Poll

Which day and time would everyone like to start?

Friday - 11 AM SLT
3 (30%)
Friday - Noon SLT
1 (10%)
Friday - 1 pm SLT
2 (20%)
Saturday - 11 AM SLT
1 (10%)
Saturday - Noon SLT
0 (0%)
Saturday - 1pm SLT
1 (10%)
Hold until after new years!
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: December 20, 2013, 01:41:44 pm

Author Topic: Temple in Need  (Read 9819 times)

Husky Dragon

Temple in Need
« on: December 15, 2013, 06:03:45 am »
~This notice will be posted throughout the city and any other areas that have allowed the temple to post it!~

Dear citizens of lismore,

Since Roku Valentine's senseless overhunting and resulting destruction of the forest island that the temple was using to sustain it's supplies of food and medicine, the temple has been having to resort to it's donations, heavily, in order to get by. It's with a heavy heart that I say this, but the temple can't sustain itself on just these donations any longer.

We're asking for help in finding an island amongst the sea of clouds we live in which hosts a forest - if we could find this, and help cultivate and protect it, the temple can once again sustain itself, and take care of it's guests and visitors as it once did.

If you wish to help, please speak to me, or any other tribe member or temple official. Your help will be invaluable, and won't be forgotten.

Blessings and peace,

Mariah, High Priestess.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 08:03:55 pm by Ashtyn »

Husky Dragon

Re: Temple in Need
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 06:26:17 am »
I'm excited to get this event rolling, and I hope you guys are too! :) If your characters are taking part, please go ahead and post here, or IM me inworld! We can arrange a meeting between your character and one of the temple people - i'll also be playing Mariah up at the temple as often as I can. The first part of this event can be expected to take place Friday or Saturday.

MysticLancer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 06:31:08 am »
im afraid I wont be able to make it as I will be out of town next weekend, otherwise I would bring Kain along since he can fly.

Ausar

• Super Poster
  • Demon of Plenty
    • View Profile
    • Starfall
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 07:00:26 am »
Athian would be very much willing to help out the temple. Both by sending some extra supplies from the granary for the time being as well as taking part in such an expedition (he is of the firm believe that nobles should lead by setting an example).

As some may know, he came originally to the flying islands by means of an experimental kind of airship (his family is a patron of arts and science back at Wölfelsgrund). If it would make sense for what you had in mind for your story, feel free to use it as a means of some minor transportation purpose. If not, just say so and I will make sure not to mention it during the storyline (or make up an excuse why it can't be used).
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.

Aryn Gentlepaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 07:07:53 am »
Hm, any of my 3 characters would be willing to take part in that. I ll ponder about which one I ll show up with then :)
Heaven starts with a smile :)

Husky Dragon

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 11:20:31 am »
Thanks for the response guys! <3

im afraid I wont be able to make it as I will be out of town next weekend, otherwise I would bring Kain along since he can fly.

That's okays, there will be more than one actual event in this plotline ^^ we're only doing the setup now.

Athian would be very much willing to help out the temple. Both by sending some extra supplies from the granary for the time being as well as taking part in such an expedition (he is of the firm believe that nobles should lead by setting an example).

As some may know, he came originally to the flying islands by means of an experimental kind of airship (his family is a patron of arts and science back at Wölfelsgrund). If it would make sense for what you had in mind for your story, feel free to use it as a means of some minor transportation purpose. If not, just say so and I will make sure not to mention it during the storyline (or make up an excuse why it can't be used).

As far as airships go - we can't really involve it, but we could easily just say that the noise and presence of an airship would be likely to disturb the wildlife of the newfound forest island. (Plus, it'd be fun to have our scholars and researchers figure out a way to fly by magic!) But the supplies and participation in the expedition would be openly welcome! I'll poke you the next time i'm on, Athian. :3

Hm, any of my 3 characters would be willing to take part in that. I ll ponder about which one I ll show up with then :)

Ok! That sounds good. :) I'll post in groupchat or somewhere when i'm on Mariah, so just go ahead and show up then.

Husky Dragon

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 01:42:13 pm »
Ok guys! I set up the voting for this event early. Have at it!

