Author Topic: The Coronation of the Valentines  (Read 3950 times)

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
The Coronation of the Valentines
« on: November 28, 2013, 06:45:56 pm »
These are IC events that could have been witnessed publicly and for which there would be plenty of sources available to describe what went on. The summary of the event describes what would be readily available to be known. Remember that people's personal thoughts or private chats would not necessarily be known so please refrain from metagaming them!

Summary:

The peoples of Lismore were summoned for a meeting in the plaza before the tower palace of Lismore. In the meeting, Emir Brightmane, Prime Minister of Lismore, announced the unfortunate demise of lord Xian Fu Sheng.

It was then announced that the lady Dru and her son Xahu have left Lismore, to grief for Xian in the temple where Dru was raised.

The Valentines Edhel and Xian Fangshi were proclaimed rulers of Lismore, according to a document signed by Dru, abdicating the throne in their favor!

The crowd was relatively skeptical but despite some arguments, no hostilities took place.

In conclusion, the Valentines decreed that for that day and night, food and drinks should be made available for free to anyone of the people who wanted some. Also baths and the spa services were made available for free for that day and night. The Valentines stated that they would pay for all expenses out of their own pockets.

Log:

[15:49] Edhel Valentine comes up to the throne room with Emir, not continuing on the conversation of sorts they were having, starting anew, "...I trust your curiosity was properly satisfied, lord Emir? Shall we send out the criers to announce we're about to begin?", and he turns to Fang, and of all things...., "...are you wearing /that/ for your coronation? ...it's so... plain!", he teases.
[15:51]  "The people of Lismore are more likely to relate to plain than they are the ostentatious," Emir advises Edhel, as well giving a politenod to the seated demon upon the throne.
[15:52] Xian Fangshi Valentine nods at Emir. "My thought exactly. Our purpose now is to win the people over and create an image." she agrees, rising up from the throne. "So yes, send out the criers. We are ready to proceed."
[15:56] Lira Randonovich sighs and looks arround "And we should leave right?..staing in front of the palace for this long...isn't well seen i suppose.."
[15:56] Edhel Valentine nods a little to Fang, and he turns to one of the guards, saying simply, "...Send out the town criers, have them announce that a gathering of the people is requested, in the palace plaza.". The guard would nod, and proceed right away to do as told!
[15:57] Nazatuur Radonovich IV waves her hand "Fuck them if I not can stand and marvel at palace..." He looks around "No one told me to move...
[15:58] Lira Randonovich sighs "And people say i'm the stupid one..but you have a point there ! And since when do you care about appearance?" points at his hat "I don't remember you wearing those things when i was a kid !"
[15:59] Emir comments simply, "A wise choice," and glances at Edhel. "It will take a short while for people to assemble. Are there any matters of logistics to discuss?"
[15:59] Lira Randonovich looks at the guard and sighs "Eh..and where is this place?.."
[16:00] Nazatuur Radonovich IV raises a brow "You not remember my straw hat that I always wore..?
[16:01] Lira Randonovich blinks and looks at him shaking her head negativilly "Nope...should i?"
[16:02] Lira Randonovich blinks before looking at her father shaking her head in a negative answer "Nope...should i?"
[16:04] Xian Fangshi Valentine begins to straighten her hair a little bit in preparation. "I believe we are still acquainting ourselves with the systems that were previously in place...?" she questions Edhel. And then she motions for another guard to keep an eye on the plaza & inform her when it looks full enough.
[16:04] Nazatuur Radonovich IV nods "Da, I used it to cover my eyes, and I almost -always- wore it..
[16:04] Edhel Valentine thinks on Emir's question, and shakes his head a little, "...none I can think of. I believe as the one already holding office, it would be appropriate for lord Emir to give the news of lord Xian's demise, and his relatives' abdication.", and he gives Emir a knowing glance.
[16:06] Lira Randonovich shrugs "I still don't remember !" begins to whistle..aparently she remembers but is hiding something "And where is this plaza place anyway?"
