Author Topic: Kimara's, what are they? (Library Journal)  (Read 4377 times)

Novaku

• Chaos Personified
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Poster
  • Welcome, to oblivion!
    • View Profile
    • Nova's Youtube Channel
Kimara's, what are they? (Library Journal)
« on: November 17, 2013, 03:33:18 am »
(( This is a short journal that can be found in the library about a custom species, if you have any questions about them, feel free to contact me for more. I must warn however, this journal touches onto certain things that are morally wrong, keep in mind this is purely IC and not meant to cause any offense to the reader. ))

Kimara's, what are they?

Written here is a journal that was found in a room during a murdercase in the city of Paris, the one known as Desmon Bassed was found dead in his room, his eyes gorged out and his body heavily beaten. This journal, as was read, appeared to by a dying wish and as such, has been publicized to raise awareness. However, while there is a Versthaler family, there is nothing that links them to what is written here. Whether this is true or the word of fiction of a man claimed to be delirious, is still being debated by the authorities.

They have existed for centuries, if not millenniums, yet so little to nothing is publicly known about these creatures. My name is Desmond Bassel, within this journal I will explain all that I know about these elusive Kimara's and their creators. Yes, creators...these beings are not bred normally at all.

My journey began a couple of days ago in France, Europe. There I came across this unique and never before seen breed, a male that consisted out of three different species. Something that alone is a feat usually only applied when the father or mother already was a mixed breed of two species, but the way this breed appeared it seemed impossible...it just seemed to be a perfect mixture. The body seemed to take every key aspect of the different species to make a unique species on it's own while taking away the flaws of the various species used.

This male consisted out of the legs of a fox, the body of a ferret and what seemed to be the claws, tail and head of a rat...clearly a mixture that takes all the advantages of a nimble thief...and indeed, that is how I met with him. The fellow broke into my room, that I was renting, after all, without a single sound even...his only mistake was that I was awake. Naturally I tried to catch him, but his sleek body was not just nimble, it was fast! Within the moment he noticed that I was awake he would make his way to the window and out of it within the blink of an eye.

The following day I made a report of this break in to the inn owner, whom then contacted the local authority about it. When I gave them the description of the one that broke into my room they seemed to simply brush it off and said they would do their best to find him. It was curious to say the least, they acted serious up to the point that I gave them the description...either they were not taking me serious, or something else was going on. It would not be a while until I would find out about why they brushed it off.

After the reporting I was simply going to continue my normal day, which consist out of researching the extinction of some species and the discovery of new species, or at least that was what I wanted to do today...but that unique breed kept going about in my mind. Maybe it is because I research new species, or perhaps it was because it just seemed so...unnatural. I simply had to find out more about him, more about what he was. Sadly without any leads or ideas on his whereabouts, this seemed to become a pointless search. I remember spending ours visiting various places, the darker places, pubs, bars...places where pirates and thieves frequent...yet aside from a couple of threats on my life, there was none that knew about this fellow. In fact, I spend the whole day questioning people about this man, but my search seemed pointless.

Defeated I returned to the inn and back into my room, it was evening already and the day had been replaced by the night. When I opened my door it was naturally dark in my room, and so when I closed the door behind me, I was completely unaware that someone else was with me in the room. So when I finally turned on the lights and revealed 'his' presence, I was shocked and surprised but before I could usher a single word he had taken me down and covered my mouth with his paw. He told me to be silent, that I should stop questioning after him if I valued my life and that I should forget about this all and move to a different place. When he removed his paw to allow me to acknowledge his words, I could not help but to question him why. He explained that learning more about him, would mean that I would be involved with an organisation that is quite keen on removing every single trace of someone existence who pokes their nose around too much. I told him I did not care, I was an old man already and no one would shed a tear over my demise.

With a grunt he moved off me and said he would answer all my questions, but warned me that I would be no more within a couple of days after being given this knowledge. I told him that I understood that and that I still wanted to learn. What followed then was a story....a story filled with horrors, shocks and amazement. even if I wanted to retell the full story here, I can't...some things simply cannot be retold. He left after telling me his story, he said I should spend what little time I have left wisely...I said I would. This was yesterday, and has now brought me to the point to explain to you, the reader, all that I have learned. And so that when this is once found after my untimely demise, that it may become public so that more people know about this beings, these Kimara's.

The Kimara is a product of artificial breeding through the means of magic and alchemy, it is rather otherworldly...but that is the point, it is otherworldly, they are created by demons. Demons belonging to a family called Versthalers, though he told me that was not even their true names. These people collect the reproductive materials of various species and contain them in a healthy shape through the use of Necromancy. When they create a species, they first look at what task this species will be for. In his case, he was tasked to be a thief even before birth, but there are more tasks, warriors, rogue's and thieves are just some of the few listed tasks. Once a task has been decided upon, they will select the species most suitable for this task, at all times, three species are picked. Nothing less, nothing more.

Once the species are picked, they are combined through the means of alchemy so to ensure the right outcome when they are born, how this exactly is done is a trade secret, something that is only known by the select few who are in charge of this. Once they are mixed together, they are inseminated to something they call a birthmother. A special bred female whom isn't even actually alive, in fact the female is brain dead as only her body is needed for the progress. The carrying of the child is shortened through means of both magic and alchemy as a full cycle only lasts a month before the eventual child is born. The newly born Kimara, as they are called...obviously it is a variation of the word chimera, is then taken away from the birthmother and brought to a special location where they are further augmented with runes and other means to bring out the best of them. These augmentations also cause them to age more rapidly, so when they are children they can already start studying and training. These studies and trainings increase the older they get, in order to pressurize them more and basically break them again and again until they are nothing but completely loyal to their masters.

Of course there are failures, these failures are generally always disposed and killed, their bodies literally used as food for others, there are some lucky to be released, deemed that their issues as failures aren't that riskily enough to be a threat against them. They are of course, kept an eye on and that every failure that dares to turns against them, will be killed. This is how their organisation works, a cruel and macabre organisation that shows no concern or care about life. And this is not even everything about these creatures and their creators, but I fear I am running out of time, they will come for me soon and so, I have to hide this before I am found with it.

I hope that this will be found after my demise, that this will be made public and perhaps someday, a stop can be put to this.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 03:39:40 am by Novaku »
"We are nothing but pawns in the world, in this  world that is nothing but a game. Our actions, our fates are bound decided by the game, we move because the game commands us to do so. Only the players know what faith will befall us for we signify nothing but strategic movements." Valencia Versthaler