Zerah Cero

• @{Cookie Stealer}@
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 02:30:40 pm »
:3 I been wanting a char of mine to partake with the temple a long time. Just never been able to get to it. I'll join~

Radem

• Global Moderator
  • Here comes purple bunny tail...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 10:42:57 pm »
Can't make either of these (I say either because the difference between 11a and 1p is really not that much at all - it's basically Friday afternoon or Saturday afternoon)

Husky Dragon

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 08:41:18 am »
Tommorow at 11 AM it is! :) See you all there - the first stage of this event will be meeting with Vheljen and Abbadon, to discuss and investigate ways to locate and move a floating island!

Husky Dragon

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 01:34:32 pm »
The initial meeting has been concluded!

The summary: Those who discussed the methods by which the future forest island may be found and moved discussed the possible use of a divination-enhancing device - this device will be put under construction soon, and all able carpenters and workers of magic are welcome to participate! (As the building will occur offscene - feel free to say your character was involved if you think they would've been!)

There are plans in place to construct a device that haranesses physical and magical energy, and converts it to force to move an entire floating island - there will also need to be participation in the designing and building of this machine!

A magical item was discovered among the research materials that were reviewed - the purpose is, as of yet, unknown, but it's likely that it was created by a race that once inhabited the area around lismore, called the "Sky Elves" - the artifact seems to be invisible to the naked eye, and a plan to unveil it's shroud is already in place. (This will be hosted when there's a good amount of people on for it - it'll be a ritual!)

Those who may have suggestions for any of the devices or discoveries above are encouraged to speak with Miri, Vheljen or Abbadon, and those who might be able to offer diplomatic aid are encouraged to speak with Dru, Athian or Vheljen.

Husky Dragon

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 01:37:31 pm »
Thanks for playing so far, guys! With the holidays coming up, we'll likely be putting a hold on this event until after new years, when more people will be available to take part.

In the meantime, we can assume and do here-and-there roleplays on the building of the two devices, and the ritual. Once we're in 2014, i'll open up a poll for when we do stage 2! If anyone has any thoughts in the meantime, please share them here!

