Poll

What do you think the new ruler should do about the Valentines family?

Kill them all!
2 (6.5%)
Exile them!
1 (3.2%)
Sterilize them!
3 (9.7%)
Take away all their stuff and throw them in the poor house!
5 (16.1%)
Pardon them. The true villains have been dealt with!
8 (25.8%)
Make them pay war reparations for as long as they live.
4 (12.9%)
Do nothing. Let them be as they always were.
3 (9.7%)
Other (please post explaining)
5 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: December 20, 2013, 03:59:58 am

Author Topic: Xahu's Secret Research! (what to do about the Valentines)  (Read 8960 times)

Xahu Fu Sheng

• VIP Players
    • View Profile
Xahu's Secret Research! (what to do about the Valentines)
« on: December 17, 2013, 03:59:58 am »
Xahu's advisers are split in their suggestions on how to deal with the remaining Valentine demons. Some want them severely punished, others want less harsh punishments. As this is going to be Xahu's first big move once he is crowned ruler, he's very concerned with the public opinion, because displeasing the public would reflect bad on him!

So he hired a few secret agents, to wander around and listen, and in case where conversation is possible, outright ask people what they think should be done about the Valentines. These agents would be undetectable from background NPCs that would be around town on a daily basis.

This poll is to simulate them gathering information! You can assume your character(s) came in contact with one of these agents at some point, or was overheard if you're the vocal type who would call for someone's death after a few mugs of beer at the inn. So please cast your vote as to what your character would have said that should be done about the Valentines!  :)

(you can choose TWO options on the list, or post your own idea)

Ookamisuke

• View Profile
Re: Xahu's Secret Research! (what to do about the Valentines)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 04:06:06 am »
Okay, I want to put out a little minirant here.

The Valentine family from the Temple, Bellatrix and Cena, helped the resistance during the fight. Therefore, they should be dealt with -separately- from the rest of the Valentines.

On the other paw, I think all the Valentines that are remaining should be monitored for how dangerous they are in their demon form. Maybe have them fight an NPC guard or something under Xahu's watch, or one of his underlings? That way he can get a gauge for how powerful their demon forms are, and if they need dto be...restricted...from using them, except in the most dire of circumstances.

Drubunneh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 04:32:27 am »
If I may Ookamisuke. If you are to rant about this IC issue I think doing so IC would be more appropriate

Aryn Gentlepaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 04:40:29 am »
Hm, each member of the Valentine family should be dealt with on a case by case basis and then see how much they were involved in the crimes and then judged accordingly. In general though a removal from any positions of power (losing their status as nobility) and losing at least the city residence next to the palace.
Heaven starts with a smile :)

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 04:41:25 am »
Got to agree with Dru there, this is all IC and should be handled ICly, the only reason for this poll is to gather people's opinions because questioning everyone ICly would be impossible.
"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler

Ookamisuke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 05:12:05 am »
If I may Ookamisuke. If you are to rant about this IC issue I think doing so IC would be more appropriate

I'm doing it here so everyone can try to plan accordingly. If there was no poll, and this was being done entirely IC, with no OOC poll, then I would have gladly put it all IC. My apologies.

Also:

(you can choose TWO options on the list, or post your own idea)
That was from Hazel. Is this not an idea that I thought up? ;)

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 07:02:45 am »
I am a bit sad that the poll itself only seems to contain the most drastic position anyone can take. For example, you can very well take away a lot of the personal wealth someone has attained without throwing him into the poorhouse.  Or you can make someone repay for damages, without it being a lifelong sentence.

Athian would echo that the Valentine family should be removed from the local nobility, their lands and estate on the main island given to a good cause for the city (maybe open something public in there, a school, a museum, transform it into a theatre, a church or the 1st bank of the Sky Islands and royal treasury) or as a reward for the valiant defenders. The financial wealth of the city-branch of the Valentines should be used to right some of the wrongs they have caused, but family members should be able to retain a humble sum that will allow them a fresh start.

In order to alleviate the worries so many have in regards to their demonic nature and the powers that go along with it, Athian would point to a simple solution: How about demons that want to live in Lismore would have to swear allegiance to the ruler and his bloodline in a way that is similar to how a pact works among demons.
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.

Xela

• Global Moderator
  • Phoenix Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 09:46:35 am »
The info gathering will find the following points of view from my characters:

Xela: Dont paint them all by the same brush. Those who committed treason are dead and the remaining Valentines are suffering enough due to the stigma and loss of family. Leave them alone.
Zeela: It was all Fang's fault. Bring back Edhel, he was trying to keep her in line. She was the one, not him or the others.
Derrin: Judge them for what they did, not what their kind did. Lets make love, not war.
Wright: This proves how demons are, hang every last one of them before it happens again. They'll only rise up for revenge anyway now.
Sina: Nuuuuuuu, Rowan is innocent! He tried to help
Rune: They are forces of Necro, and must be purged.

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 11:09:25 am »
I am a bit sad that the poll itself only seems to contain the most drastic position anyone can take.

...that's what "other" is there for, wuffles.  ;)

The majority of options are drastic because so far the majority of people who spoke up suggested drastic things. If this weren't a heated debate, there would be little need for a secret polling of the people.  ;)

Aryn Gentlepaw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 01:04:34 pm »
Oh right, I gotta differentiate between my characters, silly me :D

Miriamella: Each member of the Valentine family should be dealt with on a case by case basis and then see how much they were involved in the crimes and then judged accordingly, trying to grant each of them a fair trial and a chance for redemption. In general though a removal from any positions of power (losing their status as nobility) and losing at least the city residence next to the palace.

Aryn: Meh, can't we all be nice to each other now?

Navaru: Indifferent
Heaven starts with a smile :)

MysticLancer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 02:17:28 pm »
I think even Bella would agree to the removal of the Valentines from positions of power within the city as well as using the estate to help some of the victims.

Zerah Cero

• @{Cookie Stealer}@
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 03:55:36 pm »
Zerah: Enough has died because of this. We don't need anymore blood on the ground. What is done is done, and we can only plan to prevent it from happening again and make counter measures against any more possible demon uprisings.