[16:06] Emir looks to Fang. "I defer to her grace," he says simply, "as she has put wording about such into her speech. My intent is to cede the floor as quickly as possible. It is not me that the people are here to see."
[16:08] MoonSong Darkstone is online.
[16:10] Xian Fangshi Valentine rubs her chin a little bit. "I briefly mention that in my speech, yes." she says to Edhel. Then she looks at Emir. "I still wish you to remain in sight, keep things looking as normal as possible. So, how are we going about this? Balcony, or shall we step down to join the people there?"
[16:11] Lira Randonovich sighs "well..i' going to search...see you there daddy.."
[16:11] Lira Randonovich sighs "But i have the feeling is right here.."
[16:11] Edhel Valentine smiles to Fang, and says ever so simply, "...the balcony. After we are declared rulers, the people may come inside to congratulate us, or attempt to assassinate us."
[16:11] Nazatuur Radonovich IV raises a brow "Search? but you heard the herald.. We are to meet here.
[16:12] Nazatuur Radonovich IV meditates a little as he waits, his eyes closing as he holds his balance on one leg
[16:14] Emir shakes his head. "I respectfully disagree. The people of Lismore care little for the ways of nobility in other lands. They will be more receptive on equal footing."
[16:15] Xian Fangshi Valentine hmms a little bit. "Well... then I shall still go with the balcony. Even if it is not equal footing, my voice will carry better." she says. "Alright. Let us do this then!" And she takes a deep breath. "I'm ready."
[16:16] Nazatuur Radonovich IV puts a finger to his lips "Shhhh.... meditating... It helps soothe mind and control emotion... I learned from monks..."
[16:16] Edhel Valentine sighs and rolls his eyes, "...they should be educated...! ...but whatever Fangshi prefers!". As Fang decides for the balcony, he reaches for one of her paws, and would walk over there to the balcony holding hands with Fang, and then motion for the curtains to be open...
[16:18] Lira Randonovich facepalm not really beliving on that before looking away "if you say so.. looks at the new comer following her with her gaze before loooking over to the palace, wondering what is this about
[16:18] Zeela glances about as she arrives before asking noone in particular, "There's some silver in it for anyone who can tell me whats going on.."
[16:19] Xian Fangshi Valentine would take Edhel's paw, nod at him and then walk along with him over to the balcony, and out as the curtains are opened.
[16:20] Nazatuur Radonovich IV shrugs lightly, eyes closed "Not sure.. I think this is what shadows tell me about, though.." He says casually, as if everyone can hear the voices
[16:20] Lira Randonovich looks at Zeela "We want to find out as well...." sighs crossing her arms right before she listens something coming from over her, seeing the two people, her expression suddnely becoming serious
[16:22] Emir shouts: Good men and women of Lismore, and any and all guests in attendance! I ask your attention for a matter of importance to our city! If I could ask for your silence, I must make an announcement.
[16:23] Nazatuur Radonovich IV opens his eyes and puts his foot down when he hears the shout, looking up silently. Imagine his surprise when he sees his employers
[16:23] Zerahcero: brb)
[16:25] Zeela blinks a few times before her eyes widen at the sight of who was standing on the balcony of the palace. Opening and closing her mouth a few times, she gets a gut feeling what is going on.. but would remain quiet. She'd then take a moment to look around at the reactions of the others in the square, before frowning as she sees Jack apparently loading a round, able to see the glow of the magic of his movement due to her manasight. And so without a word, she'd casually shift over to stand in front of him as she watches the palace, subtly getting in his way so he wouldnt be able to act as easily
[16:26] Lira Randonovich growls quietly at herself without a happy mood for seeing them over the balcony of the palace...she would look at her father with a worried expression before looking up at the demons again...she sighs wondering what is happening since she never heared about them being part of the royal family
[16:29] Emir stands straight at the side of the balcony, looking out across the assembled townsfolk. The Prime Minister waits for any last rumbling to fade before he speaks, voice carrying with the volume of a battlefield commander, but none of the harsh edge. In fact, there's a troubled somber tone when he begins. "It is with regret that I address you today," the knight states, "for I must announce to you that Lord Xian Fu Sheng has most unexpectedly passed from this world. While his loss leaves pain and anguish in its wake, the city remains strong; I ask for your confidence and patience during trying times. Please remain a few moments longer while Duchess Valentine makes an announcement," he says, turning to give the foxramau a deep nod and he steps symbolically to the edge of the balcony.