Husky Dragon

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 02:32:44 pm »
[11:00] Bellatrix Valiant makes her way back to the temple early and grins when she saw Danath and Chaplain "Blessings and peace brothers"
[11:01] Chaplain was standing infront of the fire with his arms folded, though he lifts his gaze up and smiles to Bella at her greeting, and dips his head slowly. "Welcome in peace, sister.. I hope the day's treating you well?"
[11:01] Spring approches with a smile and a wave!
[11:01] Danath smiles from the spot he was sitting up to Bella, and he waves a paw, before patting next to him invitingly. "Welcome in peace, sister!" And then he smiles more at Spring, calling out, "And you too! How are you, Spring?"
[11:05] Bellatrix Valiant walks over to sit next to Danath "Keeping myself busy as always, tinkering and what not" then greets Spring "Blessings and peace sister"
[11:08] Spring smiles happily and waves again, her tail flicking as she recognises the people there before she moves closer, "Hello, thank you! umm.. I'm ok.. really hope things work today.. how is everyone else?"
[11:10] Chaplain smiles happily as Spring approaches, the wolf holding out his arms for her, as he speaks.. "Quite well, love.. Me and Danath thought we'd get out here a little early. Vheljen and the others working with them created some impressive machinery that we can use.. But today we'll need to plan how we're actually going about this."
[11:11] Danath smiles as Bella sits next to him, the fox scooting over a little to offer her a warm hug, and kissing her affectionaly on the cheek, before he nods to Chaplain's words, and to spring.. "Very good today! It's nice to finally be on our way to recovering our sustainability.."
[11:15] Bellatrix Valiant scoots over to relax in Danath's hold, purring as she returns an affectionate kiss on his cheek. When Chaplain mentions a machine, her ears perk up straight away "Ohh yes. Ive been helping with that machine for a while."
[11:18] Spring smiles and steps into Chaplain's arms for a hug with a purr, "Chaplain~!" she'd greet in a cheerful tone, before she nods a few times before frowning, "What is a machinery?" she asks, before smiling to Danath and Bella, "Can I help?"
[11:20] Chaplain would smile happily, resting one paw on Spring's lower back, hugging her close, and lowering his head to offer her a warm kiss on the lips.. He smiles adoringly at her question, speaking.. "They're things that are going to help us find and move the new island." And he rubs his paw on her back.. "And of course you can help, sweetheart. We're likely to encounter native life when we arrive, and we're going to really need your help communicating with it."
[11:21] Danath smiles happily, petting Bella lightly with his paw, before giving his head a nod to the talk at hand.. "Even after using the divining machine, we're not sure exactly what to expect once we get there.."
[11:22] Lira Randonovich would slowly approaches from them raising a paw to give a quick wave "Excuse me...i heared...some meeting here would be happening to help the temple....is that right?"
[11:25] Bellatrix Valiant would explain "Machinery is something we build to help accomplish tasks or produce something. Im just glad we finally are able to use electricity and wires"
[11:26] Spring purrs happily and smiles, hugging him firmly back and gently nuzzling his torso, before lifting her head to return the kiss. She would then nod a few times, "Ok! I will try my best" she replies before looking to Lira and giving her a nod, "I think so! I'm here to help" she replies before looking to Bella, "oh! A tool, like an axe?"
[11:28] Chaplain would smile softly to Lira, giving her head a nod.. "You heard correctly, welcome in peace. We'll be getting started in a little while, but for now, feel free to make yourself comfortable."
[11:29] Danath gives his head a soft nod to Bella, smiling, and then nods his head to Spring after.. "Machines and devices are just a more complicated version of a tool." And then finally, he looks to Lira, and smiles as he asks.. "Welcome in peace! Can I get you anything to eat or drink?"
[11:29] Cena Valentine lands a bit roughly on the Temple
[11:29] Lira Randonovich looks at Spring, pearking an ear up when hears her and nods "I see...i would want to speak about this as well.."looks at Cheplain for a moment "Thanks for the reception..." bows herself lightly to him before sitting down slowly before looking at Danath "No...i'm fine, thanks."
[11:30] Cena Valentine lands a bit roughly on the temple ground, trying to move forward as she lands, almost losin gher balance, but managing to stick the landing at the last second. She approaches her mother, settling down next to her. "Greeting,s Mother. I trust the day is treating you rather well today?"
[11:34] Bellatrix Valiant reached down to rub her paws along Danath's legs, having some random facts about the machine run through her mind. When she saw Cena, she grins and answers "Hey dear. I am well, please come join  us"
