the people of this island. We would have found our own leader without someone menacing everyone with sword-wielding mercenary goons. Credit where credit is due for whatever he did in the end, but anything having to do with the transition after Ash died, I'm not buying it."

[2014/04/12 15:35]  Lucian: /me would nod to Zeela.. "Perhaps, but.. That was done out of self interest. I didn't really care about a civil war, I just wanted the throne for myself. I'm glad if it did avert a crisis, though." He speaks, softly, before looking to Xahu and Emir, nodding his head.. "I've no problem with supervision of any sort. I'd prefer if it didn't invade my personal life, but.. Still." He explains, still remaining as honest as he can be.. He then looks to Radem, and he asks, simply and sincerely.. "What can I do for them, Radem? I would hope this economic growth will benifit them as much as it would everyone else in this room, but if you know more I could reasonably do, i'm willing and eager to take your advice."

[2014/04/12 15:35]  Ewyllyn Fu Sheng: /me finally raises her paw. "I rather strongly object." she remarks. "I find the whole situation rather questionable, and it is my experience that people seldom change. The matter of his rise to power initially is sketchy at best, and it rode upon several very convenient coincidences and events. To the extent of my knowledge, Lucian did not even live in Lismore at the time Lord Ashtyn fell... he was an unknown. It was an insidious move and unfortunately the nature of his original takeover has created a situation where it simply is impossible to trust him...no matter his good intentions. For all we know, this could be an insidious act, perhaps with the intent to overthrow the current rule & reclaim Lismore. What 'good' he may or may not have done between then and now matters little. It is what he has the capacity to do that concerns me."

[2014/04/12 15:35]  Ewyllyn Fu Sheng: /me adds: "Personally, I would rather see him imprisoned..."

[2014/04/12 15:37]  Zeela: /me nods to Xahu, "I'm in favour" she replies  before glancing to Radem and rolling her eyes, but not commenting about his first comment. She then shakes her head, "Idealy he would of taken control to ensure a smooth transition.. but still I feel its best he took power rather than let Lismore topple. And given how long I have seen decisions and agreements to take, I believe it would of been months if not years for a new leader to be chosen" she comments to Radem before looking to Lucian and nodding. She then looks back to Ewyllyn and frowns, "If he was on trial for the past, should he not have been arrested, rather than invited here to descuss? And I believe he has been living in Lismore for years now, so why is this only just coming to light if its felt he should be arrested?"

[2014/04/12 15:40]  Xahu Fu Sheng: /me tilts his head, and says simply, "Lord Ashtyn had a son, whom was given the throne by my father and other supporters, Radem included if memory doesn't fail me, once Lord Lucian fell in battle. For whatever reason though, Jakarta was denied the throne once Lord Ashtyn fell in his battle with the balrog.", and he glances to Lucian; perhaps the fenwolf has the answer to that.

[2014/04/12 15:41]  Relina Harem: /me seemed to agree with Radem "I concur on the manner which we were left after Ashtyn's demise. We were separate, yes but we were not in a state to be at eachother's throats by any means" then she looks to Zeela "We were not in that big of trouble actually" then she gives her proposal "I will be willing to give this a try provided he is brought the materials needed and works outside the mana caves. If he needs the refineries, he will only be given access under mine or Jack's supervision"

[2014/04/12 15:44]  Ewyllyn Fu Sheng: /me looks at Zeela. "We are discussing. Though I would prefer Lucian made his own case here; he is a grown man and I expect he should not need you to rise to his defence."

[2014/04/12 15:44]  Lucian: /me would finally show a tiny bit of impatience, as he closes his eyes a moment, and he speaks up.. "My lords and ladies, with respect, I have admitted several times at this very table that my rule was selfishly motivated and executed. If you are aiming to prove that, then I assure you it's not neccesary, as I once again readily admit to it. Please understand, I am not coming to you presenting myself as an innocent man, I come to you as a man who has done evil, and wishes to lend his aid to the city in an effort to repay some of that evil."

[2014/04/12 15:45]  Emir: /me comments quietly. "I asked you once to endure magical means to confirm your identity. Would you allow similar means to ensure that we can be clear of your intentions moving forward?"

[2014/04/12 15:46]  Zeela: /me goes quiet for several moments before she sighs, "May I please have permission to depart from this on going meeting? I do not feel there is anything more I can add"

[2014/04/12 15:48]  /me Radem frowns when Lucian admits to his dark past. Makes it harder to hate him. "As a matter of fact I do. They say let the punishment fit the crime," he says, letting his words hang for a moment. "But I don't think we should torture someone, no matter what they did. It's too bad there's no way to make you re-live the pain you caused others. But I'm sure we can talk to the people involved and see what they feel is appropriate. Building a monument at the cemetery with your own hands, working to provide for the families left behind, something. It would start with you looking them in the eyes and apologizing, and accepting whatever they cared to deliver. I suspect your jaw would be pretty well bruised by the end of the day," he says.