[16:32] Edhel Valentine stands and waits for Emir to address the crowd, and then for Fangshi to speak, simply quiet and looking regal for now.
[16:33] Xian Fangshi Valentine steps forward, taking a deep breath as she maintains a calm & focused look about her, not smiling. This is a serious matter after all. "People of Lismore!" she calls out with the confident force & authority practiced over so many years in her own family. "It is with both exhilarating joy & great sadness that I stand before you on this day and speak. For today marks a significant day in our nation's -- our empire's history, yet a significant day born of great tragedy. Our dearly beloved lord of the lands -- emperor, had he finished his work before this event -- has tragically passed away. It has been known to some that the Lord has had trouble with his heart in recent days, and two days ago it simply ceased to beat. Attempts at revival sadly proved fruitless." And then she pauses for a few seconds to gaze down upon the gathering of people and let that settle properly.
[16:35] Lira Randonovich looks at Ciran whispering something to him in the middle of the people before resuming to watch the demons
[16:35] Nazatuur Radonovich IV's silently wonders what they are wearing, then jaw drops slightly in hearing that the king (he assumes, since he's never really asked who the king was), has died from heart failure. He nods and leans over to Lira "Da... this is -definitely- the trouble shadows speak to me about..." He says quietly
[16:37] Xian Fangshi Valentine carries on with the speech. "Though we as a people shall mourn his passing, let us not forget that the world moves on. The passing of Lord Xian Fu Sheng brings about a new era for us, the people of Lismore, an era that shall not only continue to bring about the peace and prosperity we hold so dear in Lismore for many years to come, but shall also see us grow and expand as a nation and empire!" she calls out to the people, her paws coming to rest upon the balcony's banister. "That is why, on this day of profound change, I stand humbly before you to announce that the Fu Shengs have stepped down from their positions as Lord and Lady of Lismore. I, Xian Fangshi Valentine, & Edhel Valentine, have thus been selected to take their place as your new Lady & Lord of the land!"
[16:37] Jack Lanterns laughed aloud "how long do you think the town will buy into the sherade? heart failure? please. xain had no heart in his body that beat. it was kept elsewhere away from prying eyes, a heart so enchanted does not simply stop beating of it's own accord"
[16:38] Ciran Acinonyx is there, arms folded across his chest and peering between the guards and the balcony in alternation. He seems to be making great effort to avoid Naz as well. "So I was right..." he said to himself. What he's right about the cheetah offers no insight upon. Even when Lira whispers in his ear he only shook his head; his words somber. "I don't have an answer for you, Lira. In a word: Change. Change is happening, and not for the better, I fear."
[16:38] Felix Stourmead: im gonna have to post in local due to mobile client
[16:39] Nazatuur Radonovich IV (Nazatuur Resident) OOC: you can still use channel commands I think
[16:39] Lira Randonovich looks at Jack before quickly nodding at Ciran, she remains calm though bringing her profissional learnings to this moment before staring back at the demons, studing their reactions as she walks closer to Jack ...just in case he needs some help
[16:40] Zeela listens quietly, her eyes remaining focused on Fang and Edhel, a frown remaining on her face, although not overly surprised by the news. The feline would then frown as people start to mutter, before she glances behind her at Jack as he calls out, "I advise keeping quiet and keeping conspiracy theorys down.. have you seen how many guards are here?" she asks softly, "Or you going to go mad again?"
[16:41] Edhel Valentine perks his ears as he notices Jack in the crowd, shouting at them. He shakes his head a little, but stays quiet, letting Fang finish speaking.
[16:41] Felix Stourmead: \me Relina Harem gives fangshi a stern look " i do not recall xian ever appointing a replacement....."