[11:36] Spring smiles and nods to Danith first, "Thank you, will keep it in mind!" she replies before nodding to Lira, "All help is welcome I think!" the feline would then smile to Cena as she arrives before greeting everyone in general, "And welcome everyone! does anyone need anything?" she asks, turning her back to Chaplain, but leaning against him, gently hugging his arms around her as she does
[11:38] Chaplain would smile, nodding his head to Cena as she enters.. He smiles as Spring leans back against him, glaancing up for a moment to look just under the sun and get it's position, as he speaks.. "A while longer, still." He says, in a soft voice.
[11:38] Danath smiles and rumbles quietly as his legs are rubbed, moving to slip his paws a little under Bella's pauldrons, and rubbing there, as he nods his head to Lira.. "Let me know if you need anything, dear."
[11:39] Lira Randonovich turns her head to Cena when she lands on the island "Ah, Cena...greetings.." nods at her like a hello before returning her gaze to the fire, she moves her fingers lightly manipulating the fire and making a small portion of it come to her paw, as she sighs while watches the fire dancing arround her paw and then looks at Chap "Sir...mind if i make you some questions about an incident in this temple some weeks ago?.."
[11:41] Cena Valentine nods. "That was what I was planning, Mother. I am here to help in any way that I Can. I owe Lismore a great deal." She looks around, fidgeting a bit. She was a little apprehensive, afraid if angels showed up, she'd wind up..lashing out. She'd been getting better at controlling it! She really had! But at the same time, if a whole wing of angels shows up, she didn't know if she could handle it...
[11:44] Bellatrix Valiant would mention "This would be a good chance to see if you are ready to offer to join"
[11:44] Bellatrix Valiant to Cena
[11:45] Cena Valentine nods. "I do not wish to partake in the City Guard, especially after what happened with Miss Fangshi. The Zenko seem to be capable of handling their own without me, and I don't have the right...mindset..to join the military. I do not wish to join Phoenix full-time...and..I'm not so sure if Cruentus is still around..."
[11:46] Spring keeps quiet, listening and leaning against Chalp
[11:50] Chaplain rubs his paws gently on Spring, his tail swishing just a little bit.. HE does give his head a soft nod to Cena, though.. "Cruentes is indeed still around." And then he blinks some to Lira's question, but he nods his head.. "Of course. What questions did you have?"
[11:56] Lira Randonovich asks away then "Is about with that incident involving the white kitsune in the temple...when she was banished. I would want to know what exatly happened with me...for what i know she "played" with my soul..I would want to hear your part of the story.." sighs "If that isn't a problem....I kind don't remember everything exatly.."
[11:58] Bellatrix Valiant would listen closely "Played with your soul?" she asked Lira before she returns her attention to Cena "Cruentus is still around"
[12:01] Spring keeps quiet
[12:10] Chaplain would frown softly, as he shakes his head to Lira.. "I wish I could tell you more.. Lira, is it?" He guesses, before he continues.. "But whatever she had done had already been done by the time I arrived.. The reason she was banished instead of arrested was because we wanted to try and find out if she had assaulted you. Either way, though, she refused cooperation with the temple's protectors, and so was banished. If we find she did indeed assault you, then i'd be glad to go and arrest her myself at any time." Finally, though, he smiles and addresses the group.. "So! It's about time to start. First, with this having been adjusted.." He speaks, as he pulls out a small, magical device, which Bella would likely recognize as the part of the divining device that would display the results.. "Abbadon and Vheljen are standing by to power the divining device.. And here, we will see anything that it picks up. Once that's done, we'll make our plans on how we're going to get there and move things. Sound good?"
[12:13] Lira Randonovich looks at Bella and nods "Well she drained the soul of my body and while this she gave it a good session of "torture and nightmare.." shrugs casually and looks back at Chap, obviously she said that in an ironic way [about the good session]  "Well..i taunted her a bit...in that time I had lost my memory and with my fel taint i was..indeed a troublemaker so i didn't have control..I threw on my father.. a stone...but she wasan't hurt..and then attacked me with soul magic.."
[12:14] Cena Valentine just remains queit and listens, mainly here to assist if asked.
[12:15] Lira Randonovich would also add "I didn't report her before because her son and i were together...but now we have nothing in common.." sighs "Beside i'm -almost sure- she killed my brother.." growls quietly "No i don't have proof beside of what she told me about her powers, temper and public threats.."