[2014/04/12 15:50]  Relina Harem: /me would mention "If that checks out Emir I see no reason to object to this plan. A better method of refining can make up for the funds."

[2014/04/12 15:52]  Xahu Fu Sheng: /me tilts his head and looks to Zeela, "...we are speaking of potential economical developments and /you/ wish to leave?". He makes a mental note to speak with Zeela in private later, but for now, just says simply, "If you wish, you're dismissed Zeela.". He then turns to Radem, and nods a little, "...I'm sure a monument could be erected, but I was thinking that perhaps part of the proceedings from this new product Lucian intends to explore could be used to create a fund to help those families direct descendants.", and under the table, he pats pats Ewyllyn's thigh gently, acknowledging what she says, but he has a plan, so he's going to go on with it despise of her opinion, and explain to her later, "...if Lord Emir can guarantee his procedure can clear Lucian's intentions and keep him in check, we may give him a chance to prove himself... Lucian may be worth more alive, despite his dark past, than he is dead or rotting in a cell."

[2014/04/12 15:53]  Ewyllyn Fu Sheng: /me looks at Lucian again. "And you misunderstand me, Lucian. I do not care about your repentance, I care about justice. You gave your life for Lismore but what I see in front of me is not a dead man, so as far as I am concerned, you have simply taken a very long nap. I feel you must still face the consequences of your actions, and I do not feel that giving job supplying hard-to-get products is a punishment; it feels more like a reward. I feel you would better show your repentance by submitting yourself to imprisonment before all else, lest the people mistake it for rewarding you and simply loathing you even more."

[2014/04/12 15:53]  Ewyllyn Fu Sheng: /me blinks a little at the thigh-patting from Xahu as well, giving him an inquisitive look.

[2014/04/12 15:58]  Zeela: /me looks to Xahu, "Well given the dismissive responses I get when giving my opinion on the matters being discussed and the ignoring of things being said, I do not feel I can give my input and I feel the majority of you look down on me at a persional level. While I am departing, I would like to review any agreements written up at a later date when they are peer reviewed however" she explains as she stands

[2014/04/12 16:00]  Relina Harem: /me "Zeela, I do not say what I do to look down on you at a personal level."

[2014/04/12 16:04]  Xahu Fu Sheng: /me looks to Zeela, and says with no small amount of criticism, "...and you believe your image will improve if you leave in the middle of our meeting, or choose to interject in the middle of a different matter because you feel unappreciated?"

[2014/04/12 16:05]  Lucian: /me was about to speak to Ewyllyn, but Xahu managed his response well enough, and so he'd simply speak, barely managing to hold back an outburst against the empress in the process.. "Death is nothing like a nap, my lady." Before he then nods to Xahu, and speaks.. "I agree with Radem that it would be more meaningful for me to put my paws to work for these families." He says, and nods to Radem.. "If you would, Radem, i would appreciate it if you would help me accumulate a list of what the families would like me to do, so that I might get to work as soon as possible." And finally, nods to Emir.. "Yes, I would be willing." He looks to Zeela with an inclined head as she goes, but speaks.. "I appreciate your support, Zeela." He might've been disagreeing with alot of her attempts to justify his actions, but he did still appreciate the effort.

[2014/04/12 16:07]  Emir: /me inclines his head curiously, still speaking to Lucian, letting Xahu manage the affairs of the other councilors for now. "Do you remember anything from your time beyond Death's veil?" he asks.

[2014/04/12 16:10]  Relina Harem: /me will remain quiet for now

[2014/04/12 16:11]  Ewyllyn Fu Sheng: /me looks at Zeela next. "You're not everyone's guardian angel, Zeela. I dismissed your opinion because you interjected inappropriately, rising to his defence when he should be defending himself." she says. And then she looks back at Lucian again. "Perhaps not, but it might as well have been. Like I said, I see no dead men before me." And then finally she turns to Xahu again. The lioness is becoming rather impatient with this unpleasant subject herself. "Why is this even a matter for debate, Xahu?"

[2014/04/12 16:13]  /me Radem looks off to the side, considering. "There was a time where I advised Ashtyn on how to handle a criminal. I erred on the side of mercy, and someone nearly died because of it. They didn't change. That incident plus what happened to Xahu and his family have really made me look at things differently," he says. "All things being equal, I wouldn't trust this. Most people _don't_ change," he says. "But... I don't want to be hard-hearted. If we can make sure he's not going to do anything bad, and _if_ he doesn't get to live like a king while the people work day in and day out... I'll help as long as you're trying to make it right." He looks across at Ewyllyn. "A corpse might make people feel better in the short term, but if he'll actually repent and make things better for everyone, that's better. A lot of big "ifs" in that, though," he says, guarded.