[16:42] Xian Fangshi Valentine glances briefly to Jack as he speaks out his protests, but then she continues as if he isn't. It is a matter they will deal with properly once this is all over. She continues. "What will the future hold for us? I cannot give you a good answer. But we shall strive to uphold our nation's values and that of its previous leaders, to keep our land a sanctuary for all people, a place of peace and prosperity! To uphold and protect all that makes Lismore a great and wonderful place to live in!" she exclaims with passion in her voice. "Many of you may be aware of a great deal of controversies surrounding me and my family. Many may even remember when we were struck down for the longest time, struggling to keep ourselves afloat. But as written in our history, we rose back up to prosperity through willpower alone when all else stood against us. And this willpower, this force to rise against all opposition, we shall take to Lismore as a whole, as our predecessors did before. No enemy of our people, no threat to our
[16:42] Xian Fangshi Valentine society shall be allowed to oppose our nation. Like always, we as a people shall persevere no matter the hardships that befall us. For we are Lismore, and we are a proud and strong nation, one that shall not fall to those that would see it fallen!"
[16:45] Jack Lanterns just grinned a mad grin "right then. keep telling yourselves that if that's what helps you sleep at night..." it was obvous he didn't care about the guards at the door. he had faught much larger and much more numerous things than the mere armored guards at lismore's castle. "so then. you've found his heart, stabbed it, and when the queen was defenceless you used a guise of peace to lie and cheat your way in to attack when she was most vulnerable.... may azula have mercy on what meterials make up your souls..."
[16:45] Zerahcero: (Back and holy crap a lota people. XD)
[16:46] Lira Randonovich (Krenic Resident) OOC: wait i lost my way...they said the queen was still alive right? @_@...
[16:47] Flo was now just heading up to join the gathering, not really to sure about the summoning. She can at least peak in to see what was going around for the gathering despite her short time. She will just keep to the side for now and nod greetings to those who do greet her to the gathering. No need to bother things she isn't assosiated with.... least she thinks she isn't.
[16:47] Nazatuur Radonovich IV slowly shifts his stance, sliding his left foot back a bit at the news. He then drops down his goggles, not liking where this is going one bit "Govno... Is not not good, comrade" says quietly, but more to Ciran behind him, then speaks up "Why did prince or queen not come to give up throne?"
[16:48] Zeela (ZeelaSoulstar Resident) OOC: dont think the queen was mentioned
[16:49] Lira Randonovich touches her bracelets as those close to hear may hear some metalic noise but nothing more except that before she looks over to the demons again
[16:49] Ash Hammerthall: ((it was said that Dru abdicated in favor of the Valentines))
[16:50] Nazatuur Radonovich IV (Nazatuur Resident) OOC: Naz assumed she is alive cuz they didn't say she was dead..
[16:50] Zeela (ZeelaSoulstar Resident) OOC: aah, ok
[16:50] Xian Fangshi Valentine takes a deep breath before she begins the conclusion. "I know some of you may have concerns, or are frightened even by these changes, but Lismore will carry on as it always have, stoic, with its back straight and with joy & pride. Your lives will carry on as they always have, and you shall live well knowing that you are under the protection of the Valentine family." she announces, at last smiling down at the people. "We shall not disappoint you!"
[16:51] Ciran Acinonyx tilted his head to a side as he peered up at the balcony and asked the only relevant question he could think of. "Where is Xahu right now?"
[16:51] Emir remains a silent sentinel standing next to the pair on the balcony, hands behind his back, merely listening and scanning the crowd for reactions.
[16:51] Lira Randonovich frowns whispering to herself "You already did.." blinks and looks at Ciran noding at his question before quickly looking up at the demons again
[16:52] Sir Godfrey would look up after he made his way onto the platform with heavy steps, obviously having a hard time getting up here with his crane, pushing his glasses close to his face to not lose it as he gives the Valentines a longer look, listening curiously while smoking.
[16:53] Felix Stourmead: peers over to Jack and nods to him " jack, we will discuss this afterwards"

Ashtyn

• Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The Coronation of the Valentines
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 06:46:27 pm »
[16:55] Edhel Valentine waits for Fang to conclude her speech, and he turns to look at Jack down there, calling him out in a shout, "Mister Jack! ...you, who worked on my family's many construction projects, you who were never mistreated by us, and richly rewarded by your work! Why do you speak against us now? Is it your madness flaring up again?", and he speaks now more broadly, to all others present, "...this is the Jack, who went mad not long ago, attacking random people in the streets, threatening Lismore as a whole, due to the disappearance of his wife at the time! This is the man who threatened to blow up half the island! The man lady Relina of Zenko pardoned even after he injured her and many others!", he is of course calling into question Jack's character, because Jack is kinda known to be a bit crazy, "This, people of Lismore, is the same man who repeatedly said he did not acknowledge our late lord Xian as the legitimate lord of Lismore! It seems to him nobody is fit to rule these islands, no matter who they are!"
[16:56] Zeela shakes her head and sighs at Jack's outburst, muttering under her breath, "All these manacorrupts are mad.." she'd comment before looking about at the other people's reactions, flicking an ear as she thinks she hears metal, her eyes narrowing as she keeps scanning the group. She'd then wait a few moments before looking back up to Fang and Edhel, "uuh.. Long live Lismore!" she'd call before nodding in agreement.. Jack had threatened and almost attacked her in the past, and she had not forgotten
[16:58] Lira Randonovich sighs "And when is going to be the burial of our king?" asks loudly expecting to be heared
[16:58] Ciran Acinonyx hmm'ed to himself as his question was differed. And so he reaches into his wallet and spends the next several moments rooting around in there until he produces a gold piece he'd obtained since arriving here; the local currency. embossed with whatever minting processes were involved. Hefting it in his paw, he'd take aim and launch it at the balcony. He's not a particularly good shot and it slams soundly against the archway overhead. "Where's Xahu?" This time with obvious irritation.
[16:59] Jack Lanterns snarls some, a deep blue fog emitting from his muzzle as an eye glanced to relina. "oh we'll talk alright..."  jack giving a subtle sign to his landmine by scratching at his ear. "If you'd just come out with the truth instead of hiding behind lies" he'd respond to edhel. "I know xain did not die from heart failure. It's an impossibiltity. Xain was raised as a litch, his heart was never in his body to begin with. Litches keep thier hearts in safe havens, so well defended nothing gets through without a hard time.  so you saying he died of heart failure is nothing but a pathetic joke to what you caused the heart to do.  you forget who you speak to, I am jack lanterns, Mage of the guild and manabeast of the zenko. I see more, hear more, and know more on the arcane nature of my suroundings than you could ever hope to gleam in a hundred years of devoted study.   I'll leave you to your rule, But i still only acknolidge ashtyn as the rightfull ruler of lismore. keep up your play time as long as you like, It makes
[16:59] Jack Lanterns  diffrence to me at the moment"
[17:01] Xian Fangshi Valentine smiles at Zeela. "Yes. Long live Lismore, and may our home be graced with many, many more years of peace and prosperity!" she agrees, after Edhel's called out Jack. Then she turns to address the people again, blinking some as a golden coin smacks against the balcony. "For now you may return to your daily lives, people of Lismore! An open court shall be planned and announced soon in which we will personally address the concerns that you may have! Please refrain from throwing items at the balcony or us as well. It will be considered assault and treated as such. We will handle all your issues in due time."
[17:01] Flo blinks some as she is now curious.... Lismore has always ben a trechurous place and the valantines... or least some never have been the nice sort. The character assassination of Jack also being ployed after the outburst only made her more... curious. There wasn't any need to bring up the past. The man was worried sick for his wife and acted out of emotion rather then ratonal thought.... she would have done the same. Still.... with Xian now gone, she has to revise the edict of their treaty for the valantines and schedule a meeting... back to work it would seem. Though, it won't hurt to ask a few things.
[17:02] Nazatuur Radonovich IV blinks "Hey!... So what if he did all of this?! The man's wife disappeared, c'mon!... You take a man's wife, his heart goes with it!... One cannot make clear judgments after such losses, too!.. So don't judge the man!" He calls out to the crowd and the new leaders "Is no one's place to judge another....."