[12:17] WhiteFire Sondergaard is online
[12:17] Bellatrix Valiant would mention to Chaplain "Im ready" then frowns as she hears Lira "Geez, good thing we banished her then"
[12:19] Spring frowns as she listens, "..the alpha of your family should slay her.." she comments before nodding to Chaplain, "please let me know what to do"
[12:24] Chaplain would give her head a nod to Lira, as he speaks.. "The city guard is working on the case, last i've heard, and we intend to help if needed." He says, before he holds up the device, and speaks.. "Anyone who uses some form of mana, step over and place your hand upon this.. Channel your energy into it."
[12:25] Cena Valentine stands up. "Umm...does electricity work? It's not exactly mana, buit..well, I could try...."
[12:26] Bellatrix Valiant gets a little excited and gets up to walk over and join Cena to transfer energy "Mhhh im brimming with it today, how about you dear?" she asked Cena
[12:27] Danath would sit back, for now, as the fox's abilities worked off physical energy, rather than mana.
[12:30] Spring smiles, "I can use magic.. that will help, right?" she asks, turning back to Chaplain and looking up at him, resting her chin on his torso
[12:32] Lira Randonovich nods at Bella and then looks back at Spring "My father is her friend...he doesn't agree with what she did with me and the only reason he didn't stop her from plaing with my soul was: she was with my soul if he stopped her I probably would die.." sighs remembering of the 'dreams' and folds her ears back closing her paw and killing the fire she was manipulating "..."
[12:41] Chaplain smiles softly, giving his head a nod to Spring, as he holds the object out so the three could reach it, then he smiles to Lira.. "It looks like you have some magic, friend. Come help us?" He asks, politely.
[12:42] Cena Valentine touches her Mother, as she doesn't trust herself not to shock Chaplain....and begins sending her electrivity through her mother's body, smiling as she watches the device in Chaplain's hands.
[12:43] Lira Randonovich looks at Chap and nods "Sure...i would be glad to help" stands up slowly scratching lightly her left cheek
[12:43] Spring smiles and nods to Chaplain, reaching to place a paw on the device, closing her eyes and beginning to hum softly to project some of her magic into it
[12:44] Bellatrix Valiant lays her paw on the device and starts charging it, when her daughter sends her some energy, arcs of lightning rise between her ears
[12:45] Lira Randonovich raises a bit her paw as she concentrates some fire on it..suddnely the fire disappear and is left a "blue" fire..it's mana energy , lira's eyes begins to glow while doing it so. She places a paw on the device and begins to transfer some mana to the device as she was requested
[12:48] Chaplain would smile softly to those around, carefully tracing his paw along some of the symbols engraved in the device, in a slow and practiced manner.. As he does this, and as magic begins flowing into the device, the crystal in the center starts to glow, and a misty form of starry energy emits from it, though doesn't yet take any sort of shape..
[12:52] Spring begins to chant softly as she continues to pour in her magic, if anyone could understand elven, they'd hear her chanting a prayer, asking the nature on any nearby islands to let itself be known
[12:56] Lira Randonovich would close her eyes and slow her breath to keep her mind calm and don't use more mana than 70% of it...she continues to channel her mana into the object, no words coming from her.
[12:56] Cena Valentine places her other paw on the crystal now...and begins to slowly pour a bit of electricity into it, trying not to let it spark across to Chaplain's paws!
[13:00] Chaplain would keep his eyes on the device for the moment, the starry energy starting to take shape.. He'd speak out after a moment.. "Okay! It's got enough energy.. Now we wait." He says, with a soft smile, watching the starry energy emitting from the crystal flow and assume shapes.. at first, the only shapes were a series of blobs floating around, but that'd change, soon enough.
[13:01] Spring withdraws her paw, reaching to take hold of her necklace, gripping it firmly as she watches the crystal closely, trying to recognise anything
[13:04] Cena Valentine pulls her paws away. "If you need a flyer to scout the island...I'd be *more* than happy to go myself. I've survived onthe edges of the wilderness for months on end...I think I can handle some recon work..."
[13:05] Lira Randonovich lets out a deep sigh and moves her paw away moving it a bit to dispel the mana energy and rests both pawns on her waist and opens her eyes normalizing her breath's speed "Done it" watches the crystal interested on it since she never had much chance to study such objects
[13:06] Bellatrix Valiant pokes Cena's belly "Think you can carry me with you then?"
[13:10] Cena Valentine hmms. "I'll need to be in my third form, Mother. My wings in this form are...a bit too small."

Husky Dragon

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 02:32:51 pm »
[13:15] Lira Randonovich looks at Cena and smiles "Mind if I go with you two? I miss some action and adventure time...this may distract my mind for a while as well..."
[13:16] Bellatrix Valiant humms "Well anyone is invited to come with us so yes"
[13:18] Chaplain would smile after a few moments, when the starry energy starts to take the form of small, but vividly detailed islands.. In the center, lismore's island chain is situated, and there's several other islands throughout the strange, magical mapping. those who were particularly observant would notice that there are two large, forested islands amongst those shown in the starry energy..
[13:21] Spring leans closer to inspect, pointing at one of the islands, "That one is large enough and flat enough to possibly support trees.. um, and the shape does not look as weathered as one might expect of planes"
[13:23] Cena Valentine flexesher wigns, her body beginning to crackle as she begins to prepare to change forms. "Say the word, Sir, and i'll investigate."
[13:24] Lira Randonovich nods at her "i can fly by my own, yes..." would then turn her attention to the images when they begin to be formed, she rubbs her chin studding all the islands quickly "hmm..." but doesn't say anything yet
[13:25] Bellatrix Valiant would look in and study the map "Do we know what sort of feral life inhabits these lands? Do we know much about the specific plants and the soil?"
[13:33] Chaplain gives his head a soft shake.. "What's shown here is unfrotunately all we know.. It took an enormous amount of magic energy just to power this device and the one it is linked to, just for this.. But it's all we need." He says, with a smile, and would look about.. "Can someone get a pen and parchment from upstairs? We should copy this down." He says, and then nods to Spring, as he studies the one she pointed out.. "Not bad at all, actually.. That might be our first bet."
[13:34] Cena Valentine looks up to Chaplain. "So. Recon is going to be needed, Sir?"S he asked, the sparks beginning to play between her horns.
[13:36] Bellatrix Valiant makes her way upstairs to grab some parchment and a pen to bring down to Chaplain "Sure thing"
[13:37] Lira Randonovich looks at Bella "I'm a herbalist...but knowing the kind of vegetation we can find in there would help a lot.." looks at the druid and nods "Indeed i agree with you...and .." hears Chap and sighs "Okay..
[13:38] Spring smiles and nods, "I can ask the birds to keep an eye out.." she comments before blinking and frowning, "..what is a pen and parchment?" she then smiles to Lira and nodding
[13:40] Chaplain gives his head a nod in agreement to Cena's question. "We'll rent a few gryphons to carry those who can't fly, or carry them ourselves, and plan a visit to this island soon. I'll make sure it's posted both here and in the city what day and time we'll be making our way over." He says, and then he moves to gently hand the device to Spring, speaking softly.. "Hold on to it carefully, love."
[13:41] Cena Valentine skumps, the electricity fading. "Oh...Drat. Alright...Well, I'm hereif you need me."
[13:42] Danath slowly moves to stand up behind the others, and he speaks.. "Before we all go for the day, I think we should speak briefly about what'll happen when we get there. We need to have a plan in place for how we're going to interact with any local wildlife or people we may find there." He says, shifting his wings a little. "We'll naturally want to avoid unsettling anyone we find, and will want to do our best to work to both our benifits. Though Naneth blesses our journey to find this island, we would be far in the wrong if things came to violence."
[13:43] Lira Randonovich nods at Chap "hmm...i see...well this indeed is going to help...but would be better if we send a person or two to study a good part of the island to land...to avoid ...many problems..find a safe place for the gryphons and etc.." looks at Dana "you read my mind"
[13:45] Bellatrix Valiant returns with the pen and paper to hand to Chaplain "As requested" she says with a light smile before she walks around to pat Cena's head "Oh dont fret hun" then speaks up as Danath mentions any fights "Hopefully if we meet any local peoples we could offer something in exchange. Our connection with the world outside the portal that leads to these lands is a plus"
[13:46] Spring accepts the crystal and smiles, holding it still for Chaplain, nodding her head a few times, "I can talk to the animals.. but if they mean ill then there is not much I can do"
[13:50] Lira Randonovich looks at them "Well i'm afraid i'm not being able to help much with the...exploration.." sighs "I'm going to travel soon and...i don't know when i'm coming back.." clears her throat "But i'll be happy to help in anyway i can while i'm arround.."
[13:51] Chaplain would smile softly to Bella, going to give her a quick, one armed hug, before he starts to draw out the map, and label the different things seen on it.. The wolf seems to be shockingly skilled with the pen, writing in caligraphy and drawing out the islands in near-perfect detail. He perks an ear to the others as they speak, before nodding quietly. "Yes.. Asides from being concerned about disturbing natives.. There's another concern." He says, as he draws, and continues as he looks up for a moment.. "We've been attacked by a number of skylands creatures since our arrival here.. Some have been quite nasty. The concern in the back of my mind is that, since these islands are close... These creatures could've come from any one of the islands around us, including our potential forest." He also smiles to Lira's words.. "You've already done us a great service by helping today, and we'll be certain to let you know when there's more."
[13:53] Danath gives his head a soft nod between Spring and Bella, smiling softly. "That sounds good. We could possibly provide them with food, or seeds of plants that aren't native to the area.. That, and the temple intends to only help the place we find grow, and to peacefully coexist with those already living in it, if there is anyone."
[13:54] Cena Valentine says, "Maybe the creatures see us as a threat to their territory. I mean, we did kind of pop in unannoucned. If we could find someone who speaks their language, we could try to talk to them and arrange for them to have a nest or 'claim' parts of the island as their own. It would mean additional protection, would it not? " She hoped they understood what she meant..."
[13:55] Spring keeps quiet and watches as Chaplain draws, before she'd smile and comment, "I bet you make nice wall paintings.."
[13:56] Bellatrix Valiant lowered her ears "I could understand if it really was their territory, but we really just took up unoccupied space when we did pop up here"
[13:58] Lira Randonovich looks at Cena and nods and then to the others "Well.." sighs she looks bothered with something and rather distracted "I think I need to do someething else...if that isn't a problem"
[13:59] Cena Valentine s hakes her head. "Flying creatures sense of territory expands beyond what you or I may think. What we consider as unoccupied space could very well have been the neutral ground between two creatures, yes. But when we arrived, they owuld have seen that we have much to offer, and that neutral ground is now in jeopardy. My case still stands. W4e need to meet with the other islands, if they have life, and find someone who can speak the sky flier's langauge, so we can arrange a truce with them. Keep the neutrality of the netural zone. Or, on the flip side, we may bvery well be intruding on numerous territories, and not even know it."
[14:00] Chaplain would frown softly to Cena, glancing back down for a moment, as he speaks.. "I'm afraid that we have had contact with someone who speaks for them.. His name is Maxwell, and his stated intention was to turn us into creatures like the ones we've been attacked by. They used terrible magic against us during both attacks.. The first caused horrifying illusions, and the second started a nasty magical plague that took quite a bit of effort from all three of the zenko, city and temple to do away with.. Make no mistake, I believe that if we encounter these creatures, they should be destroyed." And he smilse softly to Spring, speaking.. "Drawing and writing were past times of mine back when I was a serving paladin."
[14:01] Danath would smile softly to Lira, dipping his head to her.. "If you must, dear.. Go with peace, and please keep safe. You're welcome bacak here anytime."
[14:02] Cena Valentine frowns. "So they are openly hostile....with no chance of retribution?" She folds her arms. "I can't say I agree with killing them...but if that is what you say neds to be done...I will not argue..."
[14:02] Lira Randonovich nods at DAna gives them a wave before turning arround and leaving, taking a gryphon to go back to the city
[14:03] Bellatrix Valiant says, "Im afraid so hun but if we do encounter them, well fight together""
[14:04] Cena Valentine frowns, seeming..pensive.
[14:15] Spring smiles to Chaplain and nods, "I'd like to see that~" she comments before frowning at the talk going on, unsure what to add
[14:16] Chaplain would give his head a soft nod to Cena.. "He was not interested in our wishes for independence when we spoke to him." He says, sadly, but speaks.. "I don't mean to decieve anybody.. We're truely not sure what we'll find when we're out there. But we'll get through it." Saying that last bit with a smile, and presenting the map.. "So.. Are there any other questions, or anything else anyone wants to bring up before I bring our findings to Mariah and we start making preperations for our scouting run?" And then he smiles, nodding to Spring. "Of course, dear."
[14:17] Cena Valentine shakes her head. "None, Sir."
[14:21] Bellatrix Valiant says, "I cant think of anything either""
[14:27] Spring smiles happily and hugs chaplain, "Horay! I can show you the cave I sometime rest in.. got a few paintings there" she comments, "But.. is that all I can help with for today?"
[14:28] Danath would smile softly to the group, going to bow softly, before heading on his way towards Mariah's house.. "Thank you all for coming, your assistance is invaluable.. As said, we will be making sure everyone knows when we're ready to take the next step."
[14:29] Chaplain smiles soflty to Spring, nodding his head.. "Well.. Since it sounds like we're done here, go ahead and lead the way, love." He says, handing the map across to Danath, as he speaks to the others.. "Thank you all for coming today. We'll get through this yet, i'm sure of it."

Husky Dragon

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 02:34:30 pm »
Above are logs from today's meeting. In summary - a potential candidate for the temple's forest island has been located by the power of a divining device.  Concern was expressed and addressed for the possibility of cooperating with peaceful natives, or for fighting against potential hostile factions such as Maxwell's cult. And a plan is now in place to scout out the island, the date and time of which is to be announced soon!