[2014/04/12 16:14]  Zeela: /me looks to Xahu, "It is a matter I think we should discuss in the near future in private" she comments, "But please dont let me interrupt the topic at hand" she adds, glancing to the others before moving to leave

[2014/04/12 16:16]  Relina Harem: /me has already given her terms

[2014/04/12 16:21]  Lucian: /me would close his eyes at Ewyllyn's response, but he avoids responding to it, for now, instead looking to Emir and nodding his head.. "Parts of it. There were long moments of dark nothingness, that felt like an eternity to me.. there were.. Events inbetween those moments of nothingness, but I cannot recall them. Overall, I recall the experience as being.. Very unpleasent."

[2014/04/12 16:24]  Xahu Fu Sheng: /me was taught by Emir, so he doesn't take lightly on break of protocol, and says simply to Zeela, " You will find no sympathy from me, Zeela. Go, and consider yourself dismissed of your role of advisor, you clearly aren't ready for it.". He then turns to Ewy, and says softly, "...as I stated before, I believe Lucian can be worth more alive than dead, or in prison. We have two strong objections, and they are not going to be ignored. But we can reach a compromise so long as we execute caution on what comes to allowing Lucian to show he is a changed man."

[2014/04/12 16:30]  Emir: /me drums his fingers, considering. "While I admit curiosity, I see no reason for you to re-live those particular events," he says. "Rather, what I do propose is that I can lay an enchantment upon Lucian to make sure that he is not acting against the town's interests. Should he do so, we would be alerted, simple as that. At such time as the council deems he has earned our trust, the enchantment can be removed. I would propose at such a time we re-convene to measure the worth of Lucian's works, and he consider his place. If we are of an accord, and the system is working, we continue. If not, Lucian leaves of his own accord or is banished, should we believe that is the right course." He looks to Ewyllyn. "Your path is the safest, and in a time of war, I would be inclined to agree. However, we find ourselves with the luxury of time to experiment in the interest of greater prosperity and redemption."

[2014/04/12 16:31]  Zeela: /me rolls her eyes and sighs as she leaves

Xahu Fu Sheng

• VIP Players
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2014, 04:21:02 am »
...and it would be time for another council meeting!

For the major matter to be addressed (demons!), it would be good to have Emir, Athian, Dru, and Valencia around. Also good would be Radem, Mariah, and Ewyllyn.

When would it be a good time/date for you guys?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 05:34:17 pm by Ashtyn »

Tenaar Feiri

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2014, 04:25:31 am »
...and it would be time for another council meeting!

For the major matter to be addressed (demons!), it would be good to have Athian, Dru, and Valencia around. Also good would be Radem, Mariah, and Ewyllyn.

When would it be a good time/date for you guys?

Not this Thursday or Friday, but any other day and time should be fine.

Radem

• Global Moderator
  • Here comes purple bunny tail...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2014, 04:46:02 am »
As usual, I will request a time that a working bunny can make, which basically means not a weeknight, unless we can start at 9pm Pacific (5a UTC, not likely!) or later.

I'm assuming it'll be one of our standard Saturday or Sunday afternoon affairs.

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2014, 07:01:23 am »
I vote for Saturday
"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler

Drubunneh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2014, 03:27:32 pm »
Saturday is best for me. Sunday and Friday i am busy and I work

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2014, 03:33:02 pm »
As some of you know, Aryn and I are moving to a new place this week. While I do hope to get our own internet access up as soon as possible, chances are that it will take a while. To some degree we can use our friend's access while we wait for our own, but since it doesn't have a lot of bandwith (less than 2000 kbit/sec) we can't use it for SL outside of certain time corridors where it is unlikely to interfere with our friends browsing, gaming and working. So it would be really great if the council session could take place sometime in between 3 PM SLT to 3 AM SLT.
Would love to see and play with all of you at the council soon. :)
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.

MysticLancer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2014, 10:34:04 am »
saturday is good but Im not sure who I should bring to this meeting if I do attend.

Aryn Gentlepaw

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2014, 11:10:27 am »
Should Athian and I be able to have some internet and make the time, I d like to attend playing Cecilia (accompanying her mother Valencia to learn about politics and stuff).
Heaven starts with a smile :)

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2014, 04:56:10 pm »
saturday is good but Im not sure who I should bring to this meeting if I do attend.

That would be Relina.   :)

Husky Dragon

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 12:03:02 am »
I would almost say Vheljen or Abbadon might be a more sensible choice from my end.. Mariah's not really a demonologist, her only experience with them is destroying the ones that mess with the temple.