[17:03] Sir Godfrey would quietly rise an eyebrow, watching to the coin being flipped up towards the balcony. His attention quickly turned to Jack however as he went on speaking, watching him a while longer with his lips pursing over what he had said. Well... he sure knew his stuff. And equipped with a good reason to believe what he said, his... accusing sounded sort of justified... even if he was known for losing it.  But... what did he know.
[17:03] Lira Randonovich looks at her father surprised at his reaction before sighing and looks back at the demons, a worried expression across her face paing attnetion on them...especially if they attempt to whisper
[17:04] Nazatuur Radonovich IV shakes his head as well at Zeela, sighing at her compliance, equating it to submission. Then his eye catches the gold coin as it flies up, widening as Ciran just -gives- away gold like that
[17:06] Edhel Valentine perks his ears a little startled as someone throws something, and he then turns to fix his eye on Ciran. He reaches for Fang, and says very softly to her, "...sis, they deserve to know. The Fu Shengs were very dear to them...". And he speaks up, about Jack again, "...I remember having heard prince Xahu say many times before something on the lines of "be thankful you are in Lismore, where you can speak freely"... ...as a token of good will, let me extend those words to you, Jack: Be thankful you are in Lismore, where you may say such things, mister Lanterns! You may bark like a mad dog at your rulers, you may speak of your knowledge of the dark arts of necromancy, and none shall harm you for the words you say, so long as you stick to words!"
[17:10] Zeela glances from the Valentines on the balcony down to the group around and then to jack, edging to the side slightly in order to be able to view them better. "Jack.. I think it best if you stop this shouting.. its not really helping" she comments, "And given the last outburst you pretty much attacked me in.. I'd rather not see that again" she explains, trying to appeal to him. The feline would give a small nod as she hears call for going about their lives before looking to Naza with a frown, "I think its more the effects of mana corruption, myself.." she comments before nodding to Edhel. Lismore sure was lenient at times! :3
[17:11] Xian Fangshi Valentine nods softly at Edhel again then. "Very well." she says to him, turning to the people again. "As for Lady Dru and her son Xahu's whereabouts... Dru was stricken with such grief over the loss of her husband, she was struggling to find a reason to carry on. She took Xahu with her and left Lismore. I believe she intended to return to the temple in which she grew up as a child."
[17:11] Jack Lanterns barely made a sound, he just closed his eyes and grinned like the madman so many had accused him of being as his landmine scuttled across the floor from the alley way, up his leg, and clutched to his back. "necromancy, most often described as the arcane art of the dead. known to many as just a means for raising skelitons and causing a nusance of yourself. it's more discreatly known as a potent healing and resurection means capable of extending the life and protecting t he life of any who use it properly. why our own xela of pheonix is even a litch herself, though she does good to hide much of her nature to a degree. I sometimes wonder just how much of zenko  tech she's acquired over the years. just as i wonder where the book my son keeps seeing in visions lurks... Oh primarch if only your secrets wernt so secret to those you left behind"
[17:13] Flo also knows of the zenkos high study of the arcane and magic, so it's no suprise necromancy is under that list after the last necromancy attack against this city. Again, only natural though they spit at it like it's not something to be looked at in all views. Possible its a personal vendeta against Jack himself? She will keep it in the backburner for now... homeland matters are to take priority at this time. "When might the time for royal matters can be discused? I would like to plan ahead of these times to make sure time is available for us both."
[17:14] Ciran Acinonyx was considering throwing more than just coinage, but he still had a question that needed answering. And when it is answered, he just stares. There were suddenly a lot of options available to him, though none admittedly very good.
[17:17] Lira Randonovich walks over to her father whispering something to him "Let's speak with Aryn later...aparently the queen Dru is owener of the inn...she wouldn't leave without speaking with the workers from that place...he may know something about her depart.."
[17:18] Nazatuur Radonovich IV throws his hands up "Bah! Bah, I say!" He can't help but smile a little; he's always wanted to say that "I don't believe these matters are to be discussed with whole truth anyways! politics have little room for complete honesty... But if glow-man's words have -any- truth to them, then there is serious issue here!... As if this already -isn't- issue!
[17:19] Edhel Valentine elaborates a little further on the subject of Dru, "...Everybody experiences grief differently. ...Jack there was ready to murder anyone who stood in his way! Lady Dru chose to retreat to her temple, but I wouldn't put it past her to come to visit when she comes to term with her loss. And forgive us if we have no more information to give on lord Xian's demise, we know no necromancers who could elaborate on what we were told! The sad truth is lord Xian Fu Sheng lives no more! And his grieving widow's wish was to appoint us Valentines as the leaders, the caretakers of their beloved city!"
[17:20] Zeela frowns as she glances about, her eyes following the magical glow of the 'landmine' as it makes its way over to Jack, casually stepping back to try and lightly step on it, picking it up if able to stop it.
[17:21] Nazatuur Radonovich IV growls low, turning his head to Lira and sighs, nodding to Lira "Da... is good idea, princess"
[17:21] Xian Fangshi Valentine looks down at Flo. "A timely announcement will be made, but you can expect it to happen within the next days or weeks." she says. They have to get the schedules done and whatnots of other work that had to be finished before they'd be ready. "I have no further announcements to make." There's a certain finality to her voice then. All other issues would need to be brought up at an open court session, else they'd be there all day! She'd turn to Edhel and add softly to him: "If we are finished, then we should head inside again & get to work. Our days are going to be very busy."
[17:23] Jack Lanterns looked to zeela as she tried to stop the ling ling mine. "you have a problem with me carrying my golem in the manner it's designed to be carried zeela?" he'd ask kindly while looking to her.
[17:23] Flo cant seem to get her question through the talk between jack and the valantines... so she will have to apoint a request to meet later over tea and paper. Still, she shall stick around.... OH now she has a chance~ "Yes just one small question is all. When might be the best time to set a meeting with the valantines? It's about a matter of some changes needed for the treaty between Lismore and the Dragon Isles. It was signed in his name, so it would mean that it requires a new signature and possible revising."
[17:24] Nazatuur Radonovich IV holds a paw up "OH! WAAAIT!.... Since I work for you... does that make me royal staff...?" He blurts out, making a .____. face after it
[17:24] Sir Godfrey would rub his chin lightly, before, rising yet another eyebrow over the conference. Fine then... Quietly, he turned towards the way down, and slowly, heavily walking on his crane, went back down towards the market, just stopping for a short moment to look back up. The Valenties... that could be interesting. But that was all he needed to know for the moment.
[17:25] Lira Randonovich would listen to her father's words before facepalming in shame not beliving he only asked for that before looking at him "Father...they have slaves..do that make them royal stuff?.." sighs "I hope i answered your question'
[17:25] Edhel Valentine turns to Fang, and asks her softly, "Perhaps it would be wise to let them ask their questions, they seem quite full of them...", and he gives Emir standing there a glance, like he wants his opinion on the idea too!
[17:27] Nazatuur Radonovich IV looks and Lira and shrugs "OH! I not know, but that's good! If they are royal servants, then it would only be legal for -me- to be royal, too!"  then he looks up at the Valentines"And are your slaves now royal servants, too?!"
[17:28] Lira Randonovich sighs at him before she slowly raises her paw behind of his head "You asked for it.." slaps his head's back with it, making his hat fall on the ground but not a strength slap was more like the "wake up" kind of slap
[17:29] Emir shakes his head and answers quietly, "Not the place. Questions and answers are dealt with at court, not at times such as these. People should come to grips with their grief, let their emotions soothe themselves in time, and we should convene court within the next few days," he recommends softly.
[17:31] Nazatuur Radonovich IV blinks as he's smacked, grabbing his new hat and putting it back on before it falls..
[17:31] Zeela glances down at it before looking back to Jack, "What are you up to with that? Are magical constructs not illegal now?" she asks, "And given outbursts and whatever it is you were prepairing when they first emerged.. I cant say I trust it or your intent" she then adds in a quieter voice for his ears only, "Only an idiot would attempt such attack in public.." she'd then step back and look back to the palace, waving a paw, "I'll be sure to visit soon with some questions!"
[17:33] Xian Fangshi Valentine nods in agreement with Emir. "Yes, my thoughts exactly." she agrees. Then she turns to the people again. "As said before, your questions will be answered at court when it is convened. You will be kept informed of times and dates. If you wish to meet with us privately, submit a request with one of the palace staff to schedule a meeting, or approach and ask one of our guards if we are available for it and we will meet with you at our earliest convenience."
[17:35] Nazatuur Radonovich IV nods, completely ignoring what Lira just did "Am I palace staff?!" He asks, his want to see the inside of the palace overcoming his 'issues' with a demon-ruled nation for the time being. But he turns to Lira shortly after to whisper something sternly in her ear
[17:36] Jack Lanterns just grinned to zeela "the creation of new ones yes.... old ones no. ling ling has been with me since the third lismore war.  and if anyone tries to take my sons and accuse their existance of being ilegal, i'll personaly strap them to a mana cannon and fire it. xain himself would not have survived. .. least his body wouldnt. speaking of... you ever wonder how many are pointed at the building right now?" he'd ask quietly to her. "it's a good thing to think on... just how stupid or how prepared for such a thing i realy am"
[17:37] Edhel Valentine nods to Emir, and to Fang, and turns to the people again and speaks louder, so it's clearly heard, "For the time being, all official roles and offices shall remain unchanged until further notice. Emir Brightmane shall remain as Lismore's Prime Minister and second-in-command.", and he turns to Zeela, and calls her, specifically, "Miss Zeela Soulstar! Dru had you appointed as manager of her inn, correct? ...for the rest of the day and the rest of the night, let the people eat and drink their fill as they please, to celebrate this occasion, to remember the lord and lady Fu Sheng's generous rule! The Valentines will cover the expenses of the feast!"
[17:38] Lira Randonovich her ears perk up listening what her father has to say before whispering to herself "Typical...tring to buy the people already..' sighs shaking her head
[17:41] Zeela hmms and nods, "Its a shame.. I was hoping for one for myself.." she comments before nodding once more, "I highly doubt that, unless you happen to be able to tell the future.. knowing what events have happened before they have.. and should that be the case I'd say you must have had a hand in Xian's death" she muses, before perking an ear and looking to Edhel, frowning at mention of free drinks, before she smiles as its explained the Valentines will pay. "Sure thing!" she calls back before wrapping her cloak around herself and setting off for the inn, "Did everyone hear that? Free drinks and food~! I bet Athian would pass out at that announcement.." she comments before setting off
[17:43] Emir stands stoic at his post for the time being, waiting for the ruling couple to end their attendance before moving from where he stands.
[17:44] Lira Randonovich sighs frowing from the whispers and moves to the glowing corrupted mana guy "Exceus me.." nods at him in greetings "I belive you may be busy at the moment..but please can i have some minutes of your time?"
[17:44] Ciran Acinonyx hasn't really moved from his spot; the cheetah seems to be taking the news a bit harder than most.
[17:45] Xian Fangshi Valentine has an addendum to Edhel's announcement about the free food & drinks: "Additionally, the Valentine Bathhouse shall offer free spa treatments through this day and night. Celebrate and have fun, enjoy life!" And then she turns around, intending to make her way inside.
[17:45] Jack Lanterns nodded "I planned his death aye, least i planned twelve of them. Finding where his heart was hidden was the part i hadnt cared to do yet though.  its part of my job at zenko, plan for these sorts of things, make preperations so lismore is always ready. you'd be supprised at how many things we have laying around in hidden caches around the city. " though as lira came towards him he'd simply nodd "aye, speak your mind lad.  what is it you wish of me?"
[17:46] Flo gives a small of a sigh as she adjusts the strap on her shoulder that holds her staff, seeing now this shall be a bit of a wait. Hopefully her frontal aid will not be seen as illigal insergancy now that the current treaty needs revision. She will leave to her room to set up a draft to be delivered as well as a return adress to send it to her.
[17:47] Edhel Valentine would give the people one last glance, and then turn to move away from the balcony alongside with Fang. After Emir would have left too, a servant would close the